JUST DO IT! - ANTI-PROCRASTINATION INITIATIVE

Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill
woAH WOAH SIGN ME UP
*signs up* I'll either choose a map making or review writing goal. Either way, why not?
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
author=NeverSilent
author=charblar
You guys make the easiest events sometimes.
You are either being ironic, or you must not be a chronic procrastinator. Otherwise, you wouldn't say a thing like that.

I would love to do this if it wasn't for NDA...
author=Archeia_Nessiah

The National Dance Association got to you too, huh?

So far, my experience game making under events has been a lot more positive than outside of them. So, sure, why not?
My goal would be to finish my game's third dungeon in one week. Seems reasonable enough. also, since I'm impatient and it's apparently allowed, I'll start now, 8/6.
Well, I already have a clear goal in mind for the first week. I want to submit a review for Spirit Blade. I've had a partially written script for that game on my computer desk for the last couple of months now. So, it would make sense to get of my butt and finish that.
author=Archeia_Nessiah

This is just one of the reasons why I've always wanted to go indie, but not being able to tell people the stuff you're proud for having worked on would be quite a big issue for me.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
My focus is entirely on my graphic novel atm, and my computer is fried. No money for a new one for at least a few months.
I had a hankering for more gamemake lately too.

Maybe sign me up for finishing Bun-Bo 2. Pianotm and I are working on it, and I bet we can be done by the end of this. Many RMNers stand to gain from this!
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
You're all on the list now! Thanks for signing up!

Just as a reminder in order to make things more clear: This is not going to be just a one week-long event. It's supposed to last for 5-6 weeks total, and the official aim is to achieve multiple smaller goals over the course of that time.

If you have only a single goal in mind that you want to pursue, then that's fine and I'll be rooting for you either way. Just for fairness's sake be aware that participating only for the duration of one week / one goal will not qualify you for the achievement. Still, if joining this event encourages you to work on something even just for a little while, I'd call that a mission accomplished regardless.
I'm in !

There are a lot of ideas I have lying around for MinST. And I should really work on them.

1. Implement customizable key configuration
2. Develop a save game function based on the save map function
3. Develop charge attack
4. Adapt AI to properly use charge attack
5. Make a generic range attack function for ranges above 2
6. Adapt AI to properly use attacks of ranges above 2
7. Increase archer range to 2-4 and add the bill-men unit (draw new sprite) with range 2
8. Add other new units
9. Adapt interface to scroll the map and make some larger-than-screen maps
10. Make the game play music and find copyright free music that matches with the game

My goal: complete at least 2 tasks of the list each week.
Are you serious about beating procrastination? I've been struggling with mine for the last 10 years and read countless books and self help methods. Here is what I'm having best results with. First of all, procrastination bulldozer method has worked wonders for me. I highly recommend you apply it. Secondly, whenever you have a task that takes less than 5 minutes to do, do it right away. No delays. I'm really starting to take control of my life now.
I want this.

There are a number of things I've been meaning to get working in the current game I've been working on (mostly level loading and camera work). But every time I sit down to fix them, I somehow find a way to actually not do any work.
Ok, sign me up. This'll be useful.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I have no idea if I'll actually get anything done, but, what the hey! Sign me up!
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
I am participating.

Mostly because I really need to finish this game I have been re-starting over the last three years and procrastination only makes me more inclined to do so in the future.
I would live to be in this as well please!
Me Because June has just turned the rest of 2016 into a ANTI-PROCRASTINATION run~ 8D
my body can take it (sign me up)
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Okey-dokey, welcome to the event! We're at over 40 participants now! Pretty impressive, I dare to say.
Sure why not, seems like an intersting idea.