JUST DO IT! - ANTI-PROCRASTINATION INITIATIVE

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Pizza
@Cap_H: Those coast tiles are SO CUTE, holy shit. Nice palette too.

Thanks, man. Your work have a great impact on me. I stared on screenshots from Aelsea for hours. Arne 16 does half of the job. And everyone can easily edit them.

I started working on a world map today. The proper one. However I can't concentrate on this level of mapping today as I plaid tones of RM games lately, so I could put out my top ten list.
My next goal is clear. I shall finish the rest of chips. That means exteriors, dungeons, interiors. Exteriors are likely to be two chippies (walls and objects for three different nations, fields, marshes, hills and woods). It's not unlikely that I manage to make first characters and place them in screenshots.

Week's 2 Objectives:
1) Make two chipsets for exteriors
2) Progress on the world map
3) Listen more Coachwhips.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Well done, Luiishu! You've got your first success!
And I'm glad to hear you're making so much progress as well, Gourd_Clae.

Cap_H, I had to think about how to handle this for a while. On the one hand, I want to encourage people to be productive as often as possible, so allowing participants to declare new goals even before their previous week's time has ended would be a good thing. On the other hand, I wanted to avoid people finishing their 4 goals within a few days by making them very small and quick to complete.
But all in all, I think supporting constant productivity without arbitrary waiting times imposed as a result of finishing things early seems most important to me. So as a general ruling, I will allow people to announce new goals once they have finished their previous one, even if a whole week hasn't yet passed. After all, the achievement is only a little extra incentive, but getting work done is what this thread is really about.
Thanks! You're doing very good job, NS.

I'm not sure what chose from next. Hmm...

1. Start sharing some of my music and some tracks from my games (I'll probably upload videos on YT and maybe Soundcloud. I'll probably make a topic for my music here at RMN too).
2. Kick back some life into my YT channel. How am I gonna' do that? Well, I'll upload some videos of course (mainly the music I mentioned and some gameplay videos showcasing the games I'm working on).
3. Finishing a certain quest for my current project.
4. Replace/update the iconset for my current project.
5. Give pixel art a shot; I just want to get started by getting something done. It might be a sprite, a tree, or just an icon.
6. Create a thread in the Creative Corner where I showcase some different maps, in hope of inspiring others.
7. If I get time, I'll try to upload a Mapping Concept video to my YT channel where I showcase some random maps.
8. Write a review.

I've basically finished my 4th goal as well. I have SO much to learn though when it comes to pixel art, I'm pretty confused about where to start.

I'll probably try my 8th goal pretty soon, since there's a game that I just finished that I would like to review while it's fresh in my head. My first goal would be pretty doable as well before this Friday, I guess.

Anyway, I'd like to congratulate those who've reached and their goal and wish the others good luck on what they've got left! You CAN do it!
I recently finished this blog, which I guess I made into a goal during the last page:

https://rpgmaker.net/games/7976/blog/16860/

My goal for the time being is going to be to learn how to use the NES palette more effectively, since I've never been able to make anything with it. Attempt #1:

I don't really have any interest in using the colour limitations of the NES or anything (at least not for now). I just like the palette.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Many thanks for the recognition, NeverSilent! Though, to top it all off, I made this blog! Yaaaaaaay!

Congratulations to the others that have reached their goals, and I'm cheering* for the others that have yet to meet them!

*As in, as soon as I get off the floor!
Not sure if I'll be able to meet my goal. I probably shouldn't of made a goal that relied on other people XD

And I'm not one to rush my testers!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
GOAL: Finish playtesting in time for Illy to meet his goal. Unfortunately, I'm not the only playtesting, so I can't guarantee this will help.
author=pianotm
GOAL: Finish playtesting in time for Illy to meet his goal. Unfortunately, I'm not the only playtesting, so I can't guarantee this will help.

Now this is what I'm talking about!

/cheer
Time to report:

Goal 1. Done !
The player can configure control keys within the game. Those settings are saved and reloaded next time. The file "Help.txt" also gets updated with the selected keys names.

Goal 2. Not started.
Develop a save game function…

So I achieved 50% of my first week goal so far.

You can check my progress here
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
So due to circumstance I have to cancel my goal of balancing the level 1 monsters and instead have it be "Make the intro again".

Welp.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
It's great to see so much progress being made by so many people! You all have reason to be proud of yourselves.

Pizza, I just assumed that doing some work with the NES palette is your new goal for the next week starting today. Did I understand that correctly, or am I misinterpreting you?

Luiishu, I'm not quite sure if you already announced a new goal, and if so, which one it is. So I've not yet put anything new into the OP for you. Don't think this implies I'm trying to rush you to pick a new goal, though - this is just to clarify my own actions.

Illy, is there maybe something else you can do in the meantime that also fits the description of "improving the first chapter of your game"? It's a little unfortunate that your goal has turned out to rely on others so much, maybe you can find a way around that for the time being?

Everyone else, keep up the good work! Or begin it, if you haven't been able to start yet! Either way, best of luck!

Edit:
Seiromem, that's fine. I'll just cut your original goal from the OP and write down your new one for starting today.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Illy
Not sure if I'll be able to meet my goal. I probably shouldn't of made a goal that relied on other people XD

And I'm not one to rush my testers!

I think I've spent, like, about an hour on it thus far? Forgive my lapse of memory on this point, and there's no time-stamp that I can refer to either. Anyway, I'll do my best!
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Lulz I haven't even started. :V
Pizza, I just assumed that doing some work with the NES palette is your new goal for the next week starting today. Did I understand that correctly, or am I misinterpreting you?

Yeah, my goal is just to tinker with the palette.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Well, you still have quite some time left, Ratty. And we've all seen some of the awesome stuff you've already created. We know you can do it!

Edit:
All right, thanks for clarifying, Pizza. So I got that right in the OP, then. Good.
So you can pretty much start the next goal right after completing the last?

My next goal will is to complete half my next dungeon for Three Ghostly Roses. I need to make a few maps, make three additional enemy sprites and their data, and the eventing of the maps and whatnot.

Really picking up my pace lately. I really want most the game if not all done next month due to me having a two week vacation and I want to just relax during it.
I'd love to join, if I'm not too late! I already have one goal in mind. ^^
author=Marrend
I think I've spent, like, about an hour on it thus far? Forgive my lapse of memory on this point, and there's no time-stamp that I can refer to either. Anyway, I'll do my best!

I don't want to rush you guys, I just think it'd be cool if we all managed to knock it out by this Friday to meet the goal :D
Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill
Can do! I've already got one emote!
This is awesome! Great job to all participating so far and It's wonderful to see the well wishes all around too~

And I'm glad to see that I'm not the only latecomer. I'm late for everything. Knowing me, I'll probably be late for my own funeral too, hahah.

My goal for this week is to finish my rework/rearrangement of a 6 year old piece, and upload it to youtube and soundcloud. I'm in the middle of it, I just couldn't get on here to post my goal until now.... ._.