JUST DO IT! - ANTI-PROCRASTINATION INITIATIVE

Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Well, failed goal one, for the best really I shouldn't be going off on my own here. I'll just help Outcry finish our game:

Goal 2(1): Design Level 3 Enemies.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
All right, the time for those goals that were announced on June 11th is over now. We've got a good amount of Successes in here, so I updated the first post to reflect that. Great work, everyone!

@Zephire98:
No worries. these kinds of unexpected difficulties are one of the reasons why this event is planned to take longer than just 4 weeks sharp. I re-added your goal to the list of those started on June 19th. Good luck!

@Gredge109:
I'm not sure if it's still relevant, but I watched your video and have some feedback for you as well. Would you like me to post it here, or should I rather send you a PM, provided you're still interested at all?

@Fruebis:
That seems like a great compromise. If you find it hard to decide on a fixed goal beforehand and would rather work with a list of possible things to do, I'm absolutely okay with that. Just post your list here and provide some evidence once you've achieved one of the tasks on the list, and you're all set.
I'm glad to have you back!

@volke_locke:
Okay, you're on the list of participants now! Welcome! Please keep us updated on your progress.

@Seiromem:
That's fine. There's nothing in the rules that forbids working together on certain goals with other people, and I'm definitely not going to add such a rule either. Good luck with your new task!
Uh... Do I have time to change my goal? It looks like I underestimated the amount of work I had to do
I failed my first goal but my second goal is to redo the intro to a secret game project I've been working on.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
@El_WaKa:
I want to say of course you can. But the event has been going for a while now, so it seems a little unfair to others who are struggling to allow everybody to retroactively alter their goals.
I think I'll just still allow it this time, since problems with scope have occurred before. But starting tomorrow, I will count reducing one's goal as setting up a new goal, which means it will be listed as starting on the day the goal change was made, and the previous goal will be cancelled.

Technically, that doesn't even mean much, but I do want to at least try and encourage people to pick their goals wisely, and to treat every participant fairly. I hope that's okay.

@Zero3D:
Got it, thanks for letting me know. Good luck with your new goal! You can do it!
author=NeverSilent
@El_WaKa:
I want to say of course you can. But the event has been going for a while now, so it seems a little unfair to others who are struggling to allow everybody to retroactively alter their goals.
I think I'll just still allow it this time, since problems with scope have occurred before. But starting tomorrow, I will count reducing one's goal as setting up a new goal, which means it will be listed as starting on the day the goal change was made, and the previous goal will be cancelled.

Technically, that doesn't even mean much, but I do want to at least try and encourage people to pick their goals wisely, and to treat every participant fairly. I hope that's okay.

Oh, I was thinking about just forgetting the first goal and start with a new goal/week, I understand that it would feel unfair if I just change it like that, it's ok, thanks anyway!

New Goal: Make the sprites for the 6 main characters

This may be seen as easy for some people, but for someone like me that never made sprites before it will be a nice and fun challenge
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Goal for June 19th - June 26th

If one recalls my post on the 10th, I said...

author=Marrend
If I manage to finish (my goal) before the week is out, and I still have a bulk of time left, there is an experiment I want to try out: making a Suiko-shop. As in, create a shop whose inventory is based on items that players have seen in other locations.

...this. The end result I'd be looking for here is something that I would submit as a script (It would be my first one!) plus a downloadable demo-project for the purpose of seeing it in action, and/or general research.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm getting into with this, or if this has already been done. Either way, wish me luck!
author=captainregal
Goal: Complete Charcoal City and Port Firia.Means all npc bio's into the game.

All interior maps completed, named and mailboxes complete.

Quest Tracking into the game.

Add guild hall quests.

I have only been putting this off for about 3 years or so....

So it turns out I was to ambitious with my goals
I was able to complete half of the things I wanted to last week. I put all the npcs and their bios into the game for the two city's and I completed all the interior maps and put them into the game.

Here is proof of the maps and a screen of one map.

Here is proof of a chara bio.

Goal for June 17-24 is to complete the rest of this goal.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Fantastic! I put all your new goals in the OP. I'm rooting for you all!
Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill
Alright, let's see...how about...
Sprite three enemies?
@NeverSilent: Sure I'll take the feedback, whatever way works best for you.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
@Gredge109:
Okay, these are my thoughts:
First of all, I like the idea of a battle system without any kind of MP or similar resource for using skills. And even with just 3 available skills, you seem to have brought quite some variety into the combat with the available characters. A more minimalistic approach like that can lead to suprisingly deep combat tactics. The implementation of a visible order of actions further adds to that potential.

However, I also got the impression that your battle system in its current form seems to rely fairly heavily on randomness. This is more of a personal issue, but having only a certain chance of applying a status effect can make a huge difference in a focused battle system like yours, and an unsuccessful attempt will be extra frustrating since it was completely independent of the player's actions. This is especially true for skills whose only function is to cause a status effect, since they can just do nothing if you're unlucky. It's less aggravating to the player if status effects have a chance of being a secondary effect of a damaging skill.

This brings me to another point, namely that I didn't yet see a whole lot of potential for good combos in your current setup. It's always nice to have certain skills that affect the effectivity of other skills, and they don't even have to be the same character's. If you make skills more versatile, you don't even need a whole lot of them, and it seems like that was what you were going for.

The last point I want to mention is the problem of healing. First of all, I am not sure whether it's such a great idea to have healing items whose effectivity is randomly determined. Again, this can feel really unfair to the player, especially in crucial moments. In addition, it's not only somewhat immersion-breaking if a healer can replenish his allies' HP in battle, but not outside of battle. There's also the issue that it makes stalling out a battle a viable strategy at some point, so that the player can still get as many heals out as possible before defeating the last enemy.

If all of this sounds too negative, then please keep in mind that it's always easier to offer criticism of perceived problems than write a lot of praise about positive aspects. As a whole, I liked your battle system's idea, I just think it can be improved. And of course, all of these points are just my personal views, so they are far from objective.

I hope any of this is helpful.
I did some stuff I wanted to do. Other stuff still came up that occupied my attention so while I could have done more I am satisfied with what I did.

I really liked the opportunity to jump into stuff tho.
author=NeverSilent
@Gredge109:
Okay, these are my thoughts:
First of all, I like the idea of a battle system without any kind of MP or similar resource for using skills. And even with just 3 available skills, you seem to have brought quite some variety into the combat with the available characters. A more minimalistic approach like that can lead to suprisingly deep combat tactics. The implementation of a visible order of actions further adds to that potential.

However, I also got the impression that your battle system in its current form seems to rely fairly heavily on randomness. This is more of a personal issue, but having only a certain chance of applying a status effect can make a huge difference in a focused battle system like yours, and an unsuccessful attempt will be extra frustrating since it was completely independent of the player's actions. This is especially true for skills whose only function is to cause a status effect, since they can just do nothing if you're unlucky. It's less aggravating to the player if status effects have a chance of being a secondary effect of a damaging skill.

This brings me to another point, namely that I didn't yet see a whole lot of potential for good combos in your current setup. It's always nice to have certain skills that affect the effectivity of other skills, and they don't even have to be the same character's. If you make skills more versatile, you don't even need a whole lot of them, and it seems like that was what you were going for.

The last point I want to mention is the problem of healing. First of all, I am not sure whether it's such a great idea to have healing items whose effectivity is randomly determined. Again, this can feel really unfair to the player, especially in crucial moments. In addition, it's not only somewhat immersion-breaking if a healer can replenish his allies' HP in battle, but not outside of battle. There's also the issue that it makes stalling out a battle a viable strategy at some point, so that the player can still get as many heals out as possible before defeating the last enemy.

If all of this sounds too negative, then please keep in mind that it's always easier to offer criticism of perceived problems than write a lot of praise about positive aspects. As a whole, I liked your battle system's idea, I just think it can be improved. And of course, all of these points are just my personal views, so they are far from objective.

I hope any of this is helpful.

This is great, thank you very much for your feed back!
Okay, so I've got the plan done. Still gotta make a start on the maps themselves and find the menu script (though that will have to wait til my internet is back to normal).

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I'm not finished yet, butt..
But it's been almost a week since I warned you about my second goal. Here are results so far. Two chipsets, the second needs plants and small objects. The first are dungeon tiles. As a matter of fact, I made this one out of procrastination to avoid production of trees and cliffs. Tomorrow, I will hopefully finish damn trees and do a third one, which will be mostly same as the second one and featuring longhouses and totems. And add screenshots of sample maps, so the goal can be counted as achieved.

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
My first tests have been modestly successful. At the moment, my SuikoShop just takes everything the player has seen ("We're always well-stocked!"), though, setting up separate categories of shops (Ie: items, weapons, armor) was my original intention. Might get back to this later on, as, Draigaaz, I'm on day 1 still!?
Update: Goal 2 complete. Goal A has been solved through a script that allows the player to equip up to four skills at once. Goal B was completed rather easily after a few tweaks to character stats. As odd as it sounds, it's rather... refreshing? Refreshing not to have to worry about magic stats. I like the idea of my game having no magic (aside from the cultists), it's rather nice. Goal C was also completed since that didn't actually take long at all.

So now that goal 2 is complete, it's time for...

Goal 3: Implement changes to core gameplay (also some changes from NeverSilent's feedback) and add a maximum of 7 skills per character than can be swapped. Also going to add more enemies and encounter types. Will upload a video when this has been added.
Alrighty! Many thanks.
Here we go,
1. Proof read, record, and edit the second episode of my radio play.
2. Work on an art design project for a contest I've been meaning to get done since like... Monday. (Would have worked on it sooner, but I needed a bit more information from the person holding the contest.)
3. Finish up a rather large picture I've been meaning to get done... since two weeks ago.
4. Get the script for the intro of the game I've been trying to finish done.
And since that covers what I'm working on at the moment, I'll leave it there.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
The first review is done and waiting approval >.<

Now one more left