LUNATICS WITH GUNS, DOMESTIC TERRORISTS AND HOMOPHOBIA...

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
50 killed and 53 injured at Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida by a man claiming to be a member of the Islamic State, also known as ISIS. The worst shooting in American history since the Virginia Tech massacre of 2007.

Homophobia is still alive and well. Let's stay strong and keep the faith alive of a better future.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
While I'm aware that homophobia is still a very real thing I dont base the world's view from a hatemongering zealot. that's something that is never going to change.
it doesn't matter whether its the opinion of the majority or of the minority. even if just a minority of people are actually externalized, agressive and homicidal homophobes, its still a problem. it should be zero.

This case shows well that one homophobe can well equate to 100 injured, 50 dead. Heck it could've been worse, even.

And homophobia exists in many other ways, in all shades of grey subtlety.

anyway also yay so for a few weeks ill probably be reminded of the shooting i witnessed again and again as i surf the internet yayyyy ; v ;)b
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
May the victims and their families be blessed.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=JosephSeraph
it doesn't matter whether its the opinion of the majority or of the minority. even if just a minority of people are actually externalized, agressive and homicidal homophobes, its still a problem. it should be zero.

This case shows well that one homophobe can well equate to 100 injured, 50 dead. Heck it could've been worse, even.

And homophobia exists in many other ways, in all shades of grey subtlety.

anyway also yay so for a few weeks ill probably be reminded of the shooting i witnessed again and again as i surf the internet yayyyy ; v ;)b

^This

My heart really goes out to the victim's friends and families who are affected by this tragedy. It's a crying shame I live on the same planet as Mateen.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
What, radical muslims again? Jfc are they a blight on this earth.

There was also a similar massacre in a gay bar called Madame in my city, but it wasn't done by muslims. Or at least our criminal police didn't release the information that it was muslims.

author=Article
An AR-15 is the civilian variant of the military M-16 rifle. It is one of the most popular weapons in the United States and can be customized with a variety of accessories including different grips and sights.
:/
Islam, the religion of peace. You know, if asked, the majority of muslims would say that what that dude did was a good thing. Zealot or not.
User was warned for this post
InfectionFiles
author=SnowOwl
Islam, the religion of peace. You know, if asked, the majority of muslims would say that what that dude did was a good thing. Zealot or not.
Which is insane and scary to think.

also, Mirak, the US isn't perfect but I like having the right to a firearm that I can protect myself with, my family and if I had the power to stop someone like this.
I'm not sure where you live, somewhere with Spanish speaking or influence, right?
Mirak
What is your implication? That i am unable to understand because i'm not american?
I'm fully aware of america's controversial gun culture. Doesn't mean i am barred from thinking getting weapons like that so easily is a little bit fucked up.
InfectionFiles
Well no, just that your country probably isn't perfect either. Especially if you live in Mexico.
Mirak
Oh is this going to turn into a your country's problems > my country's problems then.
Ok, i now understand i am prohibited from formulating an opinion about a country because i live in a shittier one.
InfectionFiles
No, you can have your own opinion. You just talk shit about the US alot and your country is just as shitty about things, if not worse.
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
author=SnowOwl

An interesting observation, albeit not based in reality.

I foresee only good things for this thread.
Mirak
author=InfectionFiles
No, you can have your own opinion. You just talk shit about the US alot and your country is just as shitty about things, if not worse.
Apart from "talking shit" about your american taco the other day i don't recall making any sort of lots of "shit talk" about the us recently, so you're either full of shit or very very rancorous about something i said a while ago or so.

But i concede that i have no right to discuss american matters because i'm just a mexican so i'll leave the discussion.
edit: I'm unfollowing this thread.
Ratty524
Wow guys. Is it possible to discuss these matters without it turning into a shit-flinging fest?
author=Ratty524
Wow guys. Is it possible to discuss these matters without it turning into a shit-flinging fest?

what website do you think you're on
I kinda wish they hadn't divulged who the shooter was. Who does that information honestly help? >.<

My thoughts are with the families.
Ratty524
author=Pizza
author=Ratty524
what website do you think you're on

I just have that speck of hope for change, I guess.

author=Gourd_Clae
I kinda wish they hadn't divulged who the shooter was. Who does that information honestly help? >.<

My thoughts are with the families.

The info that he was put to justice is at least mildly reassuring. After all, the thought of such a person still being at large is horrifying, so I'm glad that isn't the case.

But on a similar subject:
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-gay-pride-la-weapons-20160612-snap-story.html

What the fuck? I'm seriously wondering if this was a nationwide scheme of inflicting terror among LGBTs.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=SnowOwl
An interesting observation, albeit not based in reality.

I foresee only good things for this thread.

I'm a big proponent of people not engaging in Islamaphobia, but it would be an absolute disservice to Islam to pretend there isn't an active and a passive issue of radicalism present in many popular interpretations of the religion. To pretend otherwise would be a True Scotsman fallacy, at best.

Much love to those affected by this. It's pretty awful!