[RMXP] WORKING WITH DROPBOX

Pages: 1
I was wondering, is it possible to edit your game from Dropbox. Some people are working with several computers so it would be helpful to work from Dropbox. But I wonder if that's safe.

I'm working with RMXP so does anyone has experience with loading and saving directly from Dropbox?
Yes, it's VERY possible. I do most of my RMXP edits inside Dropbox because of how small they are.

Just be careful with how shared edits work. I share projects with other devs and if you are both working on the game at the same time, the saves can overlap and progress can be undone.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Working with shared folders can become a clusterfuck if communication amongst your team is bad. Be careful.
Thanks for the replies. I work alone so that's not going to be problem. Just wondering if it's dangerous to keep your project on it that it won't become corrupted or anything.

That makes editing on different places much easier. :)
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
oh. well, it can get corrupted the same way it could if you were not using dropbox, but yeah you can use it no problem.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
Also, if for some reason Dropbox malfunctions you'll lose any edits you made, so make sure to backup your files regularly to other places.
Ah thanks for all the advices. I will do that. :)
Hi, I am new to Dropbox. How does this work? The application can be uploaded to Dropbox, and anyone with the password can access it from anywhere?
author=Zachary_Braun
Hi, I am new to Dropbox. How does this work? The application can be uploaded to Dropbox, and anyone with the password can access it from anywhere?

You download Dropbox and it will function as a folder on your computer. The files in this folder will be uploaded on your Dropbox account so you can have access to them on any device. You can give permission to other people to use your folder. You do that on the Dropbox website, share a specific folder and give the persons Dropbox account e-mail. That person has to accept your invitation and your folder will be in his own Dropbox folder.
Probably the best thing to do to avoid team overwriting is to have only one team member editing the project in rpg maker xp at a time. When they're done with their session, they can let the other team members know, however they usually keep in contact/maybe something involving a text document in the same folder that team members should usually sign to signal that they're done.
Pages: 1