THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD

I've only watched the trailer and seen a few gifs, but I think it looks dope. I hope it has a Hero/Hard Mode unlocked from the start. Both A Link Between Worlds and Skyward Sword were way better the second time around because of it.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Luiishu535
I really Hope that there'll be no voice acting. Let Zelda be Zelda, yo!

I kind of agree. I've always intepretted the people speaking in a kind of simlish (or "hylian" in this sort of case) that added to the "fantasy" aspect of the world. I'd like that to be kept.
author=Luiishu535
I really Hope that there'll be no voice acting. Let Zelda be Zelda, yo!

It seems to be VERY limited from what they've shown. Link approaches one old man (please be Sahasrahla!) and he talks to Link via dialogue boxes. The only voice we've heard so far is one that tells him to wake up at the very start.
HYA! HUH! HYUP! HYAP! HUARH! HYA!
Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
You know, there's one thing...

Will there ever be another Navi?
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=KatanaHiroshi
You know, there's one thing...

Could be the voice in the trailer, but I honestly hope there isn't one.
author=Ratty524

Same. After Fi "helpers" should be fucking banned
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
author=Ratty524
author=KatanaHiroshi

Pretty sure its so: In their treehouse videos Ms. Disembodia gives you a verbal shove to follow your minimap's marker if you dick around too long.

Which seems really against the spirit of what the game is going for, but hey! Maybe it's just for the first area.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I cannot wait for this game.

They confirmed there is no partner character. The only thing you can sort of get is Wolf Link via the amiibo. By default, you are alone alone alone.
Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
author=WIP
I cannot wait for this game.

They confirmed there is no partner character. The only thing you can sort of get is Wolf Link via the amiibo. By default, you are alone alone alone.

Oh yeah, and I also heard that they'll add something like Link Archer and another Link as a companion.

Still, the Wolf Link dies overtime though. :(
author=WIP

I'm cynical enough to believe that the only difference this makes is that the chatbox that pops up to tell you a bunch of redundant bullshit won't have a "Midna: " in front of the rest of the text.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I'm 100% on board with the WW timeline.
After WW, they left to find a new continent to be the next Hyrule. PHG happens, and later on this new Hyrule, ST happens. Centuries pass, and the water subsides. The world of Hyrule is exposed again, ravaged by the ocean. There's erosion, and massive land alterations. Why you're back in Hyrule, or if you even left, is curious. Maybe there's an untold tale about Link's reincarnation coming to life after Sages put the Hero of Time in a resurrection chamber? Who knows.

Also, the technology in this makes me link to after Spirit Tracks, which would be the beginning of technology advancement! I'm super excited to play this. I love sandbox games. But, going to be hell wrestling the controller from my Zelda fangirl girlfriend... lol ,_,
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=Dudesoft
I'm 100% on board with the WW timeline.
After WW, they left to find a new continent to be the next Hyrule. PHG happens, and later on this new Hyrule, ST happens. Centuries pass, and the water subsides. The world of Hyrule is exposed again, ravaged by the ocean. There's erosion, and massive land alterations. Why you're back in Hyrule, or if you even left, is curious. Maybe there's an untold tale about Link's reincarnation coming to life after Sages put the Hero of Time in a resurrection chamber? Who knows.

Also, the technology in this makes me link to after Spirit Tracks, which would be the beginning of technology advancement! I'm super excited to play this. I love sandbox games. But, going to be hell wrestling the controller from my Zelda fangirl girlfriend... lol ,_,

The technology reminds me more of the Timeshift stones seen in SS. It's obviously something the Sheikah branded.

As for timeline: we know the Hero of Time becomes a guardian stalfos in the TP timeline. The HoT doesn't exist in the WW timeline anymore. The sheikah would need to invent some crazy tech to pull him back across timelines.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
If anyone tries to tell you there's a Zelda timeline, they're just screwing with you.

This includes anyone from Nintendo.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Actually, if you study the games closely enough, you'll see that lots of the Zelda games actually refer to other games in various ways, and the lore of the games is also consistent with the official Zelda timeline.

For instance, in Twilight Princess, it is implied that a war happened between the Hylians and Gerudo after Link told Zelda of Ganondorf's plans in OOT. Link, being in Termina at the time of the war, is unable to stop it and comes back to a ravaged Hyrule where Ganondorf is executed. Link's sorrow due to being unable to save Hyrule turns him into Twilight Princess' Hero Shade after his death.
The Zelda timeline hurts my brain every single time I try to make sense of it.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I was actually just thinking the other day that the timeline doesn't matter. It's entirely theorhetical where Wind Waker takes place. For all intents and purposes it could be chronologically the last event after all timelines (each passing to X year in time) and a great flood hits Hyrule, regardless of the timeline. That way, it could be on any of the strands, as the natural disaster is an inevitability for the world.

On another note, the symbol on the door where Link wakes up, is that the Vaati symbol?
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Wasn't the flood caused by Ganondorf returning to a world where the Hero of Time did not exist? Because there was no hero, and Ganondorf couldn't be defeated, the world had to be flooded instead.

Which means Wind Waker can only take place in the Adult timeline, or the Game Over timeline.
I know the Legend of Zelda franchise is split into 3 separate timelines
starting with Skyward Sword and branching after Ocarina of Time ending.
The Child link timeline is just as valid as the Adult link timeline.
Jeroen_Sol
All three are valid, but Wind Waker couldn't take place in the Child Link timeline because of its lore. Which means, in turn, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks also can't, as PH is a direct sequel to WW, and ST is a sequel to PH.