[POLL] NO IGMC THIS YEAR IT LOOKS LIKE; WHO WANTS AN AUGUST EVENT?

Poll

Would you like a gam mak event in August? - Results

Yes; Anything
52%
Yes; McBacon Jam 3
47%
McBacon Jam 3 in September instead please
0%
McBacon Jam 3 in November
0%

Pages: first 12 next last
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Yay! Totally! Can we have a mcbacon jam 3? AND DEFINATELY IN AUGUST!! Then I'll be on summer holidays and it'll be awesome :D
unity
You're magical to me.
Craze had a good idea a little while back. (Please correct me if I'm butchering the idea Craze XD) From what I remember, it was having each person make a map, and then people make games using those maps! I think that's really cool! I guess you'd have to keep it to a certain maker unless there's enough people who want to make maps from a secondary maker.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
If we do a make-maps-into-a-game event, maybe we can try to resurrect this game/series or make that an October thing? I... guess it depends on how cool the community is with this idea.

*Edit: McBacon Jam 3 should happen too, though. Hrm. Torn.
The make maps into a game thing is already on the cards for this year. ;p
unity
You're magical to me.
Ah, cool! :D Nevermind then XD
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Neat!
I'm up to anything. Even a smaller event alongside McBacon.
Looking at the calendar, I forgot that we had something planned for this month though we could move it to August instead. It was basically a 3-week game making event where the heroes have to be either/or
- non-binary gender
- non-white
- non-straight

It was called "Step out of the Shadows" and is to encourage people to step out of their comfort zone and try their hand at creating games that represent more than the usual white/straight/default-gendered heroes that we all see.

We also have the Halloween event for October, which will be the map-make event.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
McBacon Jam 3!!! I loved McBacon Jam 2, and I loved working with charblar, and Nessie, and pizza...!
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
I'd be fine with a third McBacon Jam, perhaps I might be able to become good at making games.

I'd re-recommend a newbie-mentor event, where newbies had to make a game, while being given advice by a mentor, who could contribute on the game, just not in the main creation, such as the mapping and story, though for story, they could recommend certain things, and still help out.
Zeigfried_McBacon
Unless I've given a damn good reason, it looks like were gonna have us a McBacon Jam in August. I still need to consult some people in regards to certain things, but it already looks like a go.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Come on... McBacon Jam!

By the way, Zeigfried, if we do have another McBacon Jam, would I be permitted to work with TungermanU? Technically he was on my team last time, but was absent throughout the entire thing.
Souuunds good, time to clear my schedule
Zeigfried_McBacon
author=oddRABBIT
Come on... McBacon Jam!

By the way, Zeigfried, if we do have another McBacon Jam, would I be permitted to work with TungermanU? Technically he was on my team last time, but was absent throughout the entire thing.

I checked and yeah, it should be fine since I only track and validate it based on teams within mcbacon jams, not in general, though people are encouraged to at least mix it up a bit. Basically, you're fine odd, but if you want to be more in the spirit of it, add someone else neither of you have worked with yet that would be willing to join in.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Liberty
Looking at the calendar, I forgot that we had something planned for this month though we could move it to August instead. It was basically a 3-week game making event where the heroes have to be either/or
- non-binary gender
- non-white
- non-straight

It was called "Step out of the Shadows" and is to encourage people to step out of their comfort zone and try their hand at creating games that represent more than the usual white/straight/default-gendered heroes that we

Something like this could be a mcbacon's theme. With an added twist. The point is that this is far more personal and teams are much better suited for dualities which the jam presents. I think site can handle two events in a shorter time period. I noticed that shorter ones with an adeqaute preparations are usually the most attended ones. Im totes interested in Shadows btw.

Edit: Ziggy, will there be a new pitching thread for participants? For posterity.
Zeigfried_McBacon
author=Cap_H
Edit: Ziggy, will there be a new pitching thread for participants? For posterity.

Yeah, It's probably for the best that I get a thread for it soon, after I consult some people on some things first though for good measure.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Pitching thread?
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
author=oddRABBIT
Pitching thread?

Like a batting thread, but throwing the ball not hitting it.

Lol, no, where you pitch ideas for the event.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I figure a "pitching thread" would be the place where you pitch yourself and what you can bring to the table. Maybe your preferences as to who you'd like to work with, and what engines you prefer as well.

*Edit: The character sheets that were made by Nivlacart whenever-it-was-ago might be interesting/cute to use. I think I had a copy of the template, but, I think I might have lost it.

*Edit2: Found it! Go figure, it wasn't where I thought it was!
author=Liberty
- non-binary gender
- non-white
- non-straight

It was called "Step out of the Shadows" and is to encourage people to step out of their comfort zone and try their hand at creating games that represent more than the usual white/straight/default-gendered heroes that we all see.

.. that is super kool!

Also, I am all for seeing more bacon jam. I won't, as always, participate~
Pages: first 12 next last