[RM2K] WEIRD PROBLEM WITH ONLY SOME MIDIS NOT PLAYING

Pages: 1
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
So I'm using Windows 7 and I open this midi in Windows Media Player... nothing plays. I open Rm2k and try and play it there, but still nothing. I open it in Quicktime Player and the midi works perfectly fine almost perfectly fine (there's this one instrument coming through that's jarring as hell).

How do I solve this problem? Is there some way for Rm2k to use the same driver setup that Quicktime Player uses? This only started being a problem for some of the midis that I was using for my game when I made the jump 7 from XP.
A lot of my midis stopped working properly when I switched from XP to Windows 7 as well. As you experienced, some programs could still play the midis mostly fine, while others played little to no sound at all. I was told once that you could restore the midis by using a program to update their sound font, but I never tried. Just resaving them without a manual update did not work.

EDIT: I might as well add that this is one of many reasons why midis suck. The sound a midi makes is dependent on the machine it is running on. In most cases the midi will simply sound different on different computers. But in some cases they may simply not be supported by the different computer and sound terrible or make no sound at all.
Pages: 1