POKEMON GO JOURNAL

Pages: 1
Happy
Devil's in the details
If you like to share your pokemon Go experiences, post them here!

Here's some of my experiences:

14th of July:

Strangers talked to: 9~
Pokémon caught: 30~ probably
Cool places found: many

Went out for the first time to only solely play Pókemon Go. Headed out to West, to a high hill top with a school building. I was amazed how cool looking place this was and thought if I ever got kids it'd be cool to have them go there. I didn't realize to take pics at this point yet.

There was also a guy sunbathing at the school yard and I felt slightly troubled to wander around him searching for Pokémon.

I was searching for Meowth at the school track field but gave up. Headed for a Weedle on a narrow side path behind the school and discovered some really cool steep old stone stairs. Didn't realize to take picture. Found a Parasect and a bomb shelter at the bottom of them.

Was wandering around a good while trying to locate a Psyduck on my tracking. Found a Staryou on a fountain where there was also one of the local gyms. I took good beating at the gym for still being unfamiliar with the mechanics. I also saw some chicks in the park enjoying the sun. Mostly Pidgeys.

Headed out home and found myself coming across a construction yard fence with a warning sign on it. Found out I was on the wrong side of it, in the construction area. I was there after a Koffing and didn't notice I had walked there. Climbed over and continued. Found Hypno near super market and young couple was also rejoicing that there was a Hypno nearby. I showed them the direction and asked if they had seen the Psyduck I had tried to locate. Battery died, went home.

Second journey same day: Went to a park behind the nearby hospital. GPS couldn't locate me. When it started working I finally found that Psyduck there, though.

So he jumped when I took the photo.

Ended to a really quiet neighborhood with very few pokémons. Discovered there were a few Eevees there, and a Nidoran ♂ near the side of the forest.

I think the Nidoran ♂ was somewhere around here.

Eevee in a quiet neighborhood.

Set my aims to Pokestop called "Artsy Trashcan" and a "Good Shepherd's Church" gym.

Kakuna from along the way.

Some pretty scenery from along the way.

GPS died when I got there. Set out to further Gym at playground way ahead.

Ran to three kids on bikes who asked if I was playing Go too. Chatted a bit about the game and one of them told he got over 500 Cp Scyther because he had a 10 km egg. Egg and "dick" share the same word in finnish, so after he spoke it out loud and we realized the subcontext we had a chuckle.

Was arriving to the playground. It was a cool atmosphere there.

Met this little guy also.

Battery died. Damn I need a new battery. I found myself at a familiar and melancholic area. It was the Ex-Zone. Headed home. Walked ½ hours without Go. :(

Last journey of the day. It was past 11 PM. Went towards South-East and came across several young guys wandering around the streets with their phones. When I stopped near a local gym belonging to team Mystic, which I am also part of, a guy who walked past me gave me a smug smile and nodded his head. I greeted him in response with a nod but couldn't keep my pokerface like he did.

Caught a pokémon near the gym and set my Raticate to guard there. A dad with his daughter greeted me and I was thinking they'd be commenting something about the game, when instead the father asked me to tell her daughter that man has visited the moon and he isn't lying to her about it. I answered "probably."

Went to a trail that was near to from where I walk to work and where I had seen Ghastly earlier. Ended to an open field and found a Magikarp in the trench.

This was better than the picture with Magikarp on it. D:

Tracking noted me of a nearby Golduck, but my GPS kept dying so I couldn't search properly.

Went to south to quieter neighborhood with very low activity until I tracked Squirtle and Gastly.

Wandered around searching for them around the houses and it was almost 12 am. I came to a dark and really steep downhill road covered entirely by tree canopy. It was surprisingly steep, really!

It was a surprisingly steep road! Picture may not convey it. But it was somehow cool moment still. D:

Squirtle and Gastly were there! As well as Rhyhorn! Felt like a really rewarding end for the day. Soon after, the battery died.

Gastly near the forest road in the finnish midnight.
Next up... buying a battery pack.
I guess I could give my journal. I only really had a taste of the game so far since I was using my mother's phone before she got hooked on it. XD

Started out in our house on Sunday. I remembered mum had a new phone so I asked her if she'd like to check it out and she was pretty reluctant. It was free, though, so I installed it and booted it up. Made an avatar to her liking and she settled on a Charmander since she's always been a big fan of that line (she used to collect the cards and once paid a hefty amount for a foil Charizard).

First pokemon we found was a Dodrio just sitting outside on the lawn. It was about 10pm, and we were still trying to figure out how it worked, not looking up any information about it (so we had pretty much no idea).

Figured out we have an Pokestop about 20 steps from the front door - it's supposed to be based on a huge windmill that is much farther down the road from us but apparently it's tied to the electric pole just outside our house. Convenient!

Just down the road from us, where the Pokestop is supposed to be, is a gym, so we're pretty much set in that aspect.

Back and forth to the electric pole every 5 minutes and I caught a few Rattata, some Doduo, a Zubat and an Omanyte! We also found a Nidoran (M) whilst taking a walk around the block, and some Pidgeys, Spearows and even a Fearow.

Then we packed it in for the night.

The next day my mum has shown my very-much-not-nerdy sister and her boyfriend the app, and they've both got it even though they've never been into Pokemon. He's collected a fair few around town (they're competing with each other, but sis is sad that she doesn't get out much since she recently had a baby and has to stay home a lot whilst he goes a lot of places for work - making it easier for him to catch different types).

My niece is now hooked on the game and I take her for a walk towards some leaves/bushes/whatever they are the show up on the map, hoping to nab some neat 'mons. Unfortunately, maybe it's a bug or something, but each time we got closer to the leaves they kept moving up another block, so we eventually gave it up. We did catch a few more Doduo, another Zubat and some more Rattata. Also another Spearow, a Meowth and Diglett (which my Mum accidentally traded in for candy gdi!).

Up til that point our Gym had been blue and relatively low levelled. Mum just managed to get to level 5 and decided to join the Gym - she rocks up and it's been taken over by a much stronger Red team. She keeps getting wrecked. XD

Today she was travelling to Melbourne (it's a 3+ hour drive away from here) and found a Scyther on the way, but because she wasn't the one driving and they were running late, she couldn't stop to get it (she did try a fly-by catch but it failed). She's been bemoaning it ever since. XD
Happy
Devil's in the details
15th of July Chapter I: Chasing a Wartortle in a Storm

It's raining today, meaning catching pokémon will be a bit more difficult with having to operate with one hand while other holding the umbrella. I'm starting my day with a trip to a shopping center in other part of the city to buy myself a reserve battery charger. Who knows maybe I'll find some cool new pokémon on my trip. Gotta get back fast for lunch, though.

I arrive to the shopping center and find a Rattata on the square. How typical, considering I've seen rats there during a night, before too. These mall Rattatas seem to be part of a tougher neighborhood, though. This guy escapes two pokéballs and flees.

I've purchased my battery and I'm about to leave, but my tracking spots a Wartortle nearby. How could I let opportunity like this pass? I can't. So I go outside and head to a smaller side mall. There's a lot of streets I'm having to cross and really heavy traffic, so the idea of wandering back and forth isn't too appealing. I'm really hoping to find the Wartortle on the side mall, but after wandering around the mall for a while I have to take shelter because at this point it's literally raining cats and dogs, but not Wartortles.

This Drowzee near my shelter didn't seem to mind the rain though.

I'm using the small outdoor mall pentice for shelter and find a Golbat on back corner of the mall. This guy's super tough, however, and I have to spend like over 15 pokéballs before I manage to catch him. While standing there for 5 minutes I also notice I am surrounded by people of other ethnicity than myself and I can hardly hear anyone speak my language. I realize the whole mall is full of shoppes and marts of other cultures and I'm probably the only white person around. This is interesting because in Finland this is particularly rare. I also feel a bit sad about the cultural differentiation.

Well, I pick a direction and go after the Wartortle which still appears 3 tracking points away. I think I walk for over 300 meters and the tracking just doesn't show any changes. I'm growing slightly frustrated given the traffic is heavy, I cross many streets and it's raining hard and the wind even manages to pull my umbrella fucking upside down once. I am just hoping the Wartortle will make it all worth the effort.

I find myself arriving the neighborhood where my friends lives at. Wartortle still on same spot on tracking. I head to the nearby forest, but the path takes to one direction only and after following it for a while I decide to turn back because it seems like an unlikely direction to get any further into.

This is where I find myself at after chasing after a Wartortle from an urban shopping center...

I call my friend asking if he's home in hopes of being able to go scavenge some food at his place and ask him to join me in the hunt. He's not home and tells me that rare catches only appear for a limited amount of time, so I make the call short and he wishes me luck. I am starving at this point. I've been fasting for over 16 hours and my lunch time is far past. I wander around a bit, but only finding I'm not getting any closer to the Wartortle. I decide I really need to get some food from the mart nearby, so I head in that direction and the Wartortle finally disappears, too.

Found him when I was buying myself food. These guys are everywhere in the malls and shopping centers.

In the end I had been chasing for the Wartortle over 30 minutes in heavy traffic and rain, starving, and finally defeated. Well played Wartortle! May you roam free!

After feeding myself I head home as my battery is starting to run low too. I catch a Gastly which is escaping the shopping center via a air ventilation tank and notice there's Squirtle and some other cool pokémons nearby, too, though my battery is about to die. I remember there's a library nearby and that some smaller libraries let you recharge your phone in them, even if you don't have your own charger. I find out they don't.

A Gastly escaping the shopping center through air ventilation.

On my way back home on bus I check out the reserve battery I bought and notice it's half full, so I plug my phone in and the catching can continue! This allowed me to engage with a Dragonair during the bus trip, wow! It got away though. :(

Back home. Got lots of basic catches plus a Golbat. Took also some good beating on all the gyms I came across with.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
So far all I've really done in Pokemon Go is keep the app open to click on things I pass while driving, and check outside my apartment once or twice a day. I found a couple gyms near me and the weakest pokemon there are 8x my level and they kicked my ass, so it seems like gyms are something only the top few percent of players will be able to participate in?

The AR camera doesn't work on my phone, because apparently my phone's gyroscope is broken. I don't know how or when this happened since I've never used it before. Doesn't actually matter to me, just means all my screenshots would be a little too boring to post here.

I really really REALLY wish that this "game" had, like, quests you could do with the pokemon at home after you caught them in the wild. There is nothing to actually do with them. You catch pokemon and then do nothing with them. Outside of the real-world interaction, the entire game has as much depth as Final Fantasy All The Bravest. It's a tap-to-win game.

I think I'm done with this game, as I've already experienced everything it has to offer. End journal.
No pictures for me, but I've had some fun times:

The night of July 11th,

It was a dark and stormy night.

Actually, it was. Early while out and about, I noticed a few Pokemon stops at a plaza near where I live. So in the middle of a severe thunderstorm, I drive over there and park my car, and use the stops and check out the gym. Lo and behold, two other people sitting in the empty lot, headlights on, playing the game. It was fun seeing people drive up and park near us, and when they'd leave, I'd see them drive over to the location of another nearby gym and park there for a while. It made me feel good to see that some people were playing the game in my town.

But on my way home, I got curious, and stopped at the park nearby, then pulled up my map. There it was. Seven pokemon centers in the park and a gym, and all of the pokemon centers were lured. If it wasn't about 10 at night, I would have gone in, but instead I took note and left for the night.

July 12th

Went to the park in the afternoon, and was shocked. The park was absolutely packed. I talked to some people and made some friends. Had some fun, light trash talking with some of them who were with Team Mystic. I, of course, was repping the greatest team there is: Valor. Regardless, we had fun telling stories and talking about the gym nearby. Everyone left when some Instinct fella' captured the gym with some level 1100+ Vaporeon. Fun times.

July 13th

Went back to the gym. Talked to a couple more people, then walked around. I got some good exercise in. In five minutes, I can walk a lap in the park, which allows me to hit all seven stops in one go. This has been great exercise. I start doing some laps, and next thing you know I've been walking for a good hour and a half.

Suddenly, heat exhaustion. Yes, 94 degree weather with 67% humidity can be bad if you're not properly hydrated. Thankfully, I didn't pass out. I got in my car, made it home (a couple minutes away), and proceeded to drink more water, use ice packs, etc. About an hour, and it passed. Made the mistake of taking the heat too lightly. That won't happen again.

July 14th

Back to the park later in the evening before it closed, to avoid the heat of the sun. Didn't really talk with anyone. I was enjoying the walk. Bunch of people out. Lots of families. Did a few more laps, got a bunch of items, and caught a couple rare Pokemon (my park is a goldmine for Onyx), and then went home.

Noticed after returning home, and getting a drink of water, that my hands were shaking and I couldn't stop sweating. Started suffering from de-realization and dizziness. An anxiety attack was about to occur, straight out of the blue. That really sucked. Took some Ativan, distracted myself for a good thirty minutes, and eventually it passed.

I think it's the large group of people that got to me. I have General Anxiety, not Social, but still it affected me, even though I'm a public speaker and love meeting and talking to others. I think it just built up over time.

Today

Taking a break from the park, but going to walk around my neighborhood. I think I'll start heading to the park early morning's instead of evenings. Should be less people.
Happy
Devil's in the details
15th of July Chapter II: Lured into the Woods

I wake up from a nap, it's around 7 PM and it has been raining all day. I feel energized for the next adventure and it has cleared outside too, so it's time to Go!

I check out the nearby motor road for any sightings, but the area near to my house seems pretty poor for catching anything. I head out to a nearby church to try and win my first gym battle. There's pretty tough Pokémons, but which I manage barely to beat on my second try. I think I was facing a Hypno with my own Hypno, and winning because I had a ghost type special which was super effective while everything else was ineffective to both sides.

First gym victory at the local church! Not much to hooray about the architecture though.

After having won my first gym battle I plan my route to start again from the school I was at yesterday.

Somewhat old school with a cool atmosphere. It needs a sunny day photo too.

I spot Charmander footprints as I get closer to the hilltop where the school resides. I spot a group of young kids running around the school yard. I ask them about the Charmander and they all say they're also tracking it, and that it usually appears on the upper school yard. I can't see it nearby, so I walk around the school and go down the same stairs as before.

Here's picture of the stairs I mentioned before

And there it is! I'm super excited as Charmander is one of my all time favorites, yet still missing from my collection.

A wild Charmander jumps from the bushes!

But damn, he's breaking out of all of my pokéballs and then flees! I was devastated. I walk around the school trying to find it again. I did feed it some berries which would make the second time trying to catch it easier, but I can't find him anymore.

Instead I notice there's a Jynx somewhere nearby and I decide to set after it. I arrive to a field which I often pass while jogging.

I find myself heading to the nearby forest. Jynx still appears relatively close on my tracking - just a bit deeper into the forest. I notice it's pretty dark and quiet in the forest after the rain. I look at Jynx's silhouette and wonder what type of pokémon is it supposed to be. Could it be a witch? Now I feel uncomfortable of being lured deeper and deeper into the woods by the Jynx. I can't really see any pokémon nearby. They all appear rather far away. Beedrill somewhere there too.

A Jynx is somewhere there waiting for me.

I just decide to follow the road and take pictures. I see a small stream near the road and as I descend to the bank to take pictures my foot slips a bit and in the process I manage to throw my phone in the air, though I barely manage to catch it before it falls into the water.

Yeah, almost ruined my phone while getting this photo.

Been after the Jynx for a while now.

I'm in the middle of the forest now. I've opened some incenses to attract wild pokémons because the forest path is full of spawn points with falling leaves. I've started to lose hope of finding the Jynx or Beedrill, but my tracking has spotted Dragonair and suddenly a Slowpoke appears behind my back.

You can't deny this is a bit creepy.

When I try to catch it the game crashes though and when I reconnect it has already disappeared and my tracker shows entirely new set of pokémons which mostly all are the basic bird types. I'm pretty frustrated at this point and I try to find a route leading out of the forest. I catch an Eevee on the way, and come to gym in the middle of the forest.

I could take endless Eevee photos. They're so cute. :3

This is a gym in that forest. Really. This.

The pokémon here appear relatively weak and I spend a while there conquering the gym to myself. Meanwhile my incense attracts a wild Fearow as well as bunch of mosquitoes that appear to be about the same size as the Fearow. I have however conquered my second gym! Yay!

As I'm finding my way back I run out of battery again, but this time I have my reserve charger! I plug it in and I'm good to go again. I also find a Ponyta, one of many which I later discover to have heavily occupied the forest.

Is it just me, or does this Ponyta seem small?

I try to take some shortcuts to get back to the civilization as fast as possible, as the pokémons are a bit easier to find there when you don't have to follow specific roads for so long distances as in a forest. I follow a road that's supposed to take me back fast, but I find it ends to 20 feet drop down. I guess you could climb down the rock, but with all the vegetation and it having just rained... it didn't seem that appealing.

The road just ended suddenly on a cliff after this point.

As I turn around this guy's behind me.

He looks pretty surprised. Or high.

I come to a road which isn't on the map. It's really dark one too, and one I often avoid when I run in the forest.

In reality it was somewhat darker than it appears in the photo.

It felt a bit unpleasant route to take, but at the end of it I was greeted by a pretty scenery with a forest stream.

I like taking pictures in the forest.

It's just so harmonious.

I decide to go to the graveyard nearby as it seems there's quite several pokéstops there for some reason. I find out most of these are on the graves and that there aren't many pokémons in the graveyard, which is probably only for the best considering the purpose of the place. I wouldn't be super happy to visit a grave just to see bunch of people wandering around there catching pokémon and checking in for pokéstops.

The Sitting Angel. One of the pokéstops in the graveyard.

The graveyard is a pretty area though, and especially so in the winter. The atmosphere now after rain is extra serene as well and there's some hints of light mist crawling over the fields.

There's a lot of these trees in the area I live in. I really like them.

Mostly because of the canopies.

More trees.

I'm almost ready to head home, but I'm pretty close to my favorite chilling out area, so I decide to extend my journey and I head out a bit further away once again. I arrive to the local exercise park and the entrance area of the central park of my city. The central park covers many square kilometers of forest and forest trails which lead all the way from where I live to near the to downtown area.

Entering the exercise area.

Something about track fields attracts me in particular. They have some special nostalgia connection for me and spending time near them entices me. For some reason they have a very special atmosphere to me and they're my favorite chilling spots.

This is the shit. Something about them is magical to me. Not the fact it has just rained though.

I'm about to head out to gym nearby, but it's around 10 PM and the peak hour when the servers barely work at all. I can't get the game work for good 15 minutes and decide to head back home. It eases out pretty soon though, as usual, and I am online again.

I found a mirror. Lone pokémon trainer in the night.

As I'm heading back home I come across with this sick gym that has Aerodactyl and Omastar both over 700 CP, plus some third pokémon I don't remember. I dream that someday I'll manage to beat this gym, too.

This is the most epic gym around my part of the city. At least of those I have discovered out so far.

I find an Eevee nearby which is the last one I need for evolution. I thought I could choose which evolution I get, but it seems to be random I guess. I get a Vaporeon, though I would have preferred Jolteon which I would've needed for my current setup. Vaporeon's pretty though, and the street lamps are turning on and it's a pretty scenery. All is good.

These lights are pretty at summer, but suck at winter.

I'm pretty close to home and I'm heading to the local mart to buy groceries before it closes and I notice a Charmander on my tracking again. I notice the school is nearby and I'm thinking it must be the Charmander which spawns on the school grounds as told by the kids. I buy myself candy and head out to the school again.

I wander around the school yard, but instead I finally find this escapee on the road behind it. I manage to capture the Charmander on my first throw! Yes! I make my victory pose! This should conclude the day!

Found you!

I got my Charmander and I have candy! Man, this must be my best summer. I'm finding myself a bit worn out after having spent 4 hours chasing pokémon in one session, plus the session earlier on the same day, plus the whole previous day. It's still some way before I'm at home and what's this?...

Looks like another gym!

Man, these pokémons are so low level too and the highest level one is Magmar. My new Vaporeon is higher so I can't resist it, I must go conquer it. I beat the gym easily and find this Pincer near the gym yard. Perfect! Too bad my Vaporeon's slightly wounded which prevents me from leaving it to guard the gym, plus I've run out of potions. I'll let the Golbat I caught earlier the same day do it instead and soon after I finally arrive home.

Final catch of the day!

By rough estimate I probably got 40+ pokémons and around 15 km in travel distance.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
I went to my favorite seafood restaurant today and I caught a Krabby in the parking lot.

I am going out of town for the weekend so I hope to find some decent mons, since they seem to be all but extinct around here!
Happy
Devil's in the details
16th of July:

Wow, look at the weather! It's perfect for spending the whole day outside hunting pokémon! As soon as I enthusiastically step outside I find out I cannot get into the game. The game has been released in 26 new countries. Simultaneously. The servers are down for the next 5 hours.

It's evening and time to try again. Server status websites warn of unstable servers, but I was able to get in at least, so I'll give it a go. I check nearby hot spawn spots for rares, but finding nothing of interest.

I head out south to explore some new areas and end to a really quiet and pokémon-wise dead neighborhood. There seems to be a gym in the middle of it and the only way to get there is to circle around the entire area.

A playground from the neighborhood.

When I arrive to the gym I think it has to be the cutest gym I've come across. The server issues prevent me from battling at the gym, though, and after spending 15 minutes trying to log into game I decide to start heading back.

The cutest gym so far.

When I'm close to my hoods again I conquer the fountain gym close to where I live and set my Vaporeon on guard. That's only fitting for water gym, right? The area is generally pretty heavily contested between team Valor and Mystic, but I'd love to be able to hold onto the Fountain Gym.

The Fountain Gym which I now hold, though the fountain isn't active in the evening. :(

Also one of the only places to catch water types nearby.

Generally the evening's pretty uninteresting and the server is very unstable. I find the Jynx which I was chasing earlier at the forest, near the local mart, though. Either she's stocking up, or luring more unsuspecting victims to the forest.

Caught in the act.

I decide to head to north to a large hilltop, which is sort of a landmark, by taking a really long route near the edge of the forest. I come across with very few pokémon though, if any, and after walking for a good while I'm getting suspicious if it's a dysfunction caused by the servers.

Just this stream circulating around the area. It's nice to jog by.

I find a low level gym on a remote neighborhood, on area which seems to be someone's yard probably.

A pagan cow. The actual gym icon.

My high level Hypno seems like something that won't be easily beaten here, so I leave it on guard and that makes it the second gym conquered this session! I wonder how it feels to have a gym on your yard with someone's else high level pokémon guarding it.

I give up on going to the hilltop because I've hardly come across with any Poké Stops, Gyms or even Pokémons in this direction. It's getting late and I head back home. On the way back I encounter a Nidoran ♀ and holy shit, is that a Porygon?! Suddenly the whole trip seems worth it! But game crashes on my attempts to catch either of them and they both get away. Feeling pretty salty.

Night dweller #1. Escaped during server crash.

Night dweller #2. Escaped during a crash as well! Come on now.

In the end I managed to hatch a few eggs at least and gave some drunk guy directions to the local pub, but I still felt it was pretty unproductive journey. Later at night I discover my pokémons are still holding the gyms though, and that other members of team Mystic have joined to guard them, so I at least get some comfort in that. I do hope they manage to improve the server and game stability soon though.
Happy
Devil's in the details
17th of July: Satan in the church & stalker in the playground

It's Sunday and I am to attend the christening of my new nephew. This means a possibility of scouting new region out for some pokémons. I spend some quality time with my friends and family at the church, though I am not christian myself. It appears the church in question is also a gym held by team Mystic.

This church must be the ugliest gym by so far.

I set my Vaporeon to help defend the church, though my friend soon conquers it for his glue-eating Yellow team and sets his Magmar named Satan to rule over it. Someone from team Valor appears soon to conquer the gym and at this point I have no time or resources to take it for Mystic. I just decide to sign in the church guest book that the gym really belongs to team Mystic for now and forever.

The church was alright from the inside, but still way too modern to my liking.

After the ceremony my family heads elsewhere to spend time together while I decide to stay behind and check what pokemóns the area has to offer. I head out to the beach nearby because my own neighborhood doesn't offer many water pokémons. I find a gym at the beach, but no pokémons at all. The servers too are starting to act up again and hinder the process.

Even though the area is quite beautiful and offers many services and possibilities for various outdoor sports and hobbies it seems to be lacking in the amount of Poké Stops. A day before I had read about the possibility of suggesting new Poké Stops and gyms via a form at Niantic's site, so I take some photos and coordinates on some appropriate landmarks and locations.

An actual gym hall which I suggested as a place for Gym or Poké Stop to Niantic.

Populus alba. Doesn't naturally grow in Finland. Another suggestion for a Stop.

I find out I didn't recharge either my phone or reserve charger properly and as I am running out of battery I let my family know it's alright to pick me up when they're driving by again.

I head out to local mall to stock up at the Poké Mart.

It seems the mall isn't as clean as it could be.

Umm... Oddish, I think that isn't a safe place for you.

There is also this local landmark called the Elf Pine which I suggest as a Stop or a gym. Later upon doing some research I discover it's super duper old and before there was a mall built around it there was an estate there and the tree was the place for sacrificial rites. Now it's just sitting in the middle of the sunny mall.

The servers are mostly down for the rest of the day, but occasionally working for short periods of time. I get false alarmed for a couple of times and head to the nearby park, but finding the game stopping working soon. As a result I am standing in the middle of the park trying to get it work for twenty minutes. There's a pool for small kids and a playground right next to me and I'm thinking I might be looking just a bit suspicious. Later I've come to notice the spot is super popular among Pokémon Go trainers and that there's lures often, so I should be fine.

Just a Growlithe at this local park.

The servers start to show some signs of life later around 12 am and I can finally head out to hunt properly again. Though the distance tracking to the nearest pokémon is still not working, so tracking something down properly is really difficult. I try to hunt down a Jigglypuff which is singing its sweet lullabies to the neighborhood somewhere in the dark alleys. I chase after it in the dark for a good twenty minutes with no results.

Someone has set a a lure to the hilltop school, so I go check it out. There's this hooded dude on the school yard and I greet him from distance: "Nice hour for a lure!" He doesn't respond and it's actually 2 am at this point, so I just settle to taking the advantage of the opportunity from a bit further away. I also confirm that Charmander is farmable from the road behind the school.

At home I discover Niantic isn't actually taking in suggestions for new Pokéstops and Gyms at the time unlike I was led to believe, but I'm hoping it changes at some point when they're less occupied with stabilizing the servers and getting the game out everywhere, because I've come across with many areas lacking Stops, even when they have had many potential locations for them.

All in all it wasn't a very good day for the game.
Did you wander somewhere you shouldn't have on July 20th and die? haha

Reading this is cool and depressing. I live in the ruralist of rural areas. My town is a single road with about 10 pokemon spawn points and 1 pokestop. Next pokestop is 5 minutes of driving away. And then I have to drive at least 15 minutes in any direction to find more pokestops/gyms.
Pages: 1