GRAIN - A GAME WHICH NEEDS YOUR HELP

Pages: first 12 next last
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
You should really make a gamepage by going to the Submissions tab at the top and clicking Submit Game!
Well I did it, it has been denied, due to reasons I don't really understand and I'm looking more for help in the job board and not offer a demo or something
Kloe
author=MattMats
Well I did it, it has been denied, due to reasons I don't really understand and I'm looking more for help in the job board and not offer a demo or something

If it was denied, Libby probably left some advice, if you aren't sure what to do with the advice, ask, don't create a thread instead!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Out of curiosity, have you tried to contact Liberty yet to clarify the reason your game was denied? Also, it's only been, what, three days since your latest post in this thread?

I dunno, I just find this thread to be in poor taste, and lacks consideration for the site staff.
I asked for advice, and IF told me that it would be ok when I would start a topic to ask for help.
That's all I want, I don't want to present Grain.
author=Marrend
Out of curiosity, have you tried to contact Liberty yet to clarify the reason your game was denied? Also, it's only been, what, three days since your latest post in this thread?

I dunno, I just find this thread to be in poor taste, and lacks consideration for the site staff.

Ok, I'll try to explain it.
I wanted to use this section to ask for help, not to present my game.
I found it confusing that I shall submit my game, when I don't have a demo or anything else to offer.
Kloe
Still, you are meant to contact Libby, a gamepage is what you need for feedback, I'm not sure this is allowed Mattmatt.
But I'm not asking for feedback, but for somebody to help us.
Marrend
You absolutely asked for advise about submitting your game. That was in the other thread. You were told, among other things, that if you wanted a clarification as to the reasoning behind your game's denial, that you should contact Liberty.

I don't know what InfectionFiles told you via PM, but, I was under the impression that he was helping you with your game description. If you re-submitted with the suggested fixes, and the game page is still flagged as "denied", and you have not received a new notice regarding why it was denied, it seems to me that the situation might be: your game has returned to the bottom (back?) of the queue, and will be looked at when it comes up again.

Probably?

*Edit: There is also this thread, which outlines what one can do if one's game submission is denied.
I know why it has been denied, that's not the problem.
It says that "Description needs a bit of work when it comes to grammar, and usually I'd recommend pasting it into a thread so that people can help you fix it (if you needed help doing so) but it's a lot harder using images. Honestly, I recommend dumping the imagery since it doesn't fit on the page and thus wouldn't work well with different resolutions, making it all but impossible to read for some potential players. Instead, just write out the descriptions. "

But the images are just the whole thing about it, so writing just the text out, and throwing the images away would be a bit... senseless work.
And yes, I asked for advice for the submission, but after it has been denied due these reasons, and due the fact I'm looking for help, not
for
feedback,
I decided to post it in the jobboard section,
which is there to help each other, just what I'm looking for.
Marrend
In that case, my recommendation is to post your description (which happens to be part of an image) in the description thread that was, probably, linked to in that denial notice. Or, I can just re-link it. Anyway, consider what suggestions come from there even if it's only me talking.

If you insist on using an image as your description, I have two suggestions. One is to make a text-description anyway, and create a link at the very beginning (or very end) to the image-description. Alternatively, setup the image-description as a media object. Off-hand, I'm not sure where "Behind-the-box art" would fall as a media category.

*Edit: I'm 90% sure that setting up a media object is not possible until a gamepage is accepted. Please keep this in mind.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Just throw them away .
You can make separate pages for them.
Marrend
I'm in the midst of writing a post in the description thread for you, Matt. I'll link it in this post when I'm done!

*Edit: My initial game-description suggestion lies here.
This is a lot of responsibility you've thrust onto my shoulders
Ok, I'll delete this topic here, or beg somebody to delete it and start a new one, with nothing, just "HELP ME!" and when somebody wants more information, we need to write 100 pm.
Thank you very much for your effort Marrend I really appreciate it, but this is really...strange.
I'm very sorry when I sound a bit angry, 'cause I'm not, I just don't understand a word neither of what you say about this all, nor what's the problem with the images, but I accept it.

Thank you very much for your time,

MM
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Sorry guys, this is my fault too. After trying to help him it came up that he's looking for help with the game as a whole and not just a description.
I told him he could make a job board topic and make sure he gives a lot of information.
But there's a language barrier, so I felt I couldn't help him much more than trying to give him tips.

He's not trying to bypass anything, but he is looking for help and not sure how well that will go over.

Sorry, Matt! Best of luck and just keep at it and trying. The best thing to do will probably be to write out your story and not use the image. You can always use it but having the text as well will help! :)
Marrend
I think the bottom line in regards to an image-description boils down to the need to have at least 500 characters in the description. How you handled it was to put in links to a bunch of external images, because the images say what you want to say. Maybe better than if you tried to do it with just words. Plus, if I read your frame of mind correctly, there was, literally, no other way to reach that 500-character threshold other than to spam the page with links.

The potential problem I'm seeing with this approach is that nobody's going to open those links. The information should be there, on the gamepage, itself. However, as you surmise, attempting to have the images load as images could mean that, for some potential players, the gamepage would take some time to load.

Thus, my suggestion of doing the description as text, and to set up your images as media, stands. As for the suggestion I made in regards to the text of your description, I'm sorry if you were confused by it. Which point were you most confused by?
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Maybe try to rewrite stuff from pictures, add some small pictures for characters and you certainly have an image for background. Add that via your locker and css. With css you can play around with colors and font of the page too and make it look almost identical to your pictures (and easier on data)
No problem, IF, thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.
I was just confused, because I used the images in other communities too, and there has been no problem with this.
The images were the whole sense behind the description, 'cause they show the style and the art of the game, and many people told me they liked it, because they could instantly see, that it is not a common game with common art and a common presentation, they know it is something, they can look forward to.
This was the idea behind the images, I'm very sorry if I acted pretentious.
Pages: first 12 next last