GRAIN - A GAME WHICH NEEDS YOUR HELP

Pages: first prev 12 last
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I feel if the images have the word count some exceptions can be made. Though I dont want to set any precedence.
I actually like Matt's idea and the artistic sense of it.

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I kinda doubt the rule about needing at least 500 characters is going to change. I could be proven wrong.

However, as the rules stand, in Matt's case, if he insists on using an image that contains the game's description, at least have that image posted as an image. The rest of the info/images can be presented as external links, maybe to be replaced to links to media pages later on?

I dunno. My head's starting to hurt.
So it is okay when I use the images shown here and write a text with 500 characters additionally?
InfectionFiles
That should be fine, Matt! Just make the 500 word count useful information.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
It should be.
InfectionFiles
I never realized that images in lieu of text was such a frowned upon thing.

I think if the description and background is there it shouldn't be a problem. but I get the extra hassle for Liberty or whoever is responsible at the time.
Okay, I'm here now after trying (and failing, mostly) to sleep off last night's headache. >.<

The issues weren't the images but that the writing in the images had a lot of errors in them. That and the images themselves were much bigger than the natural resolution of the site meaning that people would have to scroll each of them across in order to even see what the game was about.

There are plenty of games on the site that use images and frankly, that's fine, but the writing needs to have no errors when it comes to spelling/grammar/punctuation/etc.

I recommended removing them altogether because we do have people looking at the site on non-natural resolutions (like checking out stuff on mobiles, for example) meaning they wouldn't be able to read the description at all, even if it was well written. If you resize them to fit the page so they don't need to be scrolled to see half the image, that'd be fine (as long as you fix the writing issues).

It's just a lot easier for you to scrap them and write a description that will adhere to the natural word wrap of the site no matter what resolution it is written in.

That said, use images or don't just make sure they fit the normal resolution (don't require a ton of scrolling just to read them) and that what is written on them is actually technically sound when it comes to writing.

Next time you have an issue with a pending game or something like that, PM me. All of this could have been avoided if you'd just asked.
Ok, I'll correct the mistakes in the images.
Is there somebody who can help me with this?
I have still some problems with idioms and such^^
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I can help you if you want.

Send me a pm if you like.
Thank you very much for your help :)
Ok I created a new topic, so this can get deleted now
Pages: first prev 12 last