[GAME OVER] CHEESECAKE MAFIA

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
What do you want, IF? He's not defending himself, he's not even really posting, and there's really nothing except our intuition, which is always wrong in this game, to tell us that Marrend is being framed. Him not defending himself makes no more sense than anything else that's happened.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
What do you want, IF? He's not defending himself, he's not even really posting, and there's really nothing except our intuition, which is always wrong in this game, to tell us that Marrend is being framed. Him not defending himself makes no more sense than anything else that's happened.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I would say Ratty is a better target if we are actually going with the PM nonsense.

and again, I'm not trying to defend Marrend. I'm trying to defend common sense here because we are falling for the exact thing mafia wants us to do.

I feel that scum is pushing this Marrend thing using the "oh it's so silly to think that someone else used the gourdy face line when it's obviously just Marrend slipping" I'm sorry, but if he was mafia or any of his team let that slip then they are stupid.
especially when psy has done the exact same thing!!! isn't that obvious?
InfectionFiles
the sad part is I think (like always apparently) townie is comprised of mostly the dead/silent people. Mafia are going to be active.
we have little voice, at least not as much as we should and this always happens. all 3 scum are here and pushing their agenda.

it's ridiculous
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=pianotm
Sooz
Damn, dude, you on my tits, on my ass... I got a rat bikini goin on in here.
Damn!

^///^
InfectionFiles
author=pianotm

We both know mafia just wouldn't go quietly lol

I can't believe you're buying into this honestly

we should be looking at who's talking not who's inactive as fuck, the latter has only ever given us a townie kill. when was the last time we all lynched the quiet guy and he turned up mafia? I decided like in pandemic that I wasn't going to fault people for not talking because it's a dumb reason to suspect something.

y'all are jumping on Marrend for something that scum sent us and set up and reinforce by saying he's not defending himself now. maybe he's not here. either way I sincerely doubt he's scum. the frame job is so more likely than someone fuckinh up that bad. ratty is more suspicious because how he jumped on odd's PM like he's a genius and then turns around and says "well not really, I was just thinking of our convo" ignoring the fact that he jumped on YM as target even though psy is also active in slack. psy, who by the way, has done scum PM manipulation successfully.
but okay, let's just focus on Marrend instead. BECAUSE THAT'S WAY MORE LIKELY
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
yes they would go quietly

i've just completely bounced out of mafia games on another forum when I feel like I've been pinned.

I recall finding lurking scum here plenty of times.
InfectionFiles
I guess they do then, I just haven't seen it the past few games which is mostly the exact same people.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I'm gonna fault people for not talking because if town doesn't talk, mafia doesn't get found.

Like, I think I'm pretty good proof that you don't have to go aggro and point fingers at everyone: just look for inconsistencies, or different strategies, or ask questions and request clarification. Heck, just make a list of people and give your impressions, and then respond if anyone addresses you.
InfectionFiles
You can fault them, but to lynch quiet town isn't a good idea.
Fact is, even if he is town he's not helping the rest of us out. It's not just three people talking here, meaning that it's not just mafia yakking it up, but a townie who doesn't talk and share isn't helpful at all.

That said, it makes more sense for this to be a frame-up than not, but he should at least be trying to argue his innocence here or pointing fingers at other people or doing anything besides being silent because that isn't helping at all if he is town.

At least if he was putting up a defence we'd know that he's invested in the game.
Ratty524
author=InfectionFiles

I kind of get where you are coming from, because it's such a huge risk, but what isn't a huge risk in Mafia, honestly?
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=InfectionFiles

You can't really assume anyone here is town, except Libby. There's no way to determine quiet town vs quiet mafia, and "lay low and hope nobody notices" is (I understand- I don't remember if I've encountered it) a common strategy.

It does not benefit town to stay silent. It does benefit mafia.
Sooz
PS Piano quit bitin my steez

You could at least have put a bikini on Parasitis.
author=Liberty
Fact is, even if he is town he's not helping the rest of us out. It's not just three people talking here, meaning that it's not just mafia yakking it up, but a townie who doesn't talk and share isn't helpful at all.

At least if he was putting up a defence we'd know that he's invested in the game.

I'm kind of out of it right now but my understanding is just that Marrend is not at all invested in the game, town or scum. Go look at what happened with Tunger last game. In the previous games Marrend was in was he active at all? Or just sort of there? I've yet to see lurky mafia on rmn - closest was blob and he was obvious from a mile away based on voting patterns.

I am also very dubious of voting based solely on a message which is 1) from scum 2) implicates marrend and 3) has no obvious other purpose

I'm not unhappy with a marrend vote per se I stand by my ratty vote, and I think you should all seriously consider if you're going to lynch a lurker vs someone who's been actively spreading garbage all day. Liberty if you're looking for names for that list to get to Frogge I'd refer you to my previous post.

also these deceit-like mechanics are very aggravating to be on the other side of, even if marrend's scum there's a 1/3 chance we'll never know it
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
There's always the chance Married is genuinely not able to post, like Xoe, in which case he'll probs be modkilled anyway, right?
InfectionFiles
#cancel

#lynch Ratty524

yeah, fuck it. you don't lynch unhelpful town. whether they are useless or quiet.

we have allll this weird behavior from active people and yet y'all wanna hunt the quiet man starring John Wayne
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I agree with you guys, that it's kind of silly to suspect Marrend for his inactivity. I'm more convinced that Gourd is scum. I have no real evidence, that he can be the one behind messages and that it's likely scum sent one message to itself. He writes shorter posts than in the last game too.
@Odd, to be honest i don't see folks around to CAPITALIZE a lot. They all seem to prefer writing bold.
author=Gourd_Clae
Goud-face
Gourdy-face
Gourdy-faaaaace

In order exactly as the word appeared.

If this the whole message Gourd got and your (Odd's) message is still very vague to us, it can be, that you didn't received any. Instead the second message is the one to cave. I can't see Kloe sending him, that his appearance was changed.
Guys, I'm so sure that one of you two is scum.
Marrend to me is more suspicious of his lynch of Blob. It was kinda out of nowhere, arguing that Blob is scum cuz time. It may be a typical Marrend fashion again.

But my vote is going elsewhere for now. I still got this feeling about Ratty being too active, changing his votes often and his push on Sooz, which I think is his third accomplice. I though he was a bored vanilla at first, but now i'm positive about him being scum.
I'm still not 100% sure about Piano as he would make a perfect fit for scum. Again, he's vote is a turning point after which everyone is starting lynching Marrend.

#Lynch Ratty
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I was writing this post like forever.
Ratty524
What makes you think I may be Sooz's accomplice, Cap_H?