ABOUT MCBACON JAM 3

Pages: first 12345 next last
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
A lil late, but here it is everyone; the McBacon Jam 3 thread.

Heres the rundown of the basics

A) 1 month duration (August first to September 1st.
B) extensions are extremely unlikely
C) A theme has been more or less decided
D) As usual you cant use the same team setups you've had in previous McBacon Jams, and you're highly encouraged to be a part of team setups that you haven't been a part of before.
E) A sister event to this one is quite likely to happen (details will be revealed as things are discussed and setup).

As always, feel free to ask questions and comment on things.
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Yay! Well, I'm ready for it! I can't wait to team up and gammak! Also ooooh, I wonder what the theme is! Also okay, so August to September, cool, that's my summer holidays basically! :D

(P.s Ziggy is making the event page)
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
YEAHHHHHHHHH! Our team ended up not making anything last jam, but I hope we'll be able to finish something this time around :D
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I take it we can use this thread to make teams?
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
author=Marrend
I take it we can use this thread to make teams?

By all means!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
So, who wants to team up?

Edit: i don't know grammar and can't code.
Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
So how do we actually team up? (<- Newbie here)
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
author=KatanaHiroshi
So how do we actually team up? (<- Newbie here)

You say "Hey Kloe, I wanna team up with you" And they'll go "Oh yeah, I'd love to team up with you Katana!" and then yay! :D

The actual answer is when the event page is up, there are buttons for it!
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO TEAM UP FOR COOL REFMAP RPG

AND YES IT HAS TO BE REFMAP

ONLY JOIN IF YOU ARE WILLING TO DO ALL THE WORK FOR ME!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Frogge
LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO TEAM UP FOR COOL REFMAP RPG

AND YES IT HAS TO BE REFMAP

ONLY JOIN IF YOU ARE WILLING TO DO ALL THE WORK FOR ME!

Can i say whether the game is good or bad or ugly?
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I'd like to offer myself to anybody who wants to do the gm tango (be gentle~ ♥).

I can do music. Here's a playlist of some choice tracks. Though i can do other genres like electronic, space and 8-bit chiptunes as well.

Other than music i can contribute with design&illustration and sprite work (though considering there's only one month, my output for complex pixel work won't be speedy enough for doing lots of it).

Last time was very fun and i would very much love to do this again.
Marrend
I don't consider myself an artist by any means. However, I did whip up...

...this?
I'm not certain if I'd be down to work in another McBacon Jam honestly. The last one wasn't that interesting for me, honestly.

If anyone wants to team up with me and have me as an artist feel free to ask though. I could probably be swayed if there was some interesting potential for a neat game.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I'm here! I'm here! I'm free for a team!
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Marrend, I feel very flattered that you'd like to work with me. Unfortunately, there is absolutely no way I'll be able to participate. This August is probably going to be one of the busiest months of this entire year for me, and I simply won't have enough time to dedicate to a team effort.

Still, good luck to everybody who does join the jam! I hope you enjoy the experience and create something awesome!
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
I'm willing to be in a team, despite my uselessness.

Marrend
Fair enough, NeverSilent. Maybe next time.
ESBY
extreme disappointment
on the provisional, i'm available to do the maps thing
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I want to make a game about talking arm with 1-bit graphics and 1-bit sound. Probably a platformer with turn based fight and lots of grabbing. Anyone wants to join?

To be honest, I'm up to anything. I probably should team up with other less experienced devs, so i have something to offer.
I would love to work with Marrend, his entries for previous jams were bludgeons of inspiration and original games with neat mechanics. Even more so, I would love to see his colab with unity and join him next time to make an ultimate Might and Magic fangame. I don't up to par for that yet.

@Frogge, do you mean 2k3 Refmap? What mapping madness is your intention?

I wanted to write more but...
Marrend
author=Cap_H
Even more so, I would love to see (Marrend's) colab with unity and join him next time to make an ultimate Might and Magic fangame.

I think working with unity would be interesting, and you've piqued my interest in respect to a Might and Magic fan-game. If both you and Kloe (she PMed me a bit earlier) are okay with that, I'm game. Our team might be magic! T-team name!?

Might be getting too far ahead of myself, though.
Pages: first 12345 next last