MAFIA GUIDE; HOSTING, SUGGESTIONS, AND DISCUSSION

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Judging by how it's gone before, it'll go strong for about half a year, and then disappear again for another half year.

It's the circle of life.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I guess small games like this aren't that stressful as bigger games. They're over relatively fast and we're still somehow bad at reading each other.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
You know, ironically, I think the reason people don't know about this thread is that it's pinned. Maybe we should change the site's code so pinned threads appear both normally and at the top of the page?
The formatting has never bothered me but it's possible. The only reason I haven't used the thread is because I haven't hosted my own game, but I am considering the idea at some point. When I do I'm going to attempt some creative roles too. I already have an idea for one, and working on an idea for some others.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Jeroen, are you gonna run your game or did you change your mind?
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I'm ready to hunt down some wolves too.
Jeroen_Sol
This week was pretty rough for me, but it's almost weekend now, so time to do this. Will make a thread tonight.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I guess I'm ready to host now. I would go for a very basic setup and no flips.
Jeroen_Sol
Basic setup and no flips?

That sounds... self-contradictory...
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I'm taking both back. I'll try to come up with something like Cult C9 for the amount of players I manage to lurk.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I hosted a game elsewhere in January and I'm rather burnt out on mafia overall. I'll join your game, tho.
Jeroen_Sol
It's been a while. Anyone up for some mafia?

I feel like playing more than hosting right now, but am willing to host if nobody else wants to.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
I'm certainly up for a game or six, if I can get proper free time.

I also have a game I might want to try hosting, but I'd love to play right now.
Jeroen_Sol
Thinking about it some more, messing with interesting setups and simulating and balancing them is my favourite thing about mafia, so I do feel like hosting more than playing.

Odd, if you join, I have one demand. You will play like you did in the precinct mafia interrogation chats, and not like the precinct mafia main thread. No calling yourself useless. You've shown yourself to be competent scum, so now you're going to play the game with confidence.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
I can try? I can't say that was anything more than a stroke of luck. I'll refrain from calling myself useless, though.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I'm interested in joining another mafia game. So I'll join if you set up a game. And will get lynched again for not being a good player xD
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I might set up something basic (9er with few roles?). I'm not sure I'll be able to provide you with good flavour, but I'm up to hosting.

And ofc I'll sign up if someone else hosts.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Upside to playing Mafia these days is I have my desktop all set up again and I'm not on the move. Downside is I got rid of my iphone so no playing on the go!

Definitely prefer playing with a keyboard and big screen so I can actually look back at stuff easily.
Jeroen_Sol
Yeah, there's definitely enough interest. I'm going to start brainstorming.