PLAYING RPG MAKER GAMES ON A MAC

Pages: 1
Not sure if I'm posting in the right place... but what the heck.

So I've just recently gotten into playing RPG Maker games... and so far, I'm having a blast. I started out with Exit Fate and Beautiful Escape: Dungeoneer and have since tried to move on to some of the other classics. These are all new experiences for me, so I'm really enjoying discovering some of the undisputed masterpieces of the community.

Here's the issue: I'm actually playing these games on my Mac using Wine. I've had great success... to some extent. Certain games (notably Witch's House, Blurred Line, Clock of Atonement, and many others) aren't playing at all. I'm getting an indecipherable error message for each. It's frustrating, because these are obviously games that many people think very highly of.

So is there an alternate method to play these games? Or am I SOL here? I'd love to play these games, but will obviously give up if there's no other viable option. Thanks in advance (and sorry if this is a rudimentary question).
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I think, that there is none...
The issue is probably caused by either 1. RTP or 2. DynRPG. I got troubles to run Dyn on a modern Win 10 computer. You should be able to install RTP.
Also, I think that these games were all made in rm 2k and that got problems running on windows machines since vistas.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Soon the only way we'll be able to enjoy old gems is by using virtual machines. :(
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the help.

Bummer about the older games not working... but oh well. I'm sure I can find plenty more to tide me over.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
You know, if someone made a shell program like DOSBox that could run old RTsuk2000's and 2k3 games on newer systems, that could be quite a name maker for whoever did it.
Pages: 1