BABYMETAL IS THE WEIRDEST METAL BAND I EVER SEEN/HEARD.

Pages: 1
I don't know if I like them or hate them.
If you think they're weird check out Lady Baby.

Who are awesome.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Is that gimmie chocolate girls?

Libby beat me to it ..

Get more familiar with it.
Love it.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Metal's sub-genres tend to be awkward. Like pirate metal.

author=Kaliesto
I don't know if I like them or hate them.

They take time to grow on you, I think. I remember reading somewhere how their formation and naming was due in part to their record label wanting to combine genre's of unrelated musical styling to create a new one. I might have to go dig up that information so I can quote it directly - but watch, it'll be a sketchy Wikipedia page I read it from.

author=Liberty
If you think they're weird check out Lady Baby.

Who are awesome.

Lady...Baby...?

Welp. Curiosity is piqued. Gonna check this out today.

author=Cap_H
Metal's sub-genres tend to be awkward. Like pirate metal.

Ah...Pirate metal. Ye ol' guitar shredding, sea faring, ale drinking pirate metal. Haven't heard much of it but for maybe two bands. >_>

I'll tell you guys one thing...Visual Kei music is amazing for confusing people. Show anyone a visual kei band then propose this question: "Male or Female?" and point at each one in a video. The Japanese have some photogenic and androgynous people among them.
Babymetal isn't the weirdest Japanese metal band around (Ladybaby, Deathrabbits, Fruitpochette, BiSH, Passcode, etc.) but it's the best and most successful of them.

By the way, it's unfortunate that Ladybaby disbanded recently. I'm not a huge fan of death growls but their live shows were crazy fun.
Ironically it was your avatar that gained my interest, but man was it unexpected.
author=Avee
Babymetal isn't the weirdest Japanese metal band around (Ladybaby, Deathrabbits, Fruitpochette, BiSH, Passcode, etc.) but it's the best and most successful of them.

By the way, it's unfortunate that Ladybaby disbanded recently. I'm not a huge fan of death growls but their live shows were crazy fun.
:<
Aw. I liked LadyBaby. Something about the collision between big burly man and cute sweet girls was hilariously cute. The fact he didn't mind donning a dress and dancing cutely, and that the girls didn't mind rocking out made it so much cute/fun.
You have never heard bethlehem xD. After you hear them you will see babymetal as something completely normal. I recommend you bethlehem and silencer xD
author=SZandex
You have never heard bethlehem xD. After you hear them you will see babymetal as something completely normal. I recommend you bethlehem and silencer xD

How are his vocal chords not in bleeding bits and pieces? That song is seriously brutal...

I looked them up quickly. Their latest album sounds more tame... It's probably more to my liking than their earlier works :P

author=Liberty
Aw. I liked LadyBaby. Something about the collision between big burly man and cute sweet girls was hilariously cute. The fact he didn't mind donning a dress and dancing cutely, and that the girls didn't mind rocking out made it so much cute/fun.

Ladybaby are a perfect blend of cuteness, brutality, hilarity and mindless enjoyment. They had something unique that I haven't seen in any other idol band yet. Ladybeard (AKA Rick Magarey) also seems to be a really nice and outgoing person. One of the funnier videos I've seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MOCe_VydOQ

The fan theory behind the disbandment is that the production or management had signed an unfair contract with Ladybeard (that seems pretty common in the Japanese idol industry, unfortunately). He's not allowed to give details about the situation yet but he said he has lots of projects coming up and definitely won't put an end to his career as a cross-dressing/metal singer entertainer.

As for Rei and Rie, their producers apparently formed a new band with the two of them... I think they are talented singers but I'm not sure how they'll manage to offer something unique now that Ladybeard is gone. The Japanese music scene is already saturated with idol groups.

...Regarding Babymetal, their worldwide success keeps surprising even their producers.
Recently they soldout Wembley Arena, London (12,000+ capacity),
are the first Japanese artists in over 50 years to make it in the Top 40 in the US Billboard,
they performed on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert,

and performed with Judas Priest's Rob Halford at the APMA awards.

Suzuka (Su-Metal) looked like she had a hell of a good time, enjoying the performance like an overexcited little girl. And Yui and Moa playing the guitar (even if for the most part they airplayed/weren't audible) was something new and unexpected for the fans. My mind was blown away when I watched the live stream :)

Yeah, I'm a pretty hardcore BM fan at this point :P
What about Hevisaurus, a dinosaur power metal band for kids.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Check out Nekrogoblikon for some cool videos and no bad sound.
author=Avee
author=SZandex
How are his vocal chords not in bleeding bits and pieces? That song is seriously brutal...

I looked them up quickly. Their latest album sounds more tame... It's probably more to my liking than their earlier works :P

author=Liberty

Ladybaby are a perfect blend of cuteness, brutality, hilarity and mindless enjoyment. They had something unique that I haven't seen in any other idol band yet. Ladybeard (AKA Rick Magarey) also seems to be a really nice and outgoing person. One of the funnier videos I've seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MOCe_VydOQ

The fan theory behind the disbandment is that the production or management had signed an unfair contract with Ladybeard (that seems pretty common in the Japanese idol industry, unfortunately). He's not allowed to give details about the situation yet but he said he has lots of projects coming up and definitely won't put an end to his career as a cross-dressing/metal singer entertainer.

As for Rei and Rie, their producers apparently formed a new band with the two of them... I think they are talented singers but I'm not sure how they'll manage to offer something unique now that Ladybeard is gone. The Japanese music scene is already saturated with idol groups.

...Regarding Babymetal, their worldwide success keeps surprising even their producers.
Recently they soldout Wembley Arena, London (12,000+ capacity),
are the first Japanese artists in over 50 years to make it in the Top 40 in the US Billboard,
they performed on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert,

and performed with Judas Priest's Rob Halford at the APMA awards.

Suzuka (Su-Metal) looked like she had a hell of a good time, enjoying the performance like an overexcited little girl. And Yui and Moa playing the guitar (even if for the most part they airplayed/weren't audible) was something new and unexpected for the fans. My mind was blown away when I watched the live stream :)

Yeah, I'm a pretty hardcore BM fan at this point :P
His was to much skilled in growls and shrieks xD. Their earlier album sounds more loke ramnstein xD. They are great to
author=InfectionFiles
Check out Nekrogoblikon for some cool videos and no bad sound.
Necrogoblikon? What genre they are?
Pages: 1