ALEXANDER MF HAMILTON

Pages: first 12 next last
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
As a general rule, I feel the same way about musicals as a class of media that the Westboro Baptist Church is convinced God feels about homosexuals.

I am the kind of person that would commit a genocide against musicals if they were something that could feasibly be genocided. If I had access to a genie a year ago I would have used up 33.333% of my wishes to wish them out of the world. You get my point, I think.

I hate musicals. I hate the idea of musicals. I am spiritually invested in hating the shit out of EVERY MUSICAL EVER MADE.

I was able to enjoy the Book of Mormon which I was lucky enough to see on Broadway during the original cast run, but only through the mental gymnastics of convincing myself that it was a some kind of an ANTI-MUSICAL and a giant TAKE-THAT at musicals in general (and in hindsight, I have to admit that as much as it takes the piss out of Mormonism and Africa and religion and belief and political correctness in general, structurally, it is a pretty straight forward musical).

Right now--having never even seen it, only heard it, on repeat, an increasingly embarrassing number of times--I am about as obsessed with the MUSICAL (technically...rap opera?) Hamilton as I have ever been obsessed with any piece of media I have ever consumed. I am totally rapt with its brilliance and its beauty, on so many levels, across so many dimensions.

Can it just be that good that my vendetta against musicals is somehow broken? What the hell (restricted to this particular context) is wrong with me?

Discuss!
maybe you should try enjoying things instead of trying to hate things on concept/genre alone

also why are you posting here all of a sudden
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I can understand why you wouldn't like them but what's the purpose in removing all musicals from earth? If you don't enjoy them... well, don't watch them! But there are people who actually enjoy that stuff, and you'd technically be removing someone else's entertainment just because your opinion on it is different.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I adore musicals. I particularly enjoyed Wicked and Cats.
I'm mawk

I'm gutsy and powerful

I'm repurposing this thread into something useful

post your favourite musical numbers

How someone can compare their dislike for a genre to a desire for genocide is beyond me.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Now that I've taken a closer look at the OP, I believe this is about Hamilton and how Max thinks it's good.

I don't know why he needed three paragraphs of "BEIAOFJIOJDAFIOJFJ I HATE MUSICALS!!!!1" for that.

I personally haven't heard of it.
author=SgtMettool
How someone can compare their dislike for a genre to a desire for genocide is beyond me.

it helps to vastly overestimate how important your own media likes and dislikes are on a global scale + be desperately angry to such an extent that the comparison seems like a good idea

which is why instead, we're going to bury the issue in music

Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill
hEllo, mAx. iT's me, punkitt. i have noticed your apparent diSlike of musicals, and i think you may be misinformed/Hollow-mInded. allow me to represenT soMe fantAstic and quite eXcellent songs from Guys and Dolls, my favorite musical.

Oh shit are we drowning Max out with musical numbers we like?

I will post more as necessary
Punkitt
Oh shoot Home on the Range! Forgot about that one.
author=Pizza

This one gets bonus points for how its aged.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
you fags know you can't make me click on those links, right? :P

anyway ftr I have been exposed to every song you just threw at me already. despite any rumors to the contrary, I have in fact been dating a GIRL for the past 10 years so...occasional exposure to the deadly radiation that is musical theater just comes with the territory.

anyway, so let me get this straight, you guys are bizarrely defensive of musicals in the abstract, but have apparently never even heard of the best one ever written or staged, Hamilton, which is also maybe the most popular of all time?

is that about right?
User was warned for this post
Punkitt
I'll say it again, since you clearly didn't get the message last time.
hEllo, mAx. iT's me, punkitt. i have noticed your apparent diSlike of musicals, and i think you may be misinformed/Hollow-mInded. allow me to represenT soMe fantAstic and quite eXcellent songs from Guys and Dolls, my favorite musical.

also are you really so insecure of your masculinity that you have to reassure us that you're dating a lady after being shown good theater? duuuuuuude
Go fucking hide in whatever hole you just crawled out of, you god forsaken creepshow.

Don't insinuate that liking musicals makes you gay and then brag about how you're straight and like "The best one ever" (since it's the one you like) to feel better than everyone.

Get fucking lost, loser.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Max McGee
you fags

OK THAT'S IT I WILL MAKE YOU CHOKE ON ALL THE MUSICAL DVDS IN EXISTANCE SO HARD YOUR BUTT WILL BE SINGING WHEN YOU POOP
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.

Do you have any general? With or without his privates? With is extra!

Pages: first 12 next last