[FORUM] REGISTERING BLOCKED?

Pages: first 1234 next last
My friend wants to register an account on the site, but it says registering new accounts is blocked. What's up with that?
unity
You're magical to me.
A ban-evading troll that couldn't take a hint is what's up with that. Dunno how long registrations will be down, but I assume it'll be until they can find a way to keep xxxhelaz away for good.
It is temporarily blocked as we've had a spammer and general asshole constantly creating new accounts through proxies over the last day or so.
I see. Any estimation on when it'll be back?
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I'd suggest in this case to make an announcement so that people know to email someone to ask for manual registration, so that an admin/mod creates the account with a dummy password they can change later.
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
author=Mirak
I'd suggest in this case to make an announcement so that people know to email someone to ask for manual registration, so that an admin/mod creates the account with a dummy password they can change later.

Yup, this! It may be a bit frustrating for a bit, but we can push through it!
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I guess it depends on what SZandex's further intentions are (yes, btw, they are xXhealaz), because if he quit, then I see no reason to leave this up.
His intention is to 'declare war on rmn' according to his email
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I know you guys hate IP blocking, and I don't blame you, but if this little dip keeps his shit up, you may have to.
They're using proxies or similar stuff to get around IP bans.
He's been IP-blocked already. Can't do much about it when someone decides to play the proxy game, unfortunately. >.<;

Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
This seems like a nuclear option, but if it's that serious, it might be worth a try (at least in the short term): https://perishablepress.com/block-tough-proxies/

Basically, it will block proxy access through both PHP and .htaccess files. This is all assuming legit users aren't using the site via proxies, of course.

Alternatively, I'm sure he will lose interest just as soon as the next Minecraft update is released.
Maybe a subnet block? If those are a thing.
author=Deltree
This seems like a nuclear option, but if it's that serious, it might be worth a try (at least in the short term): https://perishablepress.com/block-tough-proxies/

Basically, it will block proxy access through both PHP and .htaccess files. This is all assuming legit users aren't using the site via proxies, of course.

Alternatively, I'm sure he will lose interest just as soon as the next Minecraft update is released.

We aren't using PHP and Apache is sitting behind a proxy, so .htaccess is not an option.

I'd also hate to just blanket ban proxies, because some people need to use a proxy to browse the net.

I'll turn registrations back on once I give the site more options for dealing with spammers, will probably be over the weekend.
Is there a reason he declared a war on the site, or just a random troll who has too much time on its hands?
Would it matter?
To answer the question, he was banned a few months ago for various reasons, but extended his ban by ban evading. Not sure why he went stupid yesterday but he did.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I think banning proxy users from just the registration page would be a perfectly fine permanent solution.
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
author=LockeZ
I think banning proxy users from just the registration page would be a perfectly fine permanent solution.

But because some people need to use a proxy to use the internet, they would never be allowed to make an account... ;w;
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Proxy users need permission to create an account.
Pages: first 1234 next last