FREE PUZZLES AND COMPLEX EVENTS!

Pages: 1
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Heyo, fellow RMNers! I had been thinking about making this thread for a while now, and as today is the Random Act of Kindness Day, it's finally time to make it a reality.

As you may or may not know, I enjoy creating all kinds of complicated, crazy mechanics with events. Eventing is the one thing in RPG Maker I believe I'm really good at. In addition, I like designing minigames and puzzles as well.
Of course, working with eventing is not a secret skill, but something everybody can learn rather easily. However, it's not something everybody enjoys, or has the patience for. But I actually like coming up with ways to make complex things work purely with events. And I have a lot of experience with it: Among other things, I made a puzzle game where all the mechanics are purely event-based, worked on two battle systems that almost completely work through events, and designed puzzles for unity's game Luxaren Allure.

What does that have to do with you? Well, if these credentials convince you, and you happen to want a puzzle, minigame or some really complicated eventing for your game... then let me know, and I'll try to get it done for you. I can work in RPG Maker XP, 2003, and VX Ace (although if necessary I can design theoretical concepts for any maker)
And the best part? It's free! I don't want anything in return! (Okay, maybe mentioning me in the credits would be nice.)

I will reserve the right to refuse or abandon a job if it really doesn't work for me, although I'm usually pretty persistent.

So what are you waiting for? I want to work!

Edit:
Just for clarification: The purpose of this thread is to help you out if you are experiencing problems with puzzles or complicated eventing in your own game projects, or for me to create such things for you if you have an idea and struggle to implement it yourself.
However, I am currently not available for long-term cooperations or team projects. I'll happily help out here and there, but I just don't have enough free time to commit to full co-creatorship on a complete game.

Current tasks:
- Dragnfly: Various puzzles and mechanics
- watermark: Puzzles for 99

Finished tasks:
- MattMats: Soldiers.exe
- MattMats: Grain (slime puzzles)

Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Bookmarking for the far far far future.
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
That's really nice Nesi! Yoou are really good at puzzles and eventing so I hope you have fun helpibg people here! :D

Definately keeping my eye on this!
Dragnfly
Beta testers!? No, this game needs a goddamn exorcist!
I played Luxaren Allure and was wowed by some of the puzzles so I was going to look up whoever did the puzzles for it if I needed help with anything in my project. I'm not to that point yet but you making this topic shows that you're an ultimate level of awesome. Thanks.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I think I would need a gammak-break after the current McBacon Jam resolves. However, I might want to talk to you at some point regarding the puzzle in the Temple of the Spirit? I dunno. It might behoove me to re-focus on Nakaishi Wars, or work on something new.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Thanks for the kind words, everyone! If you get to the point when you want my help, please do come back at any time.
Dragnfly
What's involved in this anyway? Do people give you a build of their project and you insert the puzzle or do you make the puzzle and send them your build as a kind of "how to"?

Mine will be theoretical since it's in MV (the eventing is still really close to VXA) so I guess my question is more out of curiosity.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Both ways are possible. I can work with existing projects as long as the developers are okay with it, or I can make things in my own project folder and send over the result for the developer to insert into their game. I might need some extra information in some cases, for example a range of switches and variables for me to use that isn't already occupied. But generally, anything is possible.
Dragnfly
Well, when that time comes and if I can't do it on my own you can be guaranteed a very detailed explanation and lots of support files.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I love that this thread exists. ^^

Spread the puzzle love!
I have something really hard (I think?) that I tried a while ago. It was a battle system - I'll PM you how it works and you can take a crack at it! :D This is a very cool thread!
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
I've been working on MattMats's project yesterday. This one was more of a debugging task, since the events in question already existed and only needed some adjustments to function properly. But I think I got it to work. I'll have to wait for a response from Matt before marking this mission as completed, but I'd say this was a pretty good start.

author=Dragnfly
Well, when that time comes and if I can't do it on my own you can be guaranteed a very detailed explanation and lots of support files.

I'm looking forward to it!

author=Jeroen_Sol
I love that this thread exists. ^^

Spread the puzzle love!

Thanks! From what I've seen, you've created some really amazing puzzles in your projects, so I'm not sure if my abilities can compare to that. But I'll try!

author=Gourd_Clae
I have something really hard (I think?) that I tried a while ago. It was a battle system - I'll PM you how it works and you can take a crack at it! :D This is a very cool thread!

Thank you! Please, go ahead. This sounds very interesting, and I'd be happy to try and see if I can help you out.
Hi, it's me again^^
I've got a little problem with some slime puzzles
Do you already have some events to work on or can I send it to you?
And thank you very much for your help^^

MM
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Sure, go ahead! I'll try to help where I can. That's what this thread is for, after all. It's been so quiet here, I was already wondering if anyone was ever going to request something again...
It might take me a little longer this time since I'm currently ill, but I'll do my best.
Dragnfly
Hope you get well soon.

I was holding off until I had the resources done but come to think of it I can just use placeholder graphics. So when you're un-sick and done with MattMats' stuff (and possibly another guy I linked this topic to) I'll pass some of my puzzle ideas along.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Thanks, Dragnfly! It's nothing too bad, and I'm sure it'll be over in just a few days.

Whenever you have something ready, feel free to send it to me as soon as you can. I may not be able to work on it immediately, but the earlier I get your concepts, the more time I have to think about how to make them work.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
And the current task has been finished! Feel free to keep them coming, everyone!
Pages: 1