HULLO

Pages: 1
Hello, everyone.

I've been trying to register here for a few days now, but I see y'all ran into some unfortunate nonsense which caused the registrations to close. I hope everything is straightened out now.

I had a problem with my project that I was going to ask you people about, but during the last few days, I've found a way around my problem myself, so now I'm just saying "hi" for now. :P

Also, it turns out that my regular email already has an account here, so I guess I did have an account here already, after all. I didn't have any such info for this place in my archives, and I couldn't remember what it might have been, so I just went ahead and made this new account.

Anyway, I'm from Canada, and I started out on RPG Maker 2000 fifteen years ago in '01. I've been using RPG Maker 2003 since RPG Advocate first translated it on War of the Magi (good times) way back when. I never took up RPG Maker XP or any of the subsequent versions, but my command of 2k3 is highly honed.

Unrelated to RPG Maker, but still in line with game development, I created the Clash of the Creeps custom map for Warcraft III: TFT, as seen on Youtube.

I've been working on a very ambitious strategy RPG with custom everything in RM2K3 (now referred to as "RPG Tsukuru 2003", I gather?) for nearly four years now, on and off. So I might be pretty quiet for a while (or not; we'll see), but expect to see me again at some point in the future, bearing awesomeness. ;)

Oh, and I'm also a linguist and conlanger. Though that's less relevant here. :P
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Welcome to RMN! Glad to have you!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Hello and Welcome!
About your second account, you probably should pm Kentona or Liberty, if they can delete it.
Tor Heyerdahl was my grandmother's hero.

Just as a by the way.
Yeah, RM2k3 was actually legally translated and sold, so the old RPG advocate translation was renamed to its Japanese name 'Tsukuru'.

I'm from Canada and they think I'm slow, eh?

Welcome.
@Shinan: Cool. Has she seen the 2012 movie Kon-Tiki? It's pretty sick (EDIT: Oh, wait... You said "was". Perhaps this isn't possible. Sorry).
Also, kudos to you for catching the missing <h> in the last name, but you missed the missing <h> in the first name (Thor). I deliberately misspell it because I actually sourced the name from a song which also deliberately misspells it in its lyrics on account of that band makes a point of throwing grammar to the wind. Namely, I sourced it from Den Åpne Sjø by TrollfesT. I've been using this name since late 2012/early 2013.

@kentona: I assumed that was the reason, yeah. I noticed the English version when I was exploring the new utilities that have been added since my last visit. I first clicked on RPG Maker 2003 (noting how odd the icon looked), and then I was like "What the? Only three utilities? I'm *sure* there were several pages last time I was here..." lol. Then I found them under "RPG Tsukuru 2003" and assumed the rest.
Hullo (whatever that word means, I do not know that word) there, too.

I've been trying to register here for a few days now, but I see y'all ran into some unfortunate nonsense which caused the registrations to close.

Revenge is not nonsense. A little bit of revenge never hurt anybody.
author=Tor_Heyerdal
@Shinan: Cool. Has she seen the 2012 movie Kon-Tiki? It's pretty sick (EDIT: Oh, wait... You said "was". Perhaps this isn't possible. Sorry).

In fact she died like a couple of weeks before the movie came out over here. I guess I'll always remember the connection because I remember listening to something about the film on the radio shortly after I heard that she had died and I got one of those moments when it hits you that the person is actually gone.

I haven't seen the movie yet. Though I've been meaning to. Eventually.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Are you real?
Seems legit. Welcome~

As you may have noticed, a few introduction topics have been locked lately, due to some bratty kid who can't take no for an answer and decided to spam the site in various ways due to that. >.<;

Anyway~ Good to see another old bod around the site. You'll realise we've got a fair few peeps from the early RM days kicking about, as well as awesome new bods too~
Sweet - a legit new arrival! :D

Welcome, welcome!
author=Deacon Batista
Hullo (whatever that word means, I do not know that word) there, too.

It's just a silly way of saying "hello". :P lol

author=Deacon Batista
Revenge is not nonsense. A little bit of revenge never hurt anybody.

I just meant "nonsense" in the sense of like... "rigmarole". It may or may not have been sensical in a literal sense; I don't really know the details.

author=Shinan
In fact she died like a couple of weeks before the movie came out over here.

I'm really sorry to hear that. @.@

author=Shinan
I haven't seen the movie yet. Though I've been meaning to. Eventually.

I can understand not exactly being in a hurry to do so, given the circumstances. I hope you can enjoy it when you do get around to it.

author=Dudesoft
Are you real?

Hahaha! I promise you, I am real. xD I am me, and I am not a ghost. I sit here tangibly, tangible fingers pressed to tangible keys, conjuring a tangible post. :V So please cheer up, crying dog. :P

author=Liberty
As you may have noticed, a few introduction topics have been locked lately, due to some bratty kid who can't take no for an answer and decided to spam the site in various ways due to that. >.<;

Yeah, I noticed the locked threads. And that "can't take no for an answer" thing is pretty much all I know about it. I don't know what "no" was the answer to, or anything else. ::shrug:: I guess it's not hugely important for me to know, anyway.

author=Liberty
Anyway~ Good to see another old bod around the site. You'll realise we've got a fair few peeps from the early RM days kicking about, as well as awesome new bods too~

Thanks. :) I guess I'm not surprised to hear that we've got some people around here from back then. As such, I probably should have mentioned in my opening post that back on War of the Magi, I went by the name of Duo. So if anyone might remember me, that's who I am. :3 I've come a loooooooooong way since then.

author=Punk_Kricket
Sweet - a legit new arrival! :D
Welcome, welcome!

Thank you, thank you. :3
Greetings and salutations from another newbie to RMN (though not to RPG Maker).
Pages: 1