GAME MAKER HUMBLE BUNDLE: PROFESSIONAL + EXPORT MODULES

Pages: first 12 next last
https://www.humblebundle.com/gamemaker-bundle

Even though this is an RPG Maker forum, I thought I should let you all know anyways that, for the next 13 days, you can get GameMaker Professional for whatever you want, and the HTML5, Android, iOS, and Windows UWP export modules for a minumum of $15!

For perspective, Professional is usually $150, and the export modules are all either $200 or $300 each. So yeah, this an absurd deal.

You can also get some GM games + their source code in this bundle.
Welp, I was looking for a reason to dabble in GameMaker and this is the best excuse possible.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Cool! I planned to buy Game Maker once I had the money saved up, but now... WHY WAIT??
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
This can't be happening, i get paid in 15 days, i won't make it!

I know i'm a stranger and all but if anyone could let me borrow some money to get the bundle i promise to pay you back in 15 days. xc

EDIT: Many thanks to ozzy!
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Mirak
This can't be happening, i get paid in 15 days, i won't make it!

I know i'm a stranger and all but if anyone could let me borrow some money to get the bundle i promise to pay you back in 15 days. xc

EDIT: Many thanks to ozzy!

-_-)b
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Ok, I already got a GM copy from the previous deal, but this deal? I cant skip on it.

Also is there gamemaker.net with Brendona and Freedom?
I remember getting a GameMaker bundle a few years ago but I cant remember what it included. Is this one better?
Mirak
This one is basically the pro version and all the export modules that together cost like $1000 or something. Definitely a nice deal.
Magi
Resident Terrapin
Wow, that's a lotta modules at a price so low it's basically free
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=kentona
I remember getting a GameMaker bundle a few years ago but I cant remember what it included. Is this one better?

It is.
It does have less interesting games, but it got better GameMaker stuff. I don't remember what is my actual license.
Mirak
author=Magi
Wow, that's a lotta modules at a price so low it's basically free

Isn't it? ISN'T IT???

It's christmas in September for me.
Is GameMaker good for turn-based games? My game ideas are all single-player with no action or timed elements (mostly a mix of RPG, TBS, and CCG).
author=Cap_H
author=kentona
It is.
It does have less interesting games, but it got better GameMaker stuff. I don't remember what is my actual license.

I looked it up. It was GameMaker Pro and the Android export module (and a bunch of games)
Mirak
author=Loxus
Is GameMaker good for turn-based games? My game ideas are all single-player with no action or timed elements (mostly a mix of RPG, TBS, and CCG).
Game maker is not rpg maker, it's drag and drop features are not very useful for making serious projects, most of the time you depend on coding everything yourself. It requires a bit more effort into learning it's programming language if you want to start really making the most of it, but game maker is versatile as heck! You can make almost anything 2D in it if you know how.

So the answer to your question is "GameMaker is good for turn based games if you know how to code them from the ground up".
From what I understand, GameMaker CAN do turn-based RPGs with enough work, but seems to be built with platformers and action games in mind first and foremost. Undertale, for instance, was made in Game Maker and the battle system took over six months to program.
This was made in GameMaker

http://www.talesofgames.com/related_game/barkley-shut-up-jam-gaiden/

anywho, I don't know why but I bought this bundle. But I did. And I don't think I ever installed the last GameMaker bundle (as I already owned GM Pro on Steam thanks to Clyve). So that means I *think* I have an extra copy of GM Pro and Android exporter to give away. At least, I am 75% sure I didn't use the redemption code yet...

Anybody want GM Pro (maybe, if the redemption code is still good)?
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

@Kentona: Is that a Steam Key /humble bundle link.
I might be interested.

If it still works, sometimes those things expire. You need to read the small print.
Its already been promised but currently my desk and PC are buried under all of the junk from the basement as we recover from water damage. I cant get to my computer.
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
author=kory_toombs
@Kentona: Is that a Steam Key /humble bundle link.
I might be interested.

If it still works, sometimes those things expire. You need to read the small print.

If you're still lookin for a Pro code, I've got one lying around as well
They're doing it again:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gamemaker-rebundle

Special note: If you get GM Studio Pro through this, then you will also eligible for the 40% upgrade discount to GM Studio 2.
Pages: first 12 next last