LOOKIN' FOR COMMUNITY AROUND THIS WHOLE RPG MAKER THING

Pages: 1
I am Gilgamesh. Been given that name for about twenty years now. As a child I used QBasic, as a teen I worked with HTML. I always wanted to program, design, and develop games but lacked the drive for raw coding. Recently discovered the modernized RPG Maker MV (My last attempt was probably with the SNES release.) I've been wanting to design games all my life, and now with this technology I feel I'm capable. Already started a couple small projects to get the ball rolling and develop the necessary skills.

I started one game with the original concept of fleshing out locations from my literal dreams. I keep seeing certain locations re-occur in my dreams, tho the dreams aren't always the same. So I started with that. There's a main continent and an island that is a smaller, scale model of the continent. However any time you enter a location on the island, it returns you to the corresponding location on the continent. Aiming for surrealism and consciousness based concepts for that one. I have a song I released (oh yeah, I'm a rapper too. lol) that serves as a theme song conceptually and in game play.

In that game I was learning the programming from tutorials and an idea to make drug dealing an option in the game occurred to me. I ran some basic programming to get some of the main aspects of that concept functional, and it went swimmingly. So I'm wanting to develop a game that revolves around the crime culture of my city. I intend to develop a diverse crime system and even an active police force. I'm more than likely going to integrate hip hop culture and game play at length. I already have some rapper friends who are interested in voice acting.

My third game I've started is a port of an old favorite game into the RPG Maker MV model largely just for the practice, research, and development of self to be better prepared for making my own projects. Ironically, this will involve not only incorporating D&D rules, but action based combat. Initiated for its seeming ease, turns out to be possibly the most daunting task at hand. lol

Long term I do intend to monetize and profit. Biggest barrier I see to that at the moment is graphics. Graphics are quite possibly my weakest point in this. I'm joining the community mainly to seek out graphic artists. A big part of what I'm looking for and need right now is contemporary urban and hip hop themed sprites. I've been looking and haven't found anything as of yet.

Here is my debut music video I wrote, directed, produced, casted, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4WISCBjv_Y
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Well, welcome to the boards - have fun, make friends, make games!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Welcome to Rivals Madness Network, Gi!
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Well, I don't know if this is a community AROUND RPGMaker so much as ADJACENT to it, but welcome anyway!
author=Sooz
Well, I don't know if this is a community AROUND RPGMaker so much as ADJACENT to it, but welcome anyway!

lol If it works it works.
The first RPG I ever made (well, started) was in QBASIC. I called it Hero's Realm. I had a tile rendering engine and some charsets and a battle system and everything.

Welcome to RMN!
QBasic was what I used back then too! Didn't make any RPG's tho. That does sound familiar tho.

I'm curious to see more of it.
Unfortunately, I lost the source code about 17~18 years ago.
Pages: 1