LAXIUS FORCE (LAXIUS POWER IV) RELEASED - PRICED AT $15

Pages: first 123 next last
Since this is now a pay game, it doesn't belong in the other forum anymore.

http://laxiusforce.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1414

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBYSdatxBbI

Discuss/comments.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
Hell no.

I didn't like the other installments. I doubt I would like this one any better.
iuno. Looks aight.

What's the deal with Laxius Power? I remember that I got a handful of emails from people who visit their forums about Hero's Realm. Apparently they like it there.

EDIT:
The default sound effects and the fact that he just video taped his monitor detracts from the trailer.
Yes, persuade me to buy this game when the trailer is a camera sitting in front of a computer showing someone playing the game.

I can't believe this.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Ha. He has comments turned on for approval only.

He should probably not use a camcorder next time he makes a trailer.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
80 hours of playtime
17 playable characters
100+ quests
Tons of secrets and items!

That's what the link at the top of this post claims. What happened to 400+ hours of playtime, 40+ characters??? Or is this just a demo version?

lolol

Also, ditto WIP. Plus the game looked SUPER EASY. As in, not fun AT ALL. The chimp sounds would piss me off, too.

MODIFY: MAGNIFICENT TEMPLE OF INDINERA

MODIFY2: I tried the first two and hated them. I tried the third one and enjoyed it for a while until it became IMPOSSIBLE, most likely because I didn't have a save from LP2 and thus could not unlock half the stuff available. It was fun, though, and very dark.
I've never played the Laxius Power series. What is all the buzz about it?
author=Neophyte link=topic=2139.msg35586#msg35586 date=1222987408
Yes, persuade me to buy this game when the trailer is a camera sitting in front of a computer showing someone playing the game.

I can't believe this.

Even if it was selling for something reasonable like $5, I still can't believe this.
Holy shit. I'd rather buy The Demon Rush than this (and its $5 cheaper). That is absolute garbage. Did he not even bother with googling "screen capture to a video" or anything?

author=Omcifer link=topic=2139.msg35596#msg35596 date=1222988343

Its a terrible RPG Maker series where all the games are terrible and take forever to complete although somehow a fanbase formed for the series.
Laxius Power III isn't bad at all imo. I can't believe he's selling Laxius Power IV though. I, for one, am not willing to buy it.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
I'd rather make paper airplanes with 15 dollars and toss them at people to see their reactions. More fun.
author=Omcifer link=topic=2139.msg35596#msg35596 date=1222988343

It's a series of RPG Maker games that are hyped as being really long. I've never finished a Laxius Power game, but from what I've played they take the "item hidden in a pot" trick from Dragon Quest and multiply it by around infinity, if that makes any sense. I actually enjoyed the first one quite a bit, but thought that the third threw way too much stuff at you too early. Sticking the player in an enormous town with a hundred houses, castles and shops in the first few minutes of play with little explanation for people who haven't played the previous games isn't such a great idea, in my opinion!

The third game is also infamous for winning roughly a dozen contradictory awards at the Misaos, including Game of the Year and Biggest Disappointment.

Y'know, I actually like the business concept, though. Release a game or two as free games for everyone to play and see if they like, and then once you've got a fanbase, start making professional projects. Sounds entirely reasonable.

But I've never played nor had any desire to play this particular series. I'm just saying that I'm down with the "drug salesman" business model. "First taste is free."
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I agree with Shadowtext. I just want to say I have no problem, in theory, with selling RM games, if you can find a user base to turn into "consumers" and I think that $15 is a very reasonable price.

I might consider even doing this with some of my games, once I make sure the free first taste is good enough to get enough "users" that I can distill some of them into consumers...because I really want to make money from doing something creative.

The only problem with that is the legal (and less importantly ethical concerns) of selling a game containing things you did not make yourself. Which Indy seems to be doing here (not all of those graphics are from the XP RTP, are they? But I don't think indie made them all himself, either. Maybe he's using his unbelievably huge fan base as slave labor.)

But, with that said...I have never, EVER understood why indy has such a gigantic and horrifyingly fanatical, wholly sycophantic fanbase when his games are, at best, mediocre, nominal, poorly translated, and unimpressive.
haha number three was supposed to have about 300+ hours of gameplay and supposebly it was beatable in a couple of hours. I would rather spend the $15 at mcdonalds then on this game.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Specific to this entry:
That trailer makes this game look retarded. Why can you play as a monkey?

MODIFY: Uh, that first link simply says click the link to download the game...I don't see anything about it being a pay game...unless he's using some kind of shareware like model? Anyway, I'm downloading it now....verrrryyy....slowwwwwwlllllyyy.....

MODIFY 2: My other beef with indy is that in spite of his huge popularity and his now apparent desire to make money off of it, he has never shown any interest in anyone else's games or in any way supporting the community that has obviously supported him.
author=Max McGee link=topic=2139.msg35623#msg35623 date=1222993086
Specific to this entry:
That trailer makes this game look retarded. Why can you play as a monkey?

MODIFY: Uh, that first link simply says click the link to download the game...I don't see anything about it being a pay game...unless he's using some kind of shareware like model? Anyway, I'm downloading it now....verrrryyy....slowwwwwwlllllyyy.....

MODIFY 2: My other beef with indy is that in spite of his huge popularity and his now apparent desire to make money off of it, he has never shown any interest in anyone else's games or in any way supporting the community that has obviously supported him.

Indinera's fans are their own sort of community.

He doesn't get much of a benefit outside of that community.
I have no problem with someone selling a game really. More power to him if he can sell an RMXP game. The problem I have is that this game is setting the bar too low. Sure, I haven't played the game, but this doesn't strike me as anything different from a regular RMXP game. Even Aveyond changed some of the graphics and the way things look. This is pretty much a game that's using a standard XP battle system and using the same graphics as any other RMXP game.

Braid is $15. You've got to be kidding me if this game deserves as much as that.
Pages: first 123 next last