[RM2K3] NEED SOME SPRITE ADVICE

Pages: 1
So in my game I have portraits with a 4 frame blink animation like so:

The problem is just recently I've been working on NPC portraits but I made a few that don't have normal/visible eyes and I kinda realized that they would look out of place without animation.

Is there any way I could animate parts of thier faces to match a blinking animation or should I just leave them as static portaits.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
There is more to body language than facial gestures. why not make the blonde girl fidget a bit and the girl in blue to wobble a bit like being gently pushed by a breeze?

Gorgeous portraits btw if you have a gamepage please direct me to it so i can subscribe thank you.
author=Mirak
There is more to body language than facial gestures. why not make the blonde girl fidget a bit and the girl in blue to wobble a bit like being gently pushed by a breeze?

It's not that I don't want to focus on animating other features besides the face it's just i feel like if one portrait gets an animated body movement It makes the rest of them look stiff and lifeless. I'm trying to keep everything uniform, but I'll give it a shot and see if I can make it work.

author=Mirak
Gorgeous portraits btw if you have a gamepage please direct me to it so i can subscribe thank you.

It's totally fine keeping those portraits without animation. The eye blinking is so subtle as it is.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
J'ADORE!

I'm totally okay with them being static if they're not next to animated girls in the game. Black haired chic could probably have animated fingers and the second one looks like chewing something. But they are beautiful as they are. Keep on shining, Philly Cheese!

Hey, it's me again. It's really gooood. I would totally fall in platonic love with you, If I were observing you drawing. I hope it doesn't sound too creepy.
Imo, it's better to let the kid chews and leave the girl as it is. :)
author=Cap_H
I'm totally okay with them being static if they're not next to animated girls in the game.

The thing is that's kind of how I have it set up.

Basically the current speaker's portrait animates while the other character's portrait is darkened and stays static.

author=aquatorrent
Imo, it's better to let the kid chews and leave the girl as it is. :)

I like the chewing animation idea. But I messed around with pigtails and decided I'd have her eyebrows move a bit instead.

I appreiate all the feedback and compliments.
Pages: 1