STAR FALL: A FORUM GAME (IN PLAY)

OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
That indeed is a good question, where is odd?
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
I am here. School and band have been clogging up my schedule, so I don't have much time to drop out. Not only that, but this is one of my first times doing a roleplay, at least recently. But yes, I agree to the consensus.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
And that is three yeses.

With Oz as the leader, the Gauntlet will be associated with his character sheet in the OP. Until one of them says otherwise, the Viper will be owned between Lintis and Agnelia.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
That's four yeses, you can't count.

In terms of ownership I would think that the Viper would be owned by one person and the Gauntlet would be jointly owned by the other three people, given the prices. But who owns them doesn't really matter since we're unlikely to receive a tax audit or be forced into alimony payments during the game - what matters is who's in them. We should put me in one ship and Lintis in the other, since we both have the same class (combat spec).

Suggestion: Ozardel and Lintis on the Gauntlet, me and Kasady on the Viper.
pianotm
Because both you and Marrend suggested the Viper, I wasn't sure how you wanted to do it, so that's fine. Easy enough to change.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I would tend to agree that who's in the ships is slightly more important than who owns them right now. LockeZ's suggestion of how we should split up is fine by me.

Though, now that we have ships, I believe the opportunity to accept missions comes into play. Is this a thing we have interest in, or should we forgo that for now?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I guess we're supposed to decide where to go next? I was sort of waiting on a "you have ships now!" story post with some plot or dialogue, or perhaps a list of aforementioned missions, but whatever. If neither of those are happening then let's follow the only lead we've got and go to Malir with the grain and try to make some cash.
pianotm
I've just been dealing with a minor problem getting medical supplies these past few days and my mind is on other things. It's not that I put this on a back burner. I just forgot to pay attention. Give me an hour or so.
pianotm
ALL: You have purchased ships. They are fully fueled and ready to go.

Guantlet:

WAVE SHIELDS have an energy value of 8. This means that a laser with an energy value of 2 can strike an area of shields 4 times before exposing the armor on that region of hull. There are six regions: starboard, port, aft, fore, ventral, and dorsal. Shields will begin to replenish if that section evades a hit for at least two turns in a row. How much is replenished on a turn will be based on a d4 roll -1 (can roll a minimum of 1). Every time the exposed armor is struck, there is a high risk of damaging the shield generator. If a shield generator is damaged, shield regeneration is cut in half, and can only replenish to half power.

FIBER ARMOR consists of synthetic plates. They are arranged around the ship in the same configuration as the shield. Fiber Armor can withstand as many hits from a laser as the Wave Shields can. They will not replenish. Once a section of armor is depleted, each hit risks serious damage and destruction.

JR1 ROBERTS ENGINE is the same power as the A21 Physics. These are two of the three weakest engines. They can drive the ship adequately, but it's recommended you upgrade as soon as possible, especially since the Gauntlet's equipment loadout is maxed out.

GATLING LASER can deal 5 damage. This is sufficient to knock out a section of shields in a single hit on basic craft such as pirate Buccaneers. All Wah'ri craft favor speed and offense over defense, so if you can nail a few well timed hits on them, this laser will take them out quickly.

SPEED is 5. This is average speed. It has no penalties or bonuses to evading hits.

The Viper:

BASIC SHIELDS have an energy value of 4

FIBER ARMOR has weapons resistance equivalent to the shield energy value of 8.

CRYSTAL LASERS have an energy value of 2

9A11 CONRAD ENGINE is equal in power to the A21 Physics.

SPEED is 8. +3 bonus to hit evasion.

You can:

Depart
Return to the Tavern(Any notice terminals would be here)
Explore the Town
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Well, I guess the best thing to do would be to return to the tavern and look for them terminals. After we could explore the town before we depart. What do you guys think?
LockeZ
*nods in acceptance*
Marrend
I kinda think we can skip exploring the town. However, re-visiting the tavern for the terminals is fine by me.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Yeah, revisit the terminals.
pianotm
ALL: You return to the tavern finding a few more people. Most of the conversation is gossip, but you do get this interesting tidbit. Apparently, there are rumors of a military buildup in this part of Star Fall, as if the navy was expecting a problem of some kind. Indeed, it seems that two of the four Gates between Ceres and Malir are being guarded.

Computer Terminal:

• A bounty has been placed on the head of Rico the Heartless in the amount of 1000 credits. He has been terrorizing the shipping lanes between Ceres and Abil. He is wanted dead or alive. Bring proof of the kill to the nearest terminal for payment.
  • Pilot needed to deliver 100 units of purified water to Deimos for 250 credits. Accept? Y/N
  • Aviation engineer will pay 5,000 credits per ship hull to anyone that can bring the intact hull of a Wah'ri Talon to Ragnarok. Must be functionally intact. Even a cracked hull is useless.
  • Pilot needed to pick up 100 units of iron plates at Malir and deliver to Ceres for 200 credits. Accept? Y/N
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
How about we pick the one with the Wah'ri Hull and iron units from Malir? If we're lucky, we might even down 3 birds with one stone. Selling crops at Malir, getting iron from malir and fight Wah'ri on the to malir.

What do you guys think? Am I being too optimsitic?
LockeZ
I don't think getting ambushed by the Wah'ri is something we can really plan for.
Marrend
If the jump-gates between Ceres and Malir are being guarded, that does seem like an opportunity to encounter Wah'ri. It could also be the Kindred some unknown faction that's making trouble in the quadrant. Even if we do come across Wah'ri Talons, what would our strategy be in acquiring a hull intact? Besides, we barely came out of the last encounter with them with our lives! I mean, I'm aware it was a surprise attack, but still, you'll have to excuse me if I'm not exactly go-ho with the idea of going up against them so soon.

*Edit: Though, running across the Wah'ri is probably an eventuality. I just don't think we're prepared to do anything other than generally defending our lives, or running the hell away.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I'm not saying that we should go seaching for them, that would be suicide, I'm just telling you guys to accept the mission for later use.

Also, in the case that the only way of getting to Malir is using those gates, then we might as well just go bountyhunting this Rico the Heartless guy.

@Piano These gates, I take it they only serve as a means of a shortcut bewteen planets, we can still fly to Malir without using a warpgate right?
pianotm
OzzyTheOne
@Piano These gates, I take it they only serve as a means of a shortcut bewteen planets, we can still fly to Malir without using a warpgate right?

No.
LockeZ
It's not like all four are blocked off. Let's give it a shot. If we hit a barricade we can go to one of the other gates instead.

I'm sure we won't be guaranteed to run into a blocked one first and then trigger a dangerous event there for story reasons... that could never happen in an RPG.