STAR FALL: A FORUM GAME (IN PLAY)

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
They're guarded; not blocked. Think of it as a turnpike.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=pianotm
OzzyTheOne
@Piano These gates, I take it they only serve as a means of a shortcut bewteen planets, we can still fly to Malir without using a warpgate right?
No.

Well, let's put it this way. Not using jump-gates would mean traveling through normal space. So, I imagine it would mean the journey would take a matter of decades, if not centuries. However, by using jump-gates, the journey takes a matter of hours instead.

*Edit: I suppose that there is ultimately no reason for us to not accept everything on this board, and deal with things as they come. I'm still very much wary of this mission for intact Wah'ri Talon hulls, though.
pianotm
Marrend
*Edit: I suppose that there is ultimately no reason for us to not accept everything on this board, and deal with things as they come. I'm still very much wary of this mission for intact Wah'ri Talon hulls, though.

It's a standing offer. You can do it any time in the game.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
People in this bar are staring at me now. I shouldn't have come back here, especially to look at the missions. People are gonna know where I'm going, which doesn't make me feel safe.

I swear I can hear them whispering about me. They won't stop whispering. That's them, right?

I point back toward the dockyard where our ships are. I say in broken English, "Go. OK."
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
"You heard the lady guys, let's take off towards Malir and if the authorities are in the way, we'll just 'persuade' them to let us through that gate. Everyone ok with that?"

"Of course, let's first accept all of the request on this here terminal, lest our journey be pointless."
pianotm
OzzyTheOne
"You heard the lady guys, let's take off towards Malir and if the authorities are in the way, we'll just 'persuade' them to let us through that gate. Everyone ok with that?"

XD

Yeah, you're going to be thinking really hard about that "persuade" part when you see what's patrolling around the gates. My advice? You don't have any contraband. Just show your ship IDs and submit to the scans if they stop you, which they won't unless I roll a ten percent random chance, or there's pirates in range.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. If you get into a fight, you can't use a gate until hostilities end. In game reason is that all of the energy discharge from the weapons interferes with the gates.
Marrend
If by "persuade" you mean "bribe", I would like to remind you that we have 100 credits to our name. Also, I've a funny feeling that attempting such a thing would more likely land us in jail, or be attacked, more than allowing us through any faster.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I flip through my prize collection of stolen IDs. "Leeloo Dallas, multi-pass," I read out loud from one of them. I'm sure this will let us through.
pianotm
Yeah, she knows it's a multi-pass!
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Well then, pinao, whats the worst that can happen if they figure out that that multipass is stolen? If they don't notice it however, then let's off to Malir.
pianotm
I was finishing the quote, dude!

Edit: So, we've got two votes to leave Ceres. Oz, do you plan on taking up residence on Ceres or would you like to get moving?
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Oh! Well, Cerez looks rather lovely, I could live here for the rest of my life. Get married have children. Nah, I'm also ready to depart let's go then!
Marrend
Yeah, we've probably spent enough time here. Let's go, Uchioniko everyone!
pianotm
Two UAS Dauntless class carriers patrol the space above Ceres.

There are two jump points in range. One leads to Malir, the other leads to Pele.

Choose a Gate.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I say Malir and I'm pretty sure most of the guys think the same.
LockeZ
Yeah, I think we pretty much already decided that.
oddRABBIT
I feel bored. How odd.
Yeah, Malir sounds good.
pianotm
(Edit: I almost forgot. You only have enough cargo space to accept one of the delivery missions--Marrend opted to select all. Which one are you choosing?)

You head towards the first gate leading to Malir. Two Dauntless carriers are patrolling the space around it, as are two knights. The knights are giving off bounty hunter transponders.

A basic scan passes over your ships follow by a message. "You're clear to pass."

Gate 1:

It requires four gate jumps to reach Malir. You enter jump space and exit at the next gate.

Gate 2

No ships are present. You enter jumpspace.

Gate 3

You are under attack by pirates. Two Buccaneer Fighter Ships demand you hand over your cargo or be destroyed.

THE VIPER IS IN FIRING RANGE OF THE NEAREST SHIP. MARREND IS PILOTING THE VIPER. OZARDEL IS PILOTING THE GAUNTLET.

FIRE?
MOVE? UP, DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT, DIAGONAL
GIVE UP CARGO?

(Sorry for the big maps. I wanted to make sure there was plenty of room.)
LockeZ
I man the Viper's guns, letting Marrend continue to pilot it.

Someone who speaks better English should give them a rude reply. The best I can do is flick them off over the viewscreen.
Marrend
I've definitely half a mind to fight. I mean, I've probably deal with these kinds of goons before, even if I was in a different ship.