STAR FALL: A FORUM GAME (IN PLAY)

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
It's a fully established monetary system. You can store them in digital banking or you can have hard currency. For simplicity, I'm just letting you spend them wherever spending is applicable, however you keep your money.

Rylah: Katya says, "Don't even worry about it. SGB are some of my best customers, and I take care of my customers."
Ah, okay. Well, I like to keep track of things about the only thing I do not keep track of (mainly in D&D games) are Arrows and the weight of each arrow, because screw that. Way too much.

Rylah will hug Katya. She will then smile and head for the tavern.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
"Oh well, now that that's been settled, I'd say we can go to the Tavern, get some R&R. Btw cat lady, we'l be looking into your offer. Expect a word from us soon."
(Does she have anime styled cat ears? Or thundercats styled ears?)

I turn my head over to Agnelia and notice that she's still wearing that medical gown from when we met. "ᚹᚨᚾᛏ ᚾᛖᚹ ᚲᛚᛟᛞᛖᛋ?" I stutter as I try to communicate with Agnelia in this long since forgotten language.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Frustrated, I mouth what Ozardel said to myself several times before I figure out what he's trying to say. It's close enough to my language that I can kinda figure it out, but not close enough that my translation visor can figure it out, which is a nice thought but actually way more annoying than just speaking English. I sigh and point at my translation visor, and say "ENG-LISH" loudly and slowly, as though talking to a nearly deaf person.

Thinking about his question, I look down at my medical gown, tug on it a bit, and shake my head. These clothes are fine; they're loose and quiet and they fit better than anything else I've found. No shoes, but I don't really understand shoes anyway.

(...In the month and a half since we started playing, my operating system has inexplicably stopped displaying runes. They're just squares with unicode IDs in them now. Ironically, this actually makes them easier to read, but I guess I should fix it.)

author=OzzyTheOne
(Does she have anime styled cat ears? Or thundercats styled ears?)
These are the kinds of important questions we need to be asking.
pianotm
Wow! The cat obsession is real! Her ears are human ears, but they're elongated.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Looks like Katya's gonna be just fine. Relieved, I nod to both her and Rylah before leaving.

If Ozadell wants to hang in the tavern and scope out the missions (or just have a drink), that's fine. I'll might join him later on. I'm more inclined to to go the Warehouse District and sell off our cargo.

As I recall, we left the last port with, maybe, 100 or so credits. We earned some creds from bounties since then, but our cargo should give us quite a boost!
pianotm
I don't have an issue with you splitting up. I can do your parts as you make your choices.

Ozardel: When you enter the tavern, the message board rings and your name is called out. "You have a message waiting: Comm Station Nine: Urgent." Rylah also comes in behind you, cleaned up. She passes, but is more interested in something on the monitor. You can't help but notice what's broadcasting on the monitor, and the SGB logo on the back of Rylah's jacket.

Rylah: You go into the tavern, but whatever you wanted to do is knocked out of your mind by what you see on the monitor. At first, you don't take it seriously, since this news show doesn't seem to be very professional, the girl on the screen dressed as unprofessionally as imaginable, with tats and piercings all over her exposed skin. She also talks in a peculiar vernacular. Everything about the news show screams "tabloid".

"So, we got the low-down on Deimos! Our boys on the street down there sayin' the bodies belong to pirate gangmembers from the Kidds and from a minor group called the Skullgirls Brigade. It all went down just a few hours ago. Seven Kidds and four SGB got blown away, including this man!" An image of a familiar face flashes across the screen. "This pale dude called himself Hershey and I'm told he got done execution style!" Another woman appears on the screen, a blonde woman heavily scarred on one side of her face. For the most part she's pretty, but her eye is forced into a squint by the scarification. The news announcer briefly voices over. "Brigadier General Angela Devereaux had a thing to say about that." The woman could now be heard. "--High capacity, specialized projectiles, otherwise the army wouldn't even be involved in this. Unfortunately, this is the sort of thing that happens on planets like Deimos where criminal organizations are in charge. It's obvious that the four SGB bodies were the victims of a massacre and the Kidds deaths were clearly retaliation. If anyone has any information leading to arrests in this incident, Paladin Station is offering a substantial reward."

Lintis: Walking into the customs building at the Warehouse District, you you see an exchange board.

Available for purchase or sale.
Grain: 38 per unit
Purified Water: 18
Iron: 7
Factory droids: 150
Copper: 16
Welding Tools: 22
Sheet Metal: 8
Standard Tools: 12
Whiskey: 25
Rum: 20
Whiskey with Cream: 40
Riddled with emotions I will punch a nearby wall as hard as possible. Taking a sit at the bar I point at the bottle of rum hoping the bartender will understand.
pianotm
Rylah: You've punched a hole in the wall. It really doesn't seem to care. Bad news: your hand suddenly swells to twice its normal size. The bartender doesn't seem to care, but when you ask for rum, the bartender asks for your ID.
I pull out a fake ID that I stole some time ago and show it to him.
pianotm
Rylah: He doesn't even look at the ID. He pours a glass of rum for you.
I take a large sip of the rum and do not stop until it is all gone.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I tap Rylah on the shoulder, "Did you know them well? Get used to losing friends, such is life for people like us." I becon the bartender and ask for a mere glass of water.

"Any idea what your friends did do deserve such an... undesirable death?"
I will merely take another sip of the rum and nod my head to the question of that I knew them.
pianotm
Oz, are you going to answer that message?

Edit: I think I'm going to set up a few QuickTopix for private messages and events.
author=pianotm
Edit: I think I'm going to set up a few QuickTopix for private messages and events.

Sounds cool.
Marrend
Okay, unless I'm mistaken, we've got 250 credits to our name, and the 250 units of Grain we transported will get us 9,500 more. So, 9,750 in total.

We've a mission to deliver 100 units of Iron Plates to Ceres from Milar. Since we're at Milar, I assume we could pick up 100 units of Iron for 7 credits a pop to fulfill that, but, piano can correct me on this point. We've also got a mission to deliver 100 units of Purified Water to Deimos, and I don't see anything about where it needs to come from. I note the price for Purified Water was 8 credits per unit at Ceres, so, it might be more appropriate to take the Iron to Ceres first, then pick up the Purified Water there to take to Deimos.

With that plan, this leaves us with 9,050 for buying/selling upgrades, re-stocking missiles, buying/selling ships, or what-have-you.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Intruder Alert!

So, uh, since pianotm tried to bully me into joining politely remind me that I intended to participate in this game, I might join you all in your misadventures soon.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
We ran into two groups of enemies plus a partial blockade on the way here, and we'll probably run into a similar number of obstacles on the way back, so I really think it's a bad idea to make an extra trip with an empty cargo bay just for a slightly better deal. There'd have to be something we could buy here and sell for a profit on Ceres for it to be worthwhile.

There might also be other new missions posted here that we could find. Check the job console for potential missions.
Marrend
Hrm. Looking at both commodity exchanges, the only items both Ceres and Milar share on their listings is Purified Water, Grain, and Whiskey. Of those items, it's possible we can make a small profit on Whiskey: it sells here for 25 per unit while it sells there for 30 per unit. I'm not sure how much prices can vary, though!