STAR FALL: A FORUM GAME (IN PLAY)

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well that's how much we can buy it for. Doesn't mean we can sell it for the same price.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Didn't think about that. I guess it depends how much this game mirrors Wing Commander - Privateer, and it's ilk. With those games, there is usually no difference in cost when you're trying to buy a good from a planet/base versus selling it. For example, we should be able to re-buy that Grain at 38 credits per unit if we really wanted to (we don't).
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Don't forget guys, Katya has something she wants to hire you for. After selling cargo, I'd check with her.

Also, Marrend, I've been updating your character sheets after each expenditure and bounty and my count is at 175 cr. per person. When you first bought everything, you spent down to 25 cr. per person. Okay! I see where your math is coming from.

EDIT: Also, you're correct about how buying and selling in this game works.
After hammering down five bottles of rum I will see what job she has. I write down on a piece of paper:
"Whatever the job is Katya I will do it for free. I just have one question."
Marrend
Were the bounties that were paid out on a per person basis? I might not have caught that. WELP!

*Edit: I definitely recall seeing that our first bounty was 50, and the second must have been 100. If that was per-person, the first bounty earned us a total of 200 credits, and the other would earn us a total of 400 credits for a grand total of 600 credits. Plus the 9,500 from the Grain for a total of 10,100 credits. Though, at least 700 credits would probably go to the Iron, as stated before, and we'd be left with 9,400 credits to mess with our ships.
pianotm
author=Marrend
Were the bounties that were paid out on a per person basis? I might not have caught that. WELP!

*Edit: I definitely recall seeing that our first bounty was 50, and the second must have been 100. If that was per-person, the first bounty earned us a total of 200 credits, and the other would earn us a total of 400 credits for a grand total of 600 credits. Plus the 9,500 from the Grain for a total of 10,100 credits. Though, at least 700 credits would probably go to the Iron, as stated before, and we'd be left with 9,400 credits to mess with our ships.

Yes, it's on an individual basis. Bounties are divided from their full value to split among participants in battle. UAS pays for the destruction of Wah'ri raiders on a per person basis, so all team members will always get 50 cr. per person, per raider destroyed.

As for credits in inventory, 25 plus 50 is 75, followed by plus 100 comes to 175, and that is per person. Four people, so far, so that comes to 700 cr. (I did the math on an individual basis, and then gave everyone the same numbers so that I didn't mess it up.)

I'm just going to assume you've sold the grain. So you have an additional 2,375 per person or 9,500 total.
author=pianotm
author=Marrend

Yes, it's on an individual basis. Bounties are divided from their full value to split among participants in battle. UAS pays for the destruction of Wah'ri raiders on a per person basis, so all team members will always get 50 cr. per person, per raider destroyed.

As for credits in inventory, 25 plus 50 is 75, followed by plus 100 comes to 175, and that is per person. Four people, so far, so that comes to 700 cr. (I did the math on an individual basis, and then gave everyone the same numbers so that I didn't mess it up.)

I'm just going to assume you've sold the grain. So you have an additional 2,375 per person or 9,500 total.

I am slightly a bit confused. I take it though that there no point in me trying to figure it out. Of course, I am sure my character Rylah would understand.
Marrend
Selling off the Grain is probably a good assumption! Though, I kinda think we can figure out what our cargo looks like after I visit Starship's Unlimited and check out their inventory.

*Edit: I figure we can at least restock on Stingers for the Viper. Unless we're trading the Viper for something else? We might have the money for it. Though, the thought has occurred to me of the possibility that both Rylah and Katya will join our little group, and need their own ship. Though, Katya might have her own, but, I don't know that.
pianotm
Katya is not joining the group. She's a business contact with side story arcs for you to follow.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Instantly after drinking my glass of water, I head over to terminal 9. Let's hope this message is truly as urgent as it is. I only hope my female companion isn't gone by the time I'm ready, I think we could use someone like her in our little group.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Alright, where can I check the available jobs? Here at the tavern right? In case that Rylah is still around, I'd like to ask her how we can find her friend for tht job offer she gave us.
author=OzzyTheOne
Alright, where can I check the available jobs? Here at the tavern right? In case that Rylah is still around, I'd like to ask her how we can find her friend for tht job offer she gave us.

Rylah already left to see Katya.

She is really quiet when it comes to leaving. You could always put a bell around her neck haha. Kidding.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Oh well, seeing as Rylah left, I go to Starships unlimited, after checking the available jobs and deciding which ones to do of course.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Didn't we want to take them to a clinic at some point?
Marrend
I thought we already took both Katya and Rylah to the clinic? I mean, Katya gave us a mission opportunity as well as a scan-blocker, while Rylah's scuttering about as if there was no opening FMV ruckus when we landed.
pianotm
Lintis: This store seems to have a few more items in stock, including a high grade military starship.

Parts and Components:

Laser (main) Weapons:
Crystal Laser 250 cr.
Gatling Laser 400 cr.
Quartz Laser 1000 cr.
Garnet Laser 2000 cr.
Cobalt Laser 3000 cr.
Sapphire Laser 3500 cr.

Missiles and Torpedoes (secondary weapons):

Flares 25 cr.
Proximity Mines 50 cr.
Needle Missiles 50 cr.
Breaker Missiles 75 cr.
Frag Mines 100 cr.
Stinger Missiles 100 cr.
Paladin Missiles 200 cr.
EMP Mines 250 cr.
Titan Missiles 500 cr.

Shields:

Basic Shields 300 cr.
Ion Shields 600 cr.
Wave Shields 1000 cr.
Particle Shields 2000 cr.
Meta Shields 2500 cr.
Particle Shields 3000 cr.

Armor:

Standard Armor 300 cr.
Fiber Armor 600 cr.
Micro Armor 1000 cr.
Plate Armor 2000 cr.
Filament Armor 2500 cr.

Engines:

A21 Physics 750 cr.
JR1 Roberts 800 cr.
LDK118 Centauri 800 cr.
9A11 Conrad 2000 cr.
F211 Conrad Industries 2500 cr.
A44 Physics 3000 cr.
J19 Paladin 4000 cr.
FL221 Conrad Ind. 4500 cr.
XJR21 Sterns 6000 cr.

Upgrade Components:

Speed Booster (3 uses between refueling: doubles speed for 5 turns) 1500 cr.
Sensors (can detect enemy capabilities) 2000 cr.
Scan Blocker (Hides cargo. If caught using this, bounty hunters and UAS Ships will attack.) 5000 cr.
Power Booster (Increases laser power by 2 for five turns. Repair will be required.) 2500 cr.
Shield Guard (prevents shields from being damaged upon depletion). 1500 cr.
Engine Guard (Prevents Engine from being damaged in combat). 1500 cr.

Physics L14 Arrow:

Weight:
Shield: Standard Shields
Armor: Standard Armor
Weapon: Crystal Laser
Engine: A21 Physics Engine (speed is 6)
Cargo Space: 60
Missile capacity: 4
Upgrade slots: 4
Seats: 1

Basic starter craft for the game. Fast and agile, it can handle the ordinary pirates and Wah'ri you'll meet. It comes with Physics' smallest engine and the basic equipment.

2500 Credits

Roberts Y-80 Corsair:

Weight:
Shield: Ion Shields
Armor: Fiber Armor
Engine: JR1 Roberts (speed is 6)
Cargo Space: 60

Basic starter craft for the game. A little better than the Physics Arrow, but the Arrow can be upgraded to a larger engine and better weapons than the Corsair is capable of equipping.

2750 Credits

Centauri Marauder

Weight:
Weapon: Gatling Laser
Engine: LDK118 Centauri Engine (speed is 6)
Cargo Space: 80

Starter craft used by Helium.

2800 cr.

Conrad H108 Viper:

Weight:
Engine: 9A11 Conrad (speed is 5)
Cargo Space: 80
Upgrade slots: 6
Seats: 2

Basic starter craft for the game. Heavier and slower than the Corsair or the Arrow. It has better cargo capacity and more upgrade slots. Can be operated solo or with a co-pilot. Will not maneuver as quickly as the Corsair or the Arrow.

3000 Credits

More advanced ships:

Roberts X81 Mustang:

Weight:
Weapon: J19 Paladin (speed is 7)
Engine: Gatling Laser
Cargo Space: 140
Missile capacity: 6
Upgrade slots: 6

A racing vehicle. Can upgrade to a relatively moderate output engine. Not really favored by career merchants due to it's moderate cargo capacity. This is better for bounty hunting...or activities of a less legal bent.

7500 Credits

Physics 181 Berserker:

Weight:
Armor: Micro Armor
Engine: A68 Physics (speed is 6)
Weapons: Quartz Laser
Cargo Space: 180
Missile Capacity: 8
Upgrade Slots: 8

This is a lumbering monster. It takes a relatively large engine to push this craft and it has a poor turn ratio, but what it lacks in speed and maneuverability, it makes up for in armor and firepower. Requires a gunner.

11,000 Credits

Restored Gauntlet:

Weight:
Shield: Wave Shields
Engine: JR1 Roberts (Speed is 4)
Weapons: Gatling Laser
Cargo Space: 300
Missile capacity: 6
Upgrade slots: 8

This was a popular ship, back in the day. It's been fully restored. It comes with its factory standard engine, but the mechanic decided to equip it with its best systems. If you want to upgrade its weapons or shields, you'll have to upgrade the engine: its equipping is already maxed out. These were a favorite of merchants. Not as maneuverable as, say, the Arrow or the Corsair, but it handles well enough.

9,500 Credits

Conrad Knight XR2

Weight:
Shields: Particle Shields
Armor: Micro Armor
Engine: FL221 Conrad (speed is 8)
Weapons: Quartz Laser
Cargo Space: 100
Missile Capacity: 8
Upgrade Slots: 8

A favorite of bounty hunters. Conrad designed these for military use, but the UAS Star Navy ended up favoring the Roberts Excaliburs as single fighters and the Sterns Imperions as heavy fighters. Highly maneuverable and heavily armed.

12,000 Credits

Brigadier

Weight: 600
Shields: Particle Shields
Armor: Plate Armor
Engine: XJR21 Sterns (speed is 12)
Weapons: Diamond Laser
Cargo Space: 600
Missile Capacity: 12
Upgrade Slots: 12
Seats: 4

A beast of a machine; she can outgun military corvettes.

50,000 credits
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Wow, how the heck is it legal to sell something as powerfull as a Brigadier? The UAS should be more worried about this than about the Wah'ri threat XD.
author=OzzyTheOne
Wow, how the heck is it legal to sell something as powerfull as a Brigadier? The UAS should be more worried about this than about the Wah'ri threat XD.

That Brigadier is a pilot's and engineer's wet dream xD I say we steal it! (kidding)
Marrend
Well, re-stocking the two Stingers LockeZ fired is only going to be 200 credits, and I doubt there would be much debate on that point. We could fill up all the missile slots with Stingers on each of our current ships for... 800 credits, I think? Minus the minimum cargo of 100 Iron, I think that would take us to 8700 credits total? That's still quite a lot of wiggle room!

*Edit: The Brigadier might be this game's Centurion/Freij Mk II.
pianotm
Welcome NeverSilent to the game!

Helium: You are currently on Malir looking for Katya. She's the one you owed the debt to (mentioned in your intro), and you're hoping she has some work for you.

(Actually, there's one ship that can be purchased that has more potential capability than the Brigadier. It's called Excalibur and in theory, if you trick it out, you could stand up to a full size battleship, even if you couldn't actually outgun it (The Relentless class cruiser...I haven't come up with a good pic for her, which is why you're only seeing the Dauntless carriers.) (Dauntless is another story: there's nothing in the game that outguns a Dauntless--in addition to having the strongest shields, and a compliment of 40 Titan missiles, the Dauntless also carries a squadron of 16 Imperions).)