STAR FALL: A FORUM GAME (IN PLAY)

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Check my messages.

...Who could even know how to contact me?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
The mail-in rebate of 300 credits from Conrad Industries? I guess we could use that for the missile re-stock. As to how they could have gotten our contact info, the only possibility I can think of is that they somehow traced the purchase on Ceres.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=pianotm
(You don't have to. Your character sheet's in the OP...a little edited to hide your identity.)

(I meant more in the sense of physical appearance and such. After looking at Rylah's character sheet, I realised I never gave any details on that.)

I squint at the young woman in front of me and look into her eyes suspiciously, trying to find any indication as to whether she is being genuine, or just making up a sob story to trick me into lowering my guard. Noticing no sign of deceit on her face after a few seconds, I visibly take a less reserved stance and say:
"Ah, sorry to hear that. I guess I can relate... Well, what's your name, anyway? You can just call me "Helium." So you got involved in some trouble, yes? Katya, you think it's safe to talk here without risking anyone eavesdropping on us?"

Although the fact that this woman is apparently unable to speak caught me a little off guard, I try not to act surprised or talk any differently than I normally would.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
As part of the ship's security, they can't operate unless the ship ID number is tied to a User ID acquired through your citizen IDs. Since Agnelia is the purchaser and Lintis is the pilot, that means you both registered as owners. That information goes into the UAS network, which you can't use without a User ID. Whenever a ship docks, that information is sent to the network, which is how you can receive messages planet to moon to planet. It's used for theft prevention (as always, there's ways around this for the industrious thief) and companies use it to send out the occasional junk mail, but corrupt elements in the system might secretly use it to track a person's information, even though the system wasn't designed for that.
author=NeverSilent
(I meant more in the sense of physical appearance and such. After looking at Rylah's character sheet, I realised I never gave any details on that.)

(i just tend to get into character creation like that. haha)

I will write down on another piece of paper.
"Rylah Senira. If you are worried about people eavesdropping I can watch the outside to make sure that no one is eavesdropping. If it makes you feel better."
Marrend
So that's how it works. Hrm. Good to know.

*Edit: Am I seriously the only person uncomfortable with this idea of stealing that Brigadier?
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
I can see unease in the eyes of our Mercenary: "Calm down Lintis, the Brigadier will be a huge help in our goal! Whatever the heck that goal shall be. It is a calculated risk worth taking. Besides, Agnelia hasn't stopped babbling about the Brigadier ever since she saw it one the offer screen, either we do it together or she'll do it alone. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want her to get herself killed ya know!"
Marrend
I know, I know. I suppose it would also be nice to know where Kasady stands on this issue. We're definitely going to need his help if we're going to pull this off!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
...I wonder how I got a citizen ID. I guess probably when I was getting my synthetic ear replacements.

I think I would be a good choice to wander around the shipyard scouting its layout. I can hide easily, and if someone finds me I can start crying and pretend I'm lost. I can draw the layout as I look around. I head to the shipyard.
pianotm
It doesn't necessarily have to be your ID (industrious thieves and such). You said you have several fake IDs.
LockeZ
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=BlackWolf1992
(i just tend to get into character creation like that. haha)

(As far as I'm concerned, that's a good thing.)

"Nah, it's fine, Rylah. Let's just not get into the specifics here in this room, okay? When we're done here, we can go meet your companions and discuss the details."
I turn to Katya and say: "All right, I'll take your job. Anything I need to know before I go talk to the other people I'll be working with?"

(By the way, pianotm: Based on the above discussion, I imagine I'd have at least one fake ID myself, right?)
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Knock knock? Are we still playing, or has the game gone on hiatus and I didn't notice?
Marrend
I was kinda waiting to see what Kasady had to say about the plans for this heist. If he's not interested, I'm not sure where those plans would go, as we don't necessarily know Rylah's an engineer.

OOC aside: I mean, if odd wants to drop, that's fine. Stuff happens.
pianotm
There's no solid decision on what anyone wants to do yet. We've got at least one that's agreed to take Katya's job, but so far, we're hung up on stealing a spaceship.
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Oh, I thought I had been clear enough with waht I wanted to do. I want to take the job that Katya offered us and after that I think we should steal the Brigadier.
I was waiting to see what everyone else was going to do. Maybe we should skip stealing the ship and bring the party together for the sake of the story?
LockeZ
We're just in the information gathering phase of both things right now, so I don't think it's dangerous at all to split up, as long as we meet back at the bar once we've learned more. I'm already heading to the spacedocks and no one else really needs to follow me. The rest of you can go meet with Katya and NeverSilent and interacting while I'm gone, or there might be other useful info for some of you to gather.
pianotm
Okay.

Agnelia: You enter through the front door and find yourself in the main terminal (Like an airport). As you wander around, you're mostly ignored. For passenger ships, there are weapons detectors and guards, but terminals for privately owned ships have no such security measures. Still, there are guards that an intruder would have to contend with. Working your way around, you find yourself in what looks like might be loading docks. These lead directly into the private ship hangers, and one of those hangers has a sign label for "Ships Unlimited".
LockeZ
My plan is to draw a basic map of the hangar as I go, but since you're the one who knows what this place looks like, I'm not really sure how that would work out. If you want you can PM me one and I'll redraw it in the style of a ten year old to share with the others, lol. Or maybe some other method would work better. You can just describe it if that's easier.

Anyway, look into the Ships Unlimited hangar to see if there are private guards, and try to pick out a place I'll be able to hide once I'm inside.