STAR FALL: A FORUM GAME (IN PLAY)

OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
(I totally love Heliums reaction, it seems I managed to fool her and make her believe that I truly am a dumm dumm, while in reality I could kill her this instant in at least 4 diferent ways.)

"Alright, sorry, but taking from your reaction, my first guess was the right one, yes? I'm good at this!" I smirk at Helium after making that remark. (In the hopes of agitating her even more)
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
"Are you trying to play some sort of mind game with me, wise guy?! I'm trying to save your hide here. If this is your way of leading a team, why should I tell you anything?"
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
"Hey hey hey, no need to get agitated"
I try to make them hug... I roll 9 for Strength.
(this could go badly)
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
"Alrgiht, alright, I'm sorry. I just tend to make bad jokes when I feel under pressure (totally a lie). I'm just trying to calm myself down a little. Go on."
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
"Okay, okay... Just don't pull that kind of crap on me again, Ozardel, now's not a good time for that.

Alright. CentauriCorp. Dirty bunch of corrupt, murderous scumbags. They produce tech and weapons and stuff. Whatever, the point is: They work together with the Wah'ri. And not just selling humanity out by providing 'em with weapons and spaceships. It's pretty clear they make a profit off scared people whose parts of the galaxy have been attacked by Wah'ri, too.

But the weirdest part is: I've been attacked by Wah'ri spaceships that had human pilotes in 'em. And they used CentauriCorp engines and computers. So either they're sendin' out pirates disguised like that to make people believe there's a Wah'ri threat that isn't real, so they can scare people into buying more weapons. Or... they might even be helpin' the Wah'ri in their war against us.

And because of this knowledge, CentauriCorp ruined my life. And they're gonna pay for it."

I let out an audible sigh. Hopefully this wasn't a mistake.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
(Wait a minute: NeverSilent had an Edgar Allen Poe avatar yesterday, now he has K-9 as a toaster... NeverSilent is Poe Toaster confirmed.)
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
(It's actually the toaster dog from Secret of Evermore. I don't know who/what K-9 is, to be honest. I love the pun, though.)
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
(K-9 was the robot dog that was in Doctor Who through the 70s. Seeing that image, it's glaringly obvious that the SoE toaster dog was directly inspired by K-9.)

(Also, the Poe Toaster is no pun. It's a real person. Ever since Poe's death, someone has left a rose on his grave every year on his birthday. Nobody's ever seen him, and there have been vigils to catch him, but somehow, whoever he/she/they--they, most likely, given how long ago Poe died--is, they always manages to leave the rose unseen.)
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
(Neat! I didn't know any of that. Thanks for the info.
Also, while you did use "Poe Toaster" to make a pun in this context, I was actually just referring to the name K-9. Brilliant name for a robot dog.)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Things are clicking a little bit in my head.

"You know, I've heard rumors of a real effort to make peace with the Wah'ri. However, another rumor I've heard is that there's internal strife within the military that wants nothing more than the war to continue. Now, call me crazy, but, if it's true that there's a pro-war faction, maybe they are working in conjunction with Centari Corp to help push their agenda?"
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
"Lintis... Holy crap! You remember what that Buccaneer said? That he got the tip to come to the place where they fought us from an army guy?!

If you're thinkin' what I'm thinkin'... we might be real deep in trouble."
Marrend
"Well, if the two are in cahoots, we're going to need really, really good evidence to back that up, and get that evidence to the right people. Not to mention doing so with an active bounty on our heads, courtesy of this pro-war faction."
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
"Pff. You do what you want, Lintis. But I don't care about collecting evidence or exposing anyone. Even if we were to find incriminating stuff and bring it to the authorities, CentauriCorp would just pay 'em off. And then the only ones who exposed themselves would be us, easy prey.

No. The only thing I care about is seeing CentauriCorp burn! I'm going to wipe them off the face of this galaxy, no matter what! And if I gotta go through the military or the Wah'ri for that, fine!"

I jump up and start walking up and down the room, fists clenched, and my whole body visibly trembling.
Marrend
Huh. I did not expected that.
I will write down on my holo pad digital pad:
"If there is one thing I have learned it is this: You cannot trust the authorities. Everything must be done outside the law."
"As much as I'd like to see this mess solved as quickly as possible, I'm pretty sure that if it was as simple as throwing stingers at them you'd already had it solved by now Hellium."

"That said, pretty sure the evidence and stuff won't work easy either, there's serious money one the line and the process would last more than our lives, one way or another, unless we had some brigadier sized proof, let's keep this discussion a bit longer and sort this out."
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
"You're too distrusting of the authorities. While what Lintis said could be true, that there could be a pro war faction, the oposite should also be there. There's probably an anti war faction that should be able to help us in this matter, should we manage to figure out who they are and contact them. Also, destroying an entire corportation without any kind of legal move agasint them will be impossible Helium, no matter what way you look at it. Even if you were to kill all the head executives, they're just going to get replaced, and physically destroying CentauriCorp will also be impossible. I can understand you're deep hatred for CentauriCorp, but of what I've heard from you until now, you'll get yourself killed before you can even lay a finger on them. Never make choices based on vengeance and revenge, it'll kill you."

I hope that this will calm her down a little.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
"You're in no position to give me life lessons, Ozardel. I'm not forcing you to help me, though we'll likely get into situations where you'll have no other choice sooner rather than later. I'm not dumb enough to expect reaching my goal easily or quickly, either. But if and when I find an opportunity to cause damage to CentauriCorp, I will take it. And you're not gonna stop me.

That being said, at least you and Wimble seem to be thinkin' in the right directions here. If looking into that whole Wah'ri business or searching for the right contacts can help give us more information or possible allies against CentauriCorp, I'm all for it. Right now, I'd say we finish up that mission for Katya first. From the looks of it, it might be connected to all this, too. And with the money we make off of that, we can get our hands on better equipment or more expensive intel. What d'ya say?"
I'm struck by surprise when Hellium names Katya, there is one more piece to fit and I don't know where, but guess I know how to find out.
"Sounds good. If a bounty really takes place we will have big guns on our six in no time, so we'd better be prepared for it."

"Regarding the anti-war faction it does exist, stumbled into them while searching for my carrier and ended up hire to investigate it's disappearance, no clue on how much they know, but at least they are aware that someone internal is playing around.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I don't have a lot to add to this conversation. However, now that the talk about Wah'ri seems to be over, I take Lynx by the hand and point at my head.

"Bug? Comp..compatible?" I ask privately, struggling to pronounce the word and not really sure of its meaning, but looking very concerned.