STERRANCE ADVENTURE!

Pages: first prev 123 next last
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=unity
Ask what is the goal of an adventure! :D

"The goal? My dear Ms. Sterrance, an adventure is its own goal! Or, looking at it in a different fashion, the adventurer is the one who determines its goal. You must follow the dictates of your duty. Only then can you determine what it is you are meant to accomplish in your quest."

author=Kloe
And then trade the icecream for his assistance in your quest!

"...Madam, that foodstuff is several times larger than I am, and not formed of insects. I fear it would do me no good whatsoever."

"Sorry."

"Oh, think nothing of it. I'm certain you will find a use for it. Seldom does one find an adventurer who collects objects of no use! If it is in your inventory, it will doubtless prove advantageous to you at some point. And, of course, so long as it remains within your inventory, it will never spoil or melt, remaining ever pristine!"

"Oh, neat. Well, how can I get you to come help?"

"Ah, I'm afraid I can offer no aid but information, and that merely about this area. I have never felt the call to adventure; my own calling has been as a counselor of sorts.
"Have you any further questions?"
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I love this.
"Is there anyone who wants to eat me here?"
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=Kylaila
"Is there anyone who wants to eat me here?"

"In town? I can't imagine such a thing! No, most of the settlements in this world are quite peaceful and friendly to adventurers. Perhaps if you meet a monster on the road...
"Ah, as this is your first adventure, I would recommend you find a method of attack and defense."

"I can't just run away and hide? I'm very good at that."

"Heavens, no! That would be quite the uninteresting adventure, indeed. You'll need to learn to fight."

"That's more than whining when someone gets near you, isn't it?"

"Quite so. Most adventurers prefer either magical or physical attacks. If you wish to try them out for yourself, you can find a shop for each in this town.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
"Where do you think i might find a weapon?"
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Equip the ice cream mace.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
This is the coolest.
Ask him about the golden lettuce.
Sooz
author=Mirak
"Where do you think i might find a weapon?"

"The path to the left will lead you to both the physical and magical shops. The former will be first; the latter lies past the cornfields. I must add, as a warning, that the farmers will not be pleased if you eat their crops."

"That's okay. I don't really eat corn much. I like carrots and lettuce and grass and grapes."

author=LockeZ
Equip the ice cream mace.

Sterrance ponders how to equip an ice cream cone, then gives up, because she is not very bright. Possibly this is not an actual mace, but a normal ice cream cone.

author=Cap_H
This is the coolest.
Ask him about the golden lettuce.

"Ah, you have heard of it, then?"

"My duty tells me of it. Is that my goal?"

"Perhaps, though it would be a very small goal, indeed!"

"Perhaps you have heard of Golden Rice?"

"No. I don't really like starches."

"The Golden Lettuce is similar: magically altered to increase one of your traits if you eat it."

"Is it delicious?"

"I suppose you would enjoy it. I couldn't venture an opinion, for, to my kind, lettuce is merely a temporary housing, not a foodstuff.
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Where is the nearest place where someone really wants an icecream in retern for something cool? Oh and where can we get a cool training montage filmed?
Sooz
author=Kloe
Where is the nearest place where someone really wants an icecream in retern for something cool? Oh and where can we get a cool training montage filmed?

"That seems like a rather specific question. Remember, the idea of an adventure is to make new discoveries and find one's own path. I cannot map your entire adventure out beforehand! You must find things under your own power."
Sooz
Sterrance looks confused for a moment. Time seems to have repeated itself, almost as though some bonehead pressed the post button twice.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
How does one fight monsters?
Rubbish. On to adventure! Let's hit the weapons store and ask there.
Mirak
"Ok thank you mr. i'll go on my way now".
Sooz
author=pianotm
How does one fight monsters?

"An interesting conundrum, that. I believe it was the philosopher Friedrice Nitzshe who said, 'Beware that, when fighting monsters-'"

author=Kylaila
Rubbish. On to adventure! Let's hit the weapons store and ask there.

DUTY CALLS! Sterrance rudely shakes Sir Skitterbottom III from her muzzle and heads to the left. The displaced spider retrieves his hat and returns to his bush, understanding that such discourtesies are to be expected and forgiven when dealing with someone on an adventure; they are rarely entirely in control of their actions.

That looks like a weapons store.

Yep. Definitely a weapons store.
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Buy an small icecream mace
We need to ask about weapons first though. Can we even wield them? Would magic be more suitable?
And can we get horse armor?
Sooz
author=Kloe
Buy an small icecream mace

"Psst! Hey! Hey, buddy!"

"Over here!"

"Oh, hello."

"Eyyy, howzitgoin? Ya lookin' for anything in particular?"

"It is my duty to buy an small icecream mace."

"Eyyy, you're in luck, buddy! Check the case in front of ya!"

That is definitely ice cream mace.

ka-ching!

"Pleasure doin' business witcha, buddy! Anything else I can get ya?"

author=Kylaila
We need to ask about weapons first though. Can we even wield them? Would magic be more suitable?
And can we get horse armor?

"I probably should have asked if I could wield it beforehand."

"Eyyy, tough luck for you, buddy! That there's a single use item, not an equippable item!"

"Oh, dear. Can I wield anything in this store? Would magic be more suitable?"

"Eyyy, I can't tell ya that, buddy. You gotta figure that stuff out for yourself. I can tell ya you'll probably find the kinda stuff you can work with further in the store. I keeps all the single-use stuff up front. That's the real sellers, ya know?"

"Further in." Sterrance feels some comfort at this; she prefers small, enclosed spaces, where condors and hands cannot swoop down to snatch her.

"Oh! Also, can I get horse armor?"

"Eyyy, buddy, you're in luck! Just got a shipment in yesterday! That's also further back. Go ahead and look around."

Two aisles diverged in a yellow store
and technically you can travel both
and be okay, but that's a bore
and doing pics would be a chore
so now let us all swear an oath

To just pick one and check that out
and find some items to equip
I swear to God it's just about
the same and I will never flout
your wish for Sterrance to get shit

So here's a poll for y'all to vote
because democracy is cool
I'll leave it up a day or so;
whatever way is the result
will happen; that's the rule.

VOTE HERE

something something and that has made all the difference.
Mirak
wtf does going to a monstero mean?
in any case left and right are tied.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Pages: first prev 123 next last