[RMVX ACE] WHAT'S A GOOD STEAM RESOLUTION FOR RMVXA GAMES?

Pages: 1
Yo! I'm planning to release a game on Steam in the future and I'm wondering if you guys have any tips on a reasonable resolution for an Ace game that's "okay" enough for the Steam community.

The default one is 544 x 416 and the highest I can get with Yanfly's Core script is 640 x 480 (I believe you can't go higher than that without hacking actual engine/exe). Should I go for the highest one available or something in between?

I'm personally not very fond of the default "boxed-in" resolution that occurs when a game runs in full-screen. I do think that screen resolutions that are like 640 x Y (for example: 416) and Z (for example: 544) x 480 are completely fine though.

Maybe it would be simpler to just ask you guys what resolution you prefer personally. Well, the reason why I'm asking specifically about the Steam community is because that's the only place where I've seen a decent amount of people complaining about Ace's default resolution.

Feel free to answer this both with your personal preferences and what you think the Steam community prefer (if you have any experience/knowledge, that is).
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Your biggest obstacle will be that it was created with RPG Maker, not the screen resolution.
Use the Fullscreen++ script. It's free for commercial use and will help mitigate the number of complaints you get. It has a function that can expand the screen to a 2x ratio.
author=kory_toombs
Your biggest obstacle will be that it was created with RPG Maker, not the screen resolution.

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to tackle one thing at the time.

author=SgtMettool
Use the Fullscreen++ script. It's free for commercial use and will help mitigate the number of complaints you get. It has a function that can expand the screen to a 2x ratio.

Thanks! I'll try it out.
Vandriette
"The purpose of life is to end." -Agent Smith
My game is running at a super stable 975p resolution. So, you can make visually appealing games without compatability loss. Though, it takes alot of hard work, isn't free(not expensive either) and it works best with parallax maps.
Pages: 1