2016 MISAOS (FIN)

author=TungerManU
Blank Dream is from 2015 though :/

Having played a few of this year's games recently, I must say there are some really good games that not many people have played.
The Lone Chameleon, 34 downloads, is a pretty cool puzzle game with some interesting gameplay mechanics and good level design. My personal pick for the Technical Prowess and Puzzle Design categories so far.
Three Ghostly Roses by zDS, 94 downloads, very polished and all around great game. I currently have it nominated for Best Setting and Game of the Year, among other things. (I only just started playing Soma Spirits so who knows.)

e: If anyone knows any fan games from this year other than Back to Felix and/or any good games that use rips, please suggest them. Those are the only two categories I don't have filled out yet :)

There's that TMNT fangame and my FFIV fangame if you're looking for suggestions. =)
For gams with rips Tunger Man try this month's featured game, Everlong. It's takes long to finish it(lol), but it gets pretty fun within the first hour. It's recently been redone/revamped by the creator btw.

author=SgtMettool
So hey, has anyone else tried Flatwoods? I think it's deserving of a few nominations.

Your too kind. ;3;

author=JRibbons
Just nominated Flatwoods. I'll have to review it so it stands a chance!

Thanks for nominating The Ledge for best Shamalama-ding-dong!

I am looking forward to it! Its certainly done a lot better on every site that it was submitted to that wasnt rpgmaker.net for some reason, ha ha.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
It's because we're elitist assholes.
My game did great on RMN and bombed everywhere else. The internet is a curious place.
I'm so far behind that RMN is the only place I know of to submit lol.
author=SgtMettool
My game did great on RMN and bombed everywhere else. The internet is a curious place.

I guess it also depends on how well you are known in the community, you have been making quality stuff here for quite some time, i'm only new. Likewise Flatwoods had over 29k playthrough's on Newgrounds where I have been submitting content for almost 12 years.

author=zDS
I'm so far behind that RMN is the only place I know of to submit lol.

Itch.io is the only other one I really know of, that and steam obviously. Now ive played over an hour of Three Ghostly Roses I can say I could have happily paid a few bucks for it on either Steam or Itch.io, though I know actually getting the word out about a game is the hard part in the end.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Just reminding everyone that time is running out for nominations.
I just went through my reviews I submitted this year and decided who
to nominate in a couple of categories.

Make sure to do your part.

Edit:

When the nominations are confirmed I will make a playlist and edit the original post.
Thanks for the heads-up!
I haven't played too many (noteworthy) games this year, but I will nominate what I can : )
author=kory_toombs
When the nominations are confirmed I will make a playlist and edit the original post.

I'll be recording short gameplay videos of those nominated games as well! So stay tuned!
Have I already made nominations/votes in my profile, or do I need to post them aomewhere?
SunflowerGames

You need to go to the game page and find a button that says nominate.
It's near the top beside the subscribe button.
If it's blacked out the game doesn't qualify.

Usually games with 2 or more nominations will be considered for the voting round which will begin sometime next year. This is usually up to Kentona. During this period there will be a separate page for voting. I will continue to use this thread for winner predictions however.

Looking forward to seeing the nominations in a few days! I'm hopeful for FF4AD to get a nod. =D
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Well, as much as I would love nominations for my games, I'm inclined to think that weird and fortunate Misoas could be happening.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
I dunno. There's a really, really solid contender for Most Promising Demo this year.

I may just end up flipping a coin at the last minute.
SunflowerGames

The nomination process is over. I will be creating a playlist of nominated games and adding them once Kentona has made them public. I will also give further details about voting and the cut off date once that info is released.

There are 645 nominations.
Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
GET READY BOIIS

WILL THERE BE A COUNTDOWN? TY
Today is the day.

They cometh.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
author=SgtMettool
Today is the day.

They come.

Fixed
I wanted to give all of my votes to the incredible hidden gem: Final Fantasy: Blackmoon Prophecy, but for some reason, I was unable to access its nomination page. :/