PYRAMID_HEAD'S WRITING.

Pages: 1
So I have this silly idea in my head that I want to be an author. And in between writing my best selling sci-fi novel. I occasionally write short horror stories. I'd like to share little snippets of my writing with you folk. This first excerpt is from a planned anthology of stories collectively called 'The Black Shapes of Space'

Since mankind had developed the intelligence to use tools, we have often said many times in jest that we would bring about our own destruction. The two world wars in the 20th century was a nudge on the right direction, and the 2nd Cold War of 2383 nearly brought us to the brink. I suppose one could surmise that we never took our destruction seriously because we always thought it would come from within the blackest of human souls. We never believed that our end would come from a far more insidious place; it never occurred to us that our end would come from the deepest depths of space. When you were a child, and you’d look up to the night sky, did it fill you with romantic wonder? Were you reminded of enthralling space expeditions of the 21st and 22nd century? Or was your mind cast you back to memories of your childhood, of your mother singing ‘twinkle twinkle little star’ to you sank into a peaceful sleep? Well, if you are reading this, then drink deep from what I have to say. Space is nothing one can get romantic over. Space is full of wonderment and awe. If the doomed voyage of the Cargo Tug Ulysses taught me one thing, it taught me that all our assumptions of the universe, and our place in it, were wrong.
Pages: 1