WE TALK ABOUT FOODS WE LIKE.

Pages: first 12 next last
I don't think this is something done often on here -

This is called Khao Dome, it is a very tasty Asian snack I've had the pleasure to eat not too long ago. It takes a bit of time to make it, but the payoff is well worth it. You won't see these sold in stores very often from my understanding.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Mmmm,
gonna get myself some Vietnamese food today. My favs are probably well known to you. They're lead by delicious pork Bun Cha and refresing meal bun bo nam bo and baguettes Banh Mi. I want to get deeper in the cuisine, but the bistro i frequent has a very limited offering. Personally, I'll be trying to cook some vegetarian dishes.
My Laotian Friend has been telling me these dishes the past few years, I could not believe how long I had been missing out. He told me a funny story how Bubble Tea didn't start becoming popular until well into the 2000s, but it had been around forever. Taro & Jackfruit Bubble Tea are some of my favorites.
Food topic D:

Burgers.
Burgers for life, burgers forever.

Seriously now. I just really like them, haha :D
I apply John Carmack's old quote on pizza: "Pizza is the ultimate food because you can get anything in one place."
Something like that.
The town near me has nationally one of the best burger joints called Hops, and I've been there once. God that burger melted in my mouth, I loved it.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I love burgers,
but they are in every pub now and often from low quality meat.
Personally, I prefer meatloaf over burgers these days. Still, I really love eating a good burger from a happy cow. Also Serbian version Pljeskavica is great with its grilled vegetable.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I'm particularly fond of tomato and basil. I've been coming up with a number of recipes that use the combination. Also, tomatoes, tomatilloes, onion, chilies, and cilantro is fantastic for far more than just salsa. Using the salsa recipe as a base, I used paprika, cornichons, and cider vinegar to make a great omelet.
Sated. I commend your taste!

Ahh .. I want meat. And I miss having duck at the clinic I was at (They had good stuff. I even got deer occasionally! Tho quinoa is also pretty nice and just way too expensive to get regularily). We ran out so I am slowly craving it .. hmm.. picking up chicken wings, or ground beef .. fry some stuff up to go alongside it. Some rice or pasta. Yum.
I won't go with dishes 'cause I can't do most *shrug*

Oh! I still have an avocado I can try... so good on freshly cooked rice. It just softly melts into goodness~
Edit: Nope, it's gone. Aww
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Ramen always looks so good. I can't even boil an egg or cook a medium steak properly, though, much less combine them into a complex dish like that. My life is suffering.

I can at least make biscuits and gravy though.

Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Tonight I'm gonna make myself a beautiful hot curry. I'll post a pic then.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
King Oscar canned Mackerel in olive oil, the best canned food I've ever eaten and I try a lot! It's always healthy as shit for considering it's canned.

I had these really hot Korean noodles (That appeared on a show I think) at the Asian Market. They also had all these other noodle brands, I completely dropped the icky western brands they sell in grocery stores, and never looked back.
ESBY
extreme disappointment
even though you're english an all, at least you recognise that the english can't make alcohol and are drinking the superior scottish product
I feel depressed looking at those yummy pictures.
Good job guys :"
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
Well, I like pizza a lot and also a german dish called "Spätzle", oh, how I adore "Spätzle"!
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Southerner checking in.

Our most prized possession is "liver mush." It is the liver and assorted parts of a pig, ground up with corn meal. Slice it up, fry it, and serve it on white Wonder bread with a splash of Duke's mayonnaise. It is the ultimate comfort food, as long as you don't think about it for too long.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.

The St. Paul sandwich: egg foo yung on white bread with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and mayonnaise. Created in the 1940s when many Chinese restaurants in St. Louis, Missouri were losing business, the chef decided to make something that would appeal more to American palettes. He named it the St. Paul in honor of his hometown of St. Paul, Minnesota. It is only found in St. Louis. I didn't know that when I was living in Florida, and I would ask everywhere. I finally looked it up online to see if I could make it myself and found I only had to learn how to make egg foo yung. The only exotic ingredient it has is mung sprouts, and that can be found at any oriental food market.
Pages: first 12 next last