[RMMV] EVENT-SPECIFIC MUSIC ISSUE

Pages: 1
Hello Gamers!

I am working on some bugs in my game, Acrylic, and am looking for a bit of help regarding some music issues.

My game has an event where a timer starts and you have to explore a couple of things on various maps in order to stop the timer and proceed through the game. I have no problem starting this special tense BGM for this event once the timer begins. However, as soon as you leave the map, it goes back to its normal music. The event works other than that, but it sort of takes from the mood.

Does anyone know how to keep that music going regardless of the map, until the event ends? I thought I could use parallel events and switches on the other maps to achieve this, but the BGM restarts each time you enter a map. Any tips?

Thanks in advance! (:
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=WickedHardcorg
I thought I could use parallel events and switches on the other maps to achieve this, but the BGM restarts each time you enter a map. Any tips?

Yeah, that makes sense. If a map has pre-defined music, and you're using the Set BGM (or whatever) event-command, then that would reset the music when you enter a map.

The idea that's coming to me is to store where the track is currently at in a variable, and doing a function call to start BGM playback at that point after the map transfer event-command. I'm almost certain something like this is possible in VX Ace, but, as for MV, I have no idea!

*Edit: I don't know how much of a hiccup could occur, but, it's still within the realm of possibility with that suggestion. The system is still cuing the map's original BGM before it plays the track you want to play, even if you can pick it up exactly where it left off. To eliminate the hiccup entirely, the only thing I can think of is to make duplicate maps that do not have pre-defined BGMs, and use switches to determine which set of maps players get transferred to?
Pages: 1