[RM2K] NEED FACESET EDIT

Pages: 1
Hey, I'm working on a game using all RTP characters, and I'm using the default facesets. It's going fine so far, but I think I need an edit.

See, I'm using this one character, the purple-haired witch girl, as this sorta delusional teen witch who wants to be more mature than she really is. If I were a weeaboo (which I sort of am), I'd describe her as being chuunibyou.

Unfortunately, her face in the RTP (shown below; second character on the second row) looks a little too mature for what I'm going for. In-game, she's supposed to be pretty young, in her teens, but the gal in the set looks a little older, like she's in her twenties or thirties. I've thought about trying to pass it off as her wearing a lot of make-up, but I think I'd prefer to alter the faceset, instead. I think I know what the problem is (it's her eyeshadow and lipstick, probably), but I don't have the pixel art skills to fix it myself. That's why I'm asking one of you guys to help me. (Also, I am enchanted with the idea of giving her a :T face, so that would also be appreciated.)

Hynk^ There was lot of programs do these sprites, and faces only paint/anyone that like program. ( i think at 2k, of course)
If it was NPC you can use shadowed picture, if it was charter ...
Well...

If it's not done by monday I'll do you an edit then (or at least try). I've got mouse issues atm though so I can't exactly help just yet.

The issue, I think, is two-fold. One is that her face is more angled than rounded. If you look at the younger-looking faces you'll see that their chins and the area around them are more angled than a diagonal line. Not so for hers.

Second is that her eyes are both too small and lower on her face. Large eyes add that doey-eyed youth to a character (especially in this art style). They need to be bigger.

Another issue is her expression - she looks rather aloof due to how her eyebrows are high on her forehead. If her eyes were larger and moved up a bit they might not stick out so much as to seem that way, but currently the mix of them both causes this issue.

Have you tried googling emotion sets for the RTP? I know there are some out there that make some of the characters look a bit different age-wise, based on the character in question.

I can't remember where I found the faces but I had messed around with these in Photoshop.
So, how that change at rtp?
there at not else, him needs only one and others also at that rtp??
author=Liberty
If it's not done by monday I'll do you an edit then (or at least try). I've got mouse issues atm though so I can't exactly help just yet.

The issue, I think, is two-fold. One is that her face is more angled than rounded. If you look at the younger-looking faces you'll see that their chins and the area around them are more angled than a diagonal line. Not so for hers.

Second is that her eyes are both too small and lower on her face. Large eyes add that doey-eyed youth to a character (especially in this art style). They need to be bigger.

Another issue is her expression - she looks rather aloof due to how her eyebrows are high on her forehead. If her eyes were larger and moved up a bit they might not stick out so much as to seem that way, but currently the mix of them both causes this issue.

Have you tried googling emotion sets for the RTP? I know there are some out there that make some of the characters look a bit different age-wise, based on the character in question.
Thanks for the help! Didn't have much luck googling (maybe it'd help if I searched within specific sites?), but your post did remind me that this site exists, and I found a faceset there that I think is acceptable. Thanks so much!

author=Chilly-Pheese-Steak
I can't remember where I found the faces but I had messed around with these in Photoshop.
I know I said I was using something else, but thanks for your help anyway! I'll keep it in mind in case I change my mind, or decide to use it for something else.
Pages: 1