STARDUST SAGA PROGRESS REPORT 1

Pages: 1
KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
Hello everyone! Spirit here and as you can probably tell I've been really inactive recently. That is mainly because I have a new obsession with Animal Crossing New Leaf (don't ask why) and training for Pokemon VGC tournaments. But now after multiple major story changes and technical difficulties combined with my absolute laziness, I have finally started to make some progress on my new game made with RPG Maker MV, renamed Stardust Saga. It will feature:

-14 playable characters, 2 of them optional
-Original Dual Techs and Triple Techs
-An ATB battle system
-A large amount of endgame side quests.
-Dragoon transform skills from Legend of Dragoon (This is a sorta sequel to that game, kinda like FF 4 and 6. They have vastly different stories but almost the same mechanics)
-Actual Original Mapping (no sample maps)
-A smooth difficulty curve (hopefully)
-More occasional memes! (most of them being in the menu and some being RPG cliches done in a humors way)
-over 20 unique elements, divided into colors (like in Chrono Cross)

I will try to add more features. I expect the game to launch around July, but don't get your hopes up. What features would you want in my new game? What do you think I can improve on from my past games? (If you played them) Do you have any ideas for endgame side quests? Thanks!
unity
You're magical to me.
You'll want to get a game page up if you wanna have progress reports and such. That's where they go.

My advice to you is the same as last time, just about. Play other people's games and see how they did mapping, battles, eventing, etc. Also have the game at a manageable size. Taking Baby steps is important if you want to improve.

author=dragonsprit99
-Dragoon transform skills from Legend of Dragoon (This is a sorta sequel to that game, kinda like FF 4 and 6. They have vastly different stories but almost the same mechanics)

So is this a Legend of Dragoon fangame? It doesn't sound like it, but if you're making a sequel...

author=dragonsprit99
-over 20 unique elements, divided into colors (like in Chrono Cross)

20 elements seems excessive.
KrimsonKatt
Yes, it is a LOD fangame, sorta. Also there's a lot of elements because I want 1 element for each actor and a few special ones for superbosses.
Okay, I'm curious now. Could you list the 20 elements you have and what their distinct colors are?
sinn
the original sinn
Animals crossing's graphic is pretty damn hypnotic i suppose.

How do you make a smooth difficulty curve?
KrimsonKatt
The elements are:

Red: Fire, Magma
Blue: water, Ice
Yellow: Lighting, Sound
Green: Earth, Life
Purple: Abyss, Chaos
White: Wind, Holy
Black: Shadow, Metal
Special: Dawn, Dusk. Eternal, Oblivion
I messed up, there's really 18 elements. A least I was close though! :D
That's a lot of elements to juggle! I didn't even know "special" was a color! XD

Good luck, man. :)
Pages: 1