OPERATION KENTONFALL (KENTONA STEPS DOWN)

Pages: first 123456 next last
Effectively immediately, I will be stepping down as active administrator of RMN and taking a lesser role of operator. I still own and operate RMN, and will be the point of contact for our server contracts, Paypal account, domain name, Marvel lawyers, etc..., but will no longer involve myself in the day-to-day running of the site.

author=Red
Rather than waiting for these suggestions to come forward, maybe Kentona should rotate the spotlight reins with another community member.

Someone old, someone new, someone different, someone we haven't already heard from on RMN before, in order to keep RMN's perspective on the community new, fresh and interesting with a fair sense of varied exposure.

A community should enlighten us, a community should enrich us.

There are a variety games being made by users with a variety of tastes everyday single day - there's so much you guys aren't seeing.

If you really loved rpgmaker, you would be actively seeking out these individuals to see what type of stories, ideas and creativity they're bringing to their games, because you really love the craft - you really love rpgmaker - and want to expose others to the different games that are being made with it.

One community member can only know so much.

During this transitory period, RMN will be run by a braintrust of familiar faces: Liberty, ankylo, Solitayre, Shinan, and Feldschlacht IV. Liberty has been made a full Administrator.

Longtime staffers have been made evident, as well: halibabica, Happy, Zeigfried_McBacon, and Yellow Magic

A few of us have stepped down from our RMN responsibilities (besides myself, as I explained above): GreatRedSpirit, Clyve, and Deckiller

A few more of my secret cabal of contributors have also stepped down. I will leave it to them to decided to reveal themselves or not.

This is by no means the final list of staff! It is simply the current status of the staffing at RMN. If you feel like you can be an effective contributor to RMN as a Staff or Moderator, now is the time to speak up! Please contact Liberty, Feldschlacht IV, Shinan or Solitayre and present your interest. RMN could use some new viewpoints on moderation, showcasing games and content, social media, event runners and what have you. And it may also be the case that those I've listed below change roles or step down themselves. Like I said, it is a transitory period.

A quick run-down:

Operator:
kentona
ankylo

Administrator:
Liberty

Moderator:
Feldschlacht IV (Community Manager, social media)
Shinan (bot-basher)
Solitayre (review and article submission manager)

Staff:
Zeigfried_McBacon (event planning, site coding, Slack)
halibabica (event planning)
Happy (SoundCloud, music events, RMN Music Pack)
Yellow Magic (social media, communications)

It was probably pretty evident that I haven't been around as much the last 3 months, rarely even posting and engaging in conversation. It's been even longer since I've been able to properly lead and manage RMN. I've just been in denial about my ability to contribute in this manner, like I want to. So it is with a heavy heart that I abdicate the throne. Yet, out of the ashes of this tragedy, we shall rise to greet the dawning of a new era... in which developer and hobbyist come together, in a great and glorious future!

tl;dr- kentona stepping down from active role, others taking over duties, new era has started. Lion King.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
The kentona is dead, long live the Liberty. :Ib

This post should not be considered to be volunteering for power I would alternately neglect and abuse any position I were given.
The new rule is, whoever has the most makerscore is in charge.
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Oh, good, that's not a high risk for me.

PS I like your new text.
hell yes time for a vacation!
Oh, kentona is stepping down! Good luck to Libby with her new position~<3 In comes a new era for RMN! ^.^ (I liked the kentona era too, btw)
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Awww, I thought you guys were doing a great job... We need a retirement party or a step down party or something.

I'd like to thank you Kenton, for being a great leader of our website. You too GRS, for your skillfull wielding of the bannehammer.

Without you guys this place wouldn't be the amazing place it is, and I deeply thank you from the bottom of my heart! :D

Now let's see everyone get drunk at that party :P
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D

We will never forget your red-named days, kentona. Godspeed.

Current staff/mods: is there any role, responsibility, or other field in particular you find yourself wanting an extra body for? Having a range of possible options might encourage someone who wants to contribute to the site but doesn't know what they could do to step up and volunteer themselves.
Are you even old enough to drink?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=kentona
The new rule is, whoever has the most makerscore is in charge.

So that's why Liberty was put in charge!

Oh, crap, I'm in the top ten in Makerscore!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Wow. You've been claiming you were overwhelmed by running the site for a while now, but I always thought you were just exaggerating and joking.

Enjoy your additional free time, Kentona. It's okay if we still blame you for everything though, right?
Never take me seriously, unless I am being serious.

And I would expect to be blamed! I just shift it down the line to WIP anyway.
author=Kloe
You too GRS, for your skillfull wielding of the bannehammer.

Dirty mod secret: I never had any power to use the bannehammer! That was all kentona, and Liberty too! Now replacing every post a user made with a silly gif? That was true mod power!
Current staff/mods: is there any role, responsibility, or other field in particular you find yourself wanting an extra body for? Having a range of possible options might encourage someone who wants to contribute to the site but doesn't know what they could do to step up and volunteer themselves.

Ya. Here's what we need. Other Staff feel free to correct me or chip in.

-Social Media people. Currently the Twitter, Facebook, the Tumblr, and the Youtube is under my jurisdiction. Running all of them in addition to my job here is exhausting and not possible. I need some help in this, especially if you can specialize in just one of them. There is more than one position for this open!

-With that being said, the Youtube is a different beast entirely and I'd love it if we had one dedicated person running that!

-People to help manage the Front Page and events there!

-An Engine Manager!

-An Event Runner, someone who oversees the RMN events make make sure they're running smoothly!

-A Resource Manager to ensure resources are not just a periphery aspect of the site that nobody cares about. Script support is hot right now! We need that, and the Resource Manger doesn't have to be scripter. But we need someone who can keep an eye on and work that talent!

-And last but not least Moderators! Keeping this community functional and healthy is a big job, and a beast of its own. Someone with a cool calm head that can not only keep an eye on things, but to take an active role in the tone of the community would be a big boon!
Kloe
author=kentona
Are you even old enough to drink?
Tht's why I said I can't wait to SEE everyone get drunk, not to get drunk :P

author=Red_Nova
Yup, I second this question! FELD IS A NINJA!!!
In other news, I and I'm sure probably at least a few others would love to help out!I'd probably be crap at it though so maybe don't choose me.
author=Red_Nova
We will never forget your red-named days, kentona. Godspeed.

Yeah, I'd probably volunteer for a position if I knew what was needed. :D I know I'd love to help with the game queue - but I'm willing to help where necessary.

Edit:Ooh Feld ninja. O.o
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
author=Feldschlacht IV
-An Engine Manager!

Considering im probably the only person in these parts that gave a remote damn about engines pages, I'm definitely snagging that position.
Kloe
author=Zeigfried_McBacon
author=Feldschlacht IV
-An Engine Manager!
Considering im probably the only person in these parts that gave a remote damn about engines pages, I'm definitely snagging that position.

Pretends to know what engine pages are...
But yes, I'm sure you'd do great at that thingy Ziggy! :D
The engines page has the various game dev engines that are most common with users on this site. Plus it's another way to index and search games on RMN if you really want to check out how RPG Maker 95 plays!
author=Kloe
Pretends to know what engine pages are...

Exactly why we need an Engine Manager.
Pages: first 123456 next last