PRESIDENT TRUMP

"Know what we need? A man demonstrably too racist to be a federal judge to be the new attorney general," said one man ever.
BAD AND UNAMERICAN, probably communist too
* ACLU
* NAACP
* Southern Christian Leadership Conference

"jokingly" GOOD (until found out they smoked pot)
* The KKK

- the next AG of the US
On the plus side, with Trump filling his cabinet with men who will never compromise on anything (no matter what), it will likely be highly dysfunctional.
Whoops missed that Sessions also believes in repealing the 14th Amendment Section 1 (lol betting he wants to use the whole thing as kindle for a cross) ending the automatic US citizenship granted to anybody born in the US. Betting his dream replacement involves a paper bag.
Fuck.
We could be in for a lot more sub-prime, derivative, et al, shenanigans with the associated total economic collapse and tax payer bailouts. Just what the world needs. Thanks, 'murica.
I'd better start learning Chinese so I can take orders.
"We havent seen this much Wall Street in government since the 1920s!"

iirc that turned out swell in the end.
It'll be great. It'll be yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Chicken Little himself is reading this thread hoping everyone here just takes a chill pill.
Chicken Little needs to learn how to let people worry and vent that worry. There's a multitude of very good reasons that people are upset and worrying and scared; and making them out to be overly sensitive or alarmist just makes it worse.

Will things get as bad as we imagine? Maybe. Maybe not. They have before - and that's why people worry. Because historically we've come from places where stuff DID happen badly and we moved away from that, making progress. Now it seems like progress will be halted (at the least) or pushed back/reverted (at the most) and people are understandably upset, especially those who have a lot to lose when it comes to some of the policies that the governmental body believes in and are spouting as things they want to do.

So yeah, people have a right to worry when worrying things are being shown in their future. Calling them out for worrying to much and telling them to chill is silly. After all, I remember at least one retelling of Chicken Little where the sky did literally fall. All it takes is once.
harmonic
That's all well and good but it seems like the sensationalist media has found its audience here. Obama is still the president. Nothing has actually happened. Life will go on.
author=Liberty
Chicken Little needs to learn how to let people worry and vent that worry. There's a multitude of very good reasons that people are upset and worrying and scared; and making them out to be overly sensitive or alarmist just makes it worse.

Will things get as bad as we imagine? Maybe. Maybe not. They have before - and that's why people worry. Because historically we've come from places where stuff DID happen badly and we moved away from that, making progress. Now it seems like progress will be halted (at the least) or pushed back/reverted (at the most) and people are understandably upset, especially those who have a lot to lose when it comes to some of the policies that the governmental body believes in and are spouting as things they want to do.

So yeah, people have a right to worry when worrying things are being shown in their future. Calling them out for worrying to much and telling them to chill is silly. After all, I remember at least one retelling of Chicken Little where the sky did literally fall. All it takes is once.

It's more than venting, it's establishing a tone
. There ain't no reason to let up either, the GOP and friends have continued to make it abundantly clear what their general goals and agenda are based on their actions at both the state and federal level. I don't know the specifics or how far it'll go but it sure isn't going to be for my, my family, and my friend's benefit, and millions of others who deserve better. Lords know what could happen if RBG or Breyer eat it. e: For clarity, they're US Supreme Court Justices who are... getting up there in years. Ginsburg is also a survivor of multiple cancers too. /e:

And this is before a cultural shift where the alt right or whatever neo nazis are calling themselves now are both emboldened and more culturally accepted.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
While some are accusing people of overreacting and being reactionary, have a link to a conversation Donald Trump had about nuclear weapons.

https://thinkprogress.org/9-terrifying-things-donald-trump-has-publicly-said-about-nuclear-weapons-99f6290bc32a#.s25p6f1ar
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
harmonic
Chicken Little himself is reading this thread hoping everyone here just takes a chill pill.

<harmonic> stupid dems need to pay more attention to politics and the world around them
<harmonic> stupid dems are paying too much attention and worrying too much

drain the fucking swamp indeed

edit: this looks like a dark souls boss

harmonic
author=Craze
<harmonic> stupid dems need to pay more attention to politics and the world around them
<harmonic> stupid dems are paying too much attention and worrying too much

I didn't say stupid, and when I say chill pill needed, it has nothing to do with paying too much attention.

tfw laughing at yourself for attempting to reason with Craze
I thought I saw Make Mongolia Gret Again...
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
Make yo mama great again
"In extraordinary overreach, Trump team says he will not seek criminal charges on Clinton"

"Nigel Farage for US ambassador? Trump tweet has UK squirming"

"President Trump Could Spell the End of Net Neutrality"

Does this guy even know what the fuck he's doing?