CROCOTILE 3D

Pages: 1
Hi and hello everyone, i came across a youtube video showing a tool which can create 3D maps with 2D sprites.
I thought i post it here so maybe someone can make use of it.

Crocotile 3D Website

Taken from the site:
Create 3d models and environments with tiles.
Typically tiles are used from 2d tilemaps to construct flat scenes,
but Crocotile 3d adds another dimension. Watch the example video to
see how fast and easy the process is.

Draw and Edit modes to easily add/remove/edit tiles in 3d space.
Perspective & Orthographic projection.
Export to .obj and use your creations in other programs or in your game development.
Modify UVs on tiles, adjust tileset sizes.
Paint tools for creating/modifying your tilesets.
Rotate, flip, mirror, reverse faces, verts and UVs.
Split/cut tiles.
Copy/paste tiles.
Group tiles into objects/prefabs.
Undo/redo any changes.
More!

Hope you enjoy it like i do! :)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You are pretty blatantly an advertiser working for the company that makes this tool. To be honest, this post would be both allowed and appreciated if you said so honestly, but I suspect it will be locked and you will be banned because you're lying about your identity and reason for posting it.
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Lets not forget the failure to mention that its 10 USD for this product. Best case scenario, this is just a poorly put together shout out. At worst (and most likely), it's straight up advertising with bait involved. catdog, clean up your opening post or this thing is getting the spam treatment.
Or you can just use the free open source MCEdit and export the maps to the format you want. It's got way more features too. I didn't even know it existed until I thought in my head "I'm sure someone's made an open source modeling program for Minecraft and you can just export the format" and Googled for it. I'm not even sure you actually need Minecraft if you're making a new map.

http://www.mcedit.net/

The only downside to this is that we aren't giving you money, I guess.
I'm curious, what's the evidence that he's linked to this program? That website doesn't load for me.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
WolfCoder appears on horseback at the top of a hill to save this topic.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I dont you know guys, I think it's a pretty solid pitch ;)
author=LockeZ
You are pretty blatantly an advertiser working for the company that makes this tool. To be honest, this post would be both allowed and appreciated if you said so honestly, but I suspect it will be locked and you will be banned because you're lying about your identity and reason for posting it.

WTF i just wanted to show this community this awesome tool!
Think what you wanna want to think but im not an advertiser for this company...
Just because i wanted to show this awesome tool to this community you think im just an advertiser?
You guys are sick...
You cannot post in this board without an account and im not the guy who lurks arround at these boards so i created one...
But think what you wanna want to think!
Honestly now i know what people ment when they said about this community!
LockeZ
Your first post ever was to copy and paste an advertisement into the forums, word for word from the advertiser who wrote it. You didn't say anything personal about it. Then you didn't respond for a month.

I feel like anyone would have been skeptical of you. I'm reassured of your humanity, however, now that you've insulted FF15's protagonist. That's always a good sign.
author=catdog
You cannot post in this board without an account and im not the guy who lurks arround at these boards so i created one...

To know about this board you would have had to lurk around otherwise you would have never known about it.

author=catdog
Honestly now i know what people ment when they said about this community!

This community is great. It is a home for those who create games and art and scripts. I find it sad that you insult these people simply because they believe you to be an advertiser. Why does it matter what they think? The fact that you went off like that shows us what kind of person you are...
While we do appreciate that you wanted to share a cool tool with everyone, it would have been better not to straight copy/paste and maybe to have gotten used to the site a little before-hand - talk to people, see whether it'd be the kind of place that would allow it and mostly, check out the rules about posting these kinds of things.

One question - did you ask the creators of the utility if you could share it with another site? Some people can get pretty upset about people posting information and the like around without fist checking with them. It's better to get permission about that kind of thing, especially if it's a WIP.

Also, there's no need to get so upset about someone pointing out that your post reads like advertising (which, quite honestly, it does).

Now, if you have permission from the creators, you can add the utility to the site by hovering over the Submissions heading in the black bar and choosing 'Utility'. You'd probably want to pick either Custom or Other as the engine type and then fill in the blanks from there. But get permission first, just to be sure the devs don't mind it being shared.
I think it's distributed around in twitter when I saw it there. So I'm assuming it's OK.
LockeZ
That's a little different though because it's so much more ephemeral. Six months from now, you won't be able to find the tweets any more, and a forum post like this will clearly be part of an old discussion. But lot of developers won't appreciate it being officially submitted to a list of utilities on a website like this without their knowledge, because the posting will need to include a lot of information that might not be correct in six months, and the developer will have to go around to every website and update them all.
Pages: 1