[RM2K3] PACKAGE HELP!!

Pages: 1
okay so i tried to release the demo version of my own game, to me it works perfectly, but for some reason other people cannot play it it either says that the Run time package isnt registered so i put the RTP then we tried it again then it said " the file system2c cannot be opened" then it gave me another problem that said " the file "black" (something i made ) cannot be opened " I DONT KNOW WHAT TO do and i dontwanna feel like i wasted time on nothing, i did include the Run time package disk when i was packing the game, what is the main problem?? and the files are present in their own folders ....
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, is there still a line to insert into the INI file before it can run without installing the RTP? I think the line looks something like "FullPackageFlag = 1", but, I could be wrong.
The simple way to put it: All of the files that are referenced in your game need to be in your game's folder, not the RTP folder. So if you have a "black.png" in RTP\Picture, it needs to be in YourGame\Picture. As long as this is done for every single resource (including sounds and music), you shouldn't have an issue.

This is something that has come up in every 2k/2k3 release at least once, so no need to worry. :)

Edit: Oh, and the FullPackageFlag thing, but it's better practice to put your resources in your game folder anyway. FullPackageFlag=1 is required before before running "Create Game Installer", but I think it's going to add ALL RTP resources into your game's folder, which is unnecessary.
Pages: 1