SECRET SANTA 2016

CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
@Red_Nova: I was gonna say that even I wouldn't come up with puzzles as meta as that. I get the feeling it's unintentional, but I don't want it to be.

@Blobofgoo: Many thanks to your kind soul. Making a 2/7 full game for me like that was really thoughtful of you and it makes me feel real special.
Now that the names have been revealed... I'm honestly touched I was Frogge's second guess. Super insightful on his part! Mudskippers are harder to shade than they look. One day I shall continue it.

Mega thanks Kylaila for mine! You seriously did a great job!
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Woah I was way off. Thanks for the game, Mjishi! This has made me curious to check out your other projects.
HA. I knew it was cash. There are very few people that are THAT sweet. Thanks, buddy!

@zephire Was I who you thought your santa was? :P

ALSO this is the 3rd year in a row I guessed my santa right~
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
I got stuff from an Elf!! Cool! Yay! Thank you Elfy!

(I thought it'd be Uni or Oshun honestly.)
Feels like I got to know a bunch of new people in this event x3

Thanks and merry Christmas Shinan ^^

@Zeuzio: You had a replay saved in Kloermn league where you had a Meganium and said that liked grass type pokemons, the Kirby with a buster sword was suggested by Kentona in the Smash4 poll. x3
Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
@Zakariya:

You see that, Zakariya? I doubted them that they wouldn't even reach that 2K comment mark. I was wrong. Now I have to use my crush as the cover photo. You saved my ass from this mess 'cause that fanart is pretty much a fine excuse. THANK YOU PO HAHA.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
Oh, I would have never guessed at all! Thank you Miremira for the awesome gift :D
author=Kevincalanor
Feels like I got to know a bunch of new people in this event x3

Thanks and merry Christmas Shinan ^^

@Zeuzio: You had a replay saved in Kloermn league where you had a Meganium and said that liked grass type pokemons, the Kirby with a buster sword was suggested by Kentona in the Smash4 poll. x3

Ahhh I see! Nice detective work! It really payed off. ;w;)b

Bayleaf is my favorite pokemon ever, and Meganium is close enough lol. I was wondering where Clouby came from but now I'm remembering that exchange lol. Thanks again for the present!

@Luiishu I'm really glad you liked my present lol. I'm a terrible artist but when I thought of putting Falkion on a Christmas card I just had to try it anyway. XD
author=pianotm
THANK YOU, NIRWANDA! Merry Christmas!

Merry christmas to you too, playing your game was quite an experience! :)

Thanks a lot Hexatona for such a unique gift! This certainly wasn't what I was expecting at all. The story sounds intriguing even if the robovoice is pretty weird (and a little hard to follow for a non native english speaker) I'll listen to it during the following week. The second wallpaper is quite interesting as well. Is it a solo drawing or part of a larger story? It's pretty evocative.
Zakariya
Every misdeed has its own punishment, and every good deed has its reward.
author=KatanaHiroshi
@Zakariya:

/media/content/users/37280/locker/Screenshot_775.png

You see that, Zakariya? I doubted them that they wouldn't even reach that 2K comment mark. I was wrong. Now I have to use my crush as the cover photo. You saved my ass from this mess 'cause that fanart is pretty much a fine excuse. THANK YOU PO HAHA.

Uhh....thanks? XP
CashmereCat
author=Gourd_Clae
HA. I knew it was cash. There are very few people that are THAT sweet. Thanks, buddy!

@zephire Was I who you thought your santa was? :P

ALSO this is the 3rd year in a row I guessed my santa right~

Excellent. You've shown yourself that you're really good at guessing. Also, I just finished playing _RTP_ and I'm ready to give a review! So that should be coming anywhere from the next few days to the next few weeks.
Blobofgoo
Legs are a burden. Return to snek.
@cashmere cat:

I must not have worded it very well in game. I meant 7 additional chapters, which would put it at 9. I'm really glad you like it. I was honestly concerned I hadn't made enough content.

@liberty:

So stealthy! Tricking me with information requesting when you were really my Santa! Heh. Thanks a bunch.
CashmereCat
author=Blobofgoo
@cashmere cat:

I must not have worded it very well in game. I meant 7 additional chapters, which would put it at 9. I'm really glad you like it. I was honestly concerned I hadn't made enough content.

Oops, I meant 2/9. I was actually invested in the story and want more! Give me more! Just kidding, but actually, take your time. I will say that there was a game breaking bug where you grabbed the vial but it didn't turn the switch on needed to open the door. No matter, I went into the project file (gasp! blasphemy! (sozy)) and fixed it so that the door would open if you merely had the vial.
mjshi
Jack of Most Trades
author=Red_Nova
Woah I was way off. Thanks for the game, Mjishi! This has made me curious to check out your other projects.

You're welcome! That's not the actual present though. If the game is extracted, you should be able to go into the folder (where game.exe is) after beating the Evil Maid and find the present.txt created there.

Also, I actually don't know your real name-- everything in that game is just neat 4th-wall breaking programming tricks xD Feel free to decrypt the rgss archive to see the Ruby code involved. Also, if the present.txt isn't showing up, after decrypting the archive go to the game's scripts, find the one named "ETC", then the present.txt contents will be available there.

And @Aquablue11, thanks for the present-- I look forward to seeing what you'll draw ^^
Thank you Marrend! Marren sent me an awesome narrative recount of one of my games, Super Girl Squad Halloween Board Game. I love it! I'm going to put it up on my game page real soon!

As for my guessing, I didn't post anything here. Nevertheless I guessed incorrectly! I thought it was Kylaila, because Kylaila writes very colorful reviews. I also guessed Kloe, because I remember she enjoyed the game when it was being streamed. But I didn't guess Marrend. Your name did pop into my head a while back, but I immediately thought "nah, that's not Marrend's." I was wrong!

Thanks again!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I'm extremely annoyed that Liberty publicly told people who their secret santa is. That completely defeats the purpose of secret santa. You're not supposed to find out. It's supposed to be a gift with no expectation of acknowledgement for your deed, just pure goodwill.
CashmereCat
author=LockeZ
I'm extremely annoyed that Liberty publicly told people who their secret santa is. That completely defeats the purpose of secret santa. You're not supposed to find out. It's supposed to be a gift with no expectation of acknowledgement for your deed, just pure goodwill.

Being real? It's happened for the past X years at RMN. Plus, traditional Secret Santa rules state that "When the gift-giving time arrives each recipient finds their gift and must guess who their Secret Santa is. If they can't guess, their Secret Santa eventually confesses." Keyword being "confesses" meaning that the Secret Santa usually outs themselves during gift giving. But an online Secret Santa like this is pretty unconventional, so Liberty just made it a thing that people had a couple days to guess, and then she'd reveal them all at once for those who were curious.
Sorry, but this is how we've run the event from the start, the way it's supposed to be done as far as I've ever witnessed (or at least all through primary and high school, as well as workplace Secret Santa events I've ever taken part in) and this was part of the description:
" Do not tell anyone who you got until at least the 26th of December." meaning that names were going to come out after that date.

I guess I'll make it clearer for next year that names will be released, though. Same with "Please make sure your work is of a decent quality" and "Please don't package pirated items into your gifts".
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I knew people would have the option to spoil it for themselves, but I didn't expect it to happen automatically for everyone. It's not a big deal for me personally since my recipient would find out anyway once my videos start going up on my Youtube channel; I guess I'm just more shocked than anything.

If you ask people to make sure their work is of a decent quality, we'll never get any gifts!