SUZY'S ART

That may be true but there are times where you simply cannot learn a skill no matter how hard you try.

That is a really cool drawing though.
Fair enough.

Thanks!

(the latter is just another version of image on previous page)
These images are kind of what I imagine an acid trip to look like.
Interesting style, you're standing out! Keep at it!
@Link ehh I don't know about that

@Toaster_Team, Thanks!

I don't mean to offend, and I trust you know that! But wide ranging colors, demon-like halucinations, seeing people differently. These are things I think of when I think of acid trips. It doesn't mean your art isn't cool but you acid trip your way and I'll acid trip my way xD
Haha, I wasn't offended. I just wouldn't know either way. But I am guessing the majority of creative things that have influenced me were informed by drugs so you're probably right to some degree

What's your motivation for these images? Is it for a story? Is it random? Are you taking Ayahuasca? :P It just seems like each of these images could tell a story. Like it's an image from a movie poster or a book cover.
Well, I do have a bunch of core archetypes & themes I always use to some extent or another, but it is kind of random in that I make up the image & narrative as I draw. Some of these drawings have been about a particular story.

The motivation though, I guess, is articulating and or exorcising ideas generated by music, movies and television, video games, psychology, etc. out of my head

edit
I probably shouldn't have answered that right away without thinking about it for a while...

Essentially my drawings are just regurgitation of things I love. Most of these things fall inside the realm of "Low Art" - soap operas, video games, cartoons, horror & fantasy movies, weird music, etc.

Examples of such rad things:

Moon Remix RPG Adventure (1997)

Gekka Mugentan Torico/Lunacy (1996)

Dark Messiah/Hell Night (1998)

The Church (1989)

From Beyond (1986)

Inferno (1980)

Suspiria (1977)

Goblin

House/Hausu (1977)

Phenomena (1985)

Akira (1988)

Tatsuyuki Tanaka
(Linda Cube Again 1997)

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (1997)

Marchen Veil (1987)

Breath of Fire IV (2000)

The Residents

Akira Toriyama

Sailor Moon

Wicked City (1987)

Nier (2010)

EastEnders

Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009)

David Lynch

Those, combined with a base set of absorbed styles:

Dan Clowes

The Simpsons

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (and other Klasky Csupo cartoons)

My things pale in comparison to all of that. But their influence is plain to see, I think. For example, I don't have the patience or finesse of Daniel Clowes. AND I AM FINE WITH THAT.

I would say film posters/album or game covers are an influence as well, as they have to convey the tone, themes, narrative of the movie or whatever in one image. I did have a large book of sci-fi movie posters when I was a teenager.

So there you go. No drugs necessary.

Ah, good read :) Thanks for taking the time to explain it.
You're welcome. Except I am such a pedant I notice there are still things I left out when compiling those images. Oh well haha

Thank you!!

I've worked on one game before. If I had existent programming abilities I would be cramming art into more as we speak. Instead I'm deliberating over turning my major story into a comic or something because the game format it was intended for doesn't seem feasible.
@DanTR Ah, I originally read what you said as another world, as in otherworldly. I just realized you meant that game.

@Link I thought that dude looks more like Steve Coogan, haha. Similarly to the Kevin Spacey incident, this is an accident too. I swear it.

Ah yes, I see him in the eyes but the rest is all Howard. Accidents huh? At some we need to examine your subconscious I think :P