[RMVX ACE] FAILED TO START PROCESS AND WINDOWS CAN'T ACCESS SPECIFIED DEVICE, PATH OR FILE?

Pages: 1
Was just doing some casual game maek and got hit with this mess. The failed to create process error comes when I try to test play. The Windows can't access specified device, file or path comes when I try to open a game from the folder. Any advice or should I just move on from VXA and onto MV?
Welp, after some research and attempting various fixes I saw from online. I can't seem to get anything to work. I guess I'm picking up MV.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Is this error happening when you open ace or just when you are play test a game.
Try to start a new game and play test it. Also has your computer ever shut off or anything like that happened while using Ace?

Ace is also better than MV imo.

author=kory_toombs
Is this error happening when you open ace or just when you are play test a game.
Try to start a new game and play test it. Also has your computer ever shut off or anything like that happened while using Ace?

Ace is also better than MV imo.

I started a new project still got the error, reinstalled ace and still got the error, reinstalled the RTP and still got the error. I caved and bought MV lmao.
I'm thinking that it's a missing (or mis-named) registry file, which shouldn't happen normally, if at all, without external alterations.

Nothing bad with MV though. If it's your first RPG Maker engine, it's actually pretty decent, as it's easier to use (imo).
author=karins_soulkeeper
I'm thinking that it's a missing (or mis-named) registry file, which shouldn't happen normally, if at all, without external alterations.

Nothing bad with MV though. If it's your first RPG Maker engine, it's actually pretty decent, as it's easier to use (imo).

Not my first lol, though I am liking the UI quite a bit more. It feels very fluid. I'm just not a huge fan of the RTP characters this time around. VX Ace had some really awesome RTP characters.
Pages: 1