I DON'T LIKE DARK SOULS 1 OR 2..... WOULD I LIKE BLOODBORNE?

Pages: 1
I personally don't like Dark Souls 1 nor 2, I find the combat to slow for me and a little clunky, it feels like theirs a delay or something, the difficulty I could have gotten used to,if I put time into it. But I like being a faster paced aggressive fighter and I heard bloodborne is faster paced but I want to know more about it care to tell me more?.... I know Bloodborne is just as hard if not probably harder than DS 1 or 2, but like I said if I can get behind the combat I'll get used to it perfectly fine....What do you all say about it, would be a better game for me to play or should I just find something else?
Well, if you like the idea of Dark Souls but want "faster" combat, I'd definitely give Bloodborne a try. However, the "slow" pace of combat in Dark Souls really is a trifling thing, and it'd surprise me if you could find yourself unable to play Dark Souls for that reason but find yourself enjoying Bloodborne. Bloodborne isn't that much quicker.

But if that really is the difference maker, yes, Bloodborne feels quicker to me, so give it a try. Obviously, you ought to rent before you buy.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Sounds like Bloodborne might be right up your alley. You're right in that the pace of the game is much faster, but it has less to do with overall speed of enemies (though the enemies are generally faster than in Souls) and more with two major twists to the formula: The lack of viable shields and the Rally mechanic.

One of these twists is the lack of viable shields. You're gonna have to dodge way, waaaay more to stay alive, giving more fluidity to combat. To further enhance movement, your roll is changed to a quick dash whenever you're locked onto an enemy. The Rally mechanic is the ability to regain lost health after being hit by attacking the enemy. Whenever you're hit, you'll have a brief moment to regain the health you lost by inflicting as much damage as you on a foe. To discourage spamming attack when you're hit, enemies often have longer strings of combos to catch you desperate trying to regain lost health.

These two mechanics radically change to flow of battle in Bloodborne. If that sounds like your cup of tea, then I'd say go for it.
Bloodborne is faster than Dark Souls. One big difference is the lack of a useful shield. What you get instead is guns. You can use the guns to stagger an enemy who's attacking you and if you invest in the right stat, you also have a viable ranged weapon. The first function is like parry, but the timing seems easier or at least more intuitive. So, blocking is more or less removed. The game is then modified to accommodate that change. So, if the shield-usage was a big reason the game feels slow, then that's great news.

The game is also faster overall. In general, the characters use their weapon faster and do less telegraphing (which may be what makes you feel that there's a delay) with their attacks. However, a lot of the design principles behind Dark Souls still apply to Bloodborne. The combat is nowhere near as furious as say Devil May Cry or God of War. While the telegraphing is not as big as in Dark Souls, it's still there. Basically, the combat is still based a lot on you having to judge whether or not you can attack and less on reacting than you may be used to.
If you want fast and sharp combat I'd look at Platinum's games. Metal Gear Rising is a great game but it isn't on PS4. It is on PC via steam and PS3 if you have one. There's Nier Automata which has a demo out now on PS4 but the full game isn't due for a few more months though. Try those out and see if they're more your speed than From's offerings. They do play more like action games than action RPGs though; There's less exploration and customization and the story is front and center instead of scattered in item descriptions.

e: or the psn link doesn't work, thanks google!
Hey Guys Is this the place were you talk about video games sorry if my text is messed up. anyway dark souls is one of those gothic type game I think I got to lvl 30 on it and I stop playing.
There's also the original Nier on ps3. FF: Lightning Returns has kind of fast paced battles too.
You'd probably like Bloodborne, based on what you said. The combat is faster and more fluid for sure. Definitely feels less clunky. The overall feel really is different from Souls games. So much so, that it can even mess up your Souls-skills. Give it a go, it's not so praised without a reason. And let Father Gascoigne wreck you ^^

Oh and keep your eyes on upcoming Ni-Oh. It looks like Souls-like game set in feudal Japan with faster pace.
I bought the game, since it was cheap, and honestly I really love this game so far! So far my play-through has went like this, make it to the cleric beast, get my ass kicked at least 5 times, grind up enough echos. Then proceed to make the cleric beast my bitch... Make it a little farther, then find Father Gascoigne, whom then proceeds to make me his bitch. I come soooooo close to beating him like 5 times! That beast form is a pain! But all in all, I freaking love this game a lot. Its takes the strategic part of DS and makes it fast paced and fun! Exactly what I wanted from DS 1 and 2.
Pages: 1