NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS

Pages: first 123 next last
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
It's time to plan for the year ahead! We all have things we wanted to do, things we managed to do, and things we failed to do! Now's the time to make your resolution for 2017!

Only for this topic, you're not just saying your hopes and dreams; you're going to stick to them, every single day/week for the next 12 months. Post here with your resolution, and I'll make a list of what you've done and what you want to do!

You choose how often you want to update, but you have to stick with it! I'm sure the admins won't mind giving out an achievement for sticking with your resolutions for an entire year, but it's not guaranteed till I ask.

So sign up and buckle down, for you've a year of work ahead of you!

to give time for sign-ups, since I had this idea a little late, this'll technically start January 7th.

-----Resolutions-----
Seiromem: -Write two paragraph of my fantasy story every week. Excess paragraphs do NOT grant me free days, but if I am for some reason unable to do a week, I'll need to do another paragraph the next to make up for it. If I don't, too bad for me, resolution failed!
-Log in 1 hour working on the dungeon crawler at least once every day.I can make up the difference, which is currently: about 60 Hours
side resolution: Keep up on this topic and update it at least every week month!1!
Progress:
Paragraphs Per Week: 2
Hours of Work: 5

Sailerius: I will aspire to write 3500 words a day. Before beginning a story, I will spend two weeks writing an outline. The first week will be banging out a high-level outline and the second week will be expanding it into a chapter-by-chapter outline. Afterwards, I will write until the story is done, after which I will start outlining the next story.
Progress:
Total Words Per Day:
Outlines Completed:

Kevincalanor: =Get some sort of digital art done each two weeks. VN resources are valid, avatars or pixel arts only counts if animated or doubled.=
Progress:
Bi-weekly digital art: 1

Kylaila: let's say one review per month and one drawing every two weeks!
Progress:
Bi-Weekly Drawing: 3
Monthly Review 1 Pending!

Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
1080p is my new year's Resolution.

(also this is a cool idea, reminds me a bit of NeSi's Procrastination Initiative)
i think i might take up smoking
Sailerius
did someone say angels
In 2016, I had a resolution of writing 2500 words a day, and I managed to stick with it for three months until I ran into plotting problems because I hadn't written an outline first. So I think I'm going to give it another shot with a bit more refinement:

In 2017, I will aspire to write 3500 words a day. Before beginning a story, I will spend two weeks writing an outline. The first week will be banging out a high-level outline and the second week will be expanding it into a chapter-by-chapter outline. Afterwards, I will write until the story is done, after which I will start outlining the next story.
improve pixel art and finish cope island
Been thinking a lot about which one to pick, read as 'one I'll be less likely to mess up', decided to get this one for the sake of learning to shade:

=Get some sort of digital art done each two weeks. VN resources are valid, avatars or pixel arts only counts if animated or doubled.=

I'll try and get those uploaded at my art topic.
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Now that I think of it, I suppose I should try to be more honest about my feelings and call things and people out when a situation demands rather than be passive for the sake of not causing trouble. Yeah mark that as my resolution.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I'm gonna finish my shark-punching game!
i'm gonna finish my lockez-punching game
I'm not going to make any Resolutions whatsoever, at all, and that's how Valor Emblem is actually going to be finished this time.
Finish any of the games in my backlog. A game will not count as "finished" unless most people agree that it is of at least decent quality. Length, genre, engine, and what-have-you matters not; so long as it is finished AND decent.

An easy resolution, it seems. But seeing as I haven't finished anything for the past... two years? I think? This should be food enough for now.
Shooting for five more completed games this year.
author=LockeZ
I'm gonna finish my shark-punching game!

I would love to play it Locke! :D

author=Natook

Really? xD I would like to see that! Haha.

author=SgtMettool
eat a video game

Well, good luck with that!

My Resolution is to finish my game and try to get at the very least a 3.5/5 star rating,
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Natook
I would absolutely fucking play this
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
It's been forever since I've touched the bloody thing, so, re-visiting Nakaishi Wars is definitely on the agenda for the first quarter of the year. The other three-fourths are a little fuzzy, since I don't really have any game-ideas that I want to pursue at the moment.

I guess it depends on what kind of gammak events occur this year. I'm largely assuming there will be a McBacon the 4th, and another event involving RMN's anniversary/birthday. More than that, I have no idea!
1. Get from absolutely terrible to just terrible at pixel art.
2. Learn some basic Ruby and RGSS3.
3. Learn to use a more powerful DAW in order to increase the production quality of my music.
4. Nail the One Arm Pull Up and Front Lever.
5. Finish Cold at Heart and another project.
-dole out Achievements for Summoner of Sounds (Thanks NeverSilent!)
-finish Super Mario Boys SMBX game
-finish Hero's Realm DX
-reassess RMN's codebase
-prep a new Donation Drive for RMN (since we run out of cash in about 5 months)
-pitch a small game making event for late Jan/early Feb called Winterruption
-Run the MOG II resource creation event
-finish my sprites from MOG I resource creation event I ran back in 2015
-do my Broshi's Island entry updates for halibabica
-redo the local Community Association website I run using responsive web design
-write 3 new articles for RMN
-get fit
E:
-prep Misaos voting
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Wow, that's a lot of stuff, kentona! Don't forget, if you ever need help or support, there's a whole website at your disposal full of people you can ask.

I want to be more serious about procrastinating less, and I also hope to both make and play more games on RMN, since I've done way too little of that last year. But I don't think that is specific and plannable enough to count as a serious resolution for the purposes of this thread. Still a great idea though, Seiromem! Good luck, everyone!
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Kentona, I think you forgot BQ7 in there somewhere.
Pages: first 123 next last