DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO ACHIEVE A SIMILAR EFFECT LIKE THIS?

Pages: 1

Good morning! I'm trying to create a similar tunnel with transparent glass like the one in the screenshot above. Can I just edit the glass by lowering its opacity, or is there a better way to do it? I'm sure you can achieve a similar effect with a good coloring technique, but the thing is that the player sprite needs to be visible while walking through the tunnel.

Any tips?

Also, I apologize if this is a dumb question. I'm not actually a pixel artist, so I know pretty much nothing about anything when it comes to the subject.
In RM? I think you could either:

1. Treat the tunnel as an event placed above actor level. Break it up into 5x5 segments per event (or whatever fits), and change the opacity of it. "connector" tiles can be fully opaque so the player passes under them completely.

2. (Probably more awkward) The non-metal pieces of the tunnel are just regular floor tiles, and you just have an appropriately-tinted version of the player's sprite that is temporarily used as the player is in the tunnel.

I don't imagine RM was built with this kind of thing in mind, so you may need to get creative.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Yeah, just create a B level glass tile with low opacity. Your character's tint will change accordingly. Make sure the glass tile is star priority so it will be above the character rather than below it.

EDIT: Ran a quick test:

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I think I've got the basic hang of now!

As proof, here's something quick I whipped up:

I basically just made separate tiles for the glass and lowered the opacity to 59.

A bit off-topic, but what do you think about the tunnel? I have a feeling that I could handle shading of the glass a bit better.

EDIT: Yeah, we're talking about RM here (I'm using Ace ATM, in case you're wondering).
author=Luiishu535
A bit off-topic, but what do you think about the tunnel? I have a feeling that I could handle shading of the glass a bit better.

Perspective's a bit off. With the camera angle, you'd actually be able to see a bit of the tunnel top. Same with the trees. Otherwise tunnel looks good :)

Also side note, it looks like you've got interesting colors choices but you're hiding them with the fog/cloud overlay :(
If you're using parallax mapping, I'd say it would be as easy as lowering the opacity of the glass when editing the image.
Pages: 1