[RMVX ACE] SPRITE DRAWING SCRIPT FOR IN AND OUT OF SHOPS

Pages: 1
Hey guys, i'm looking for a two scripts that sorta deal with the same concept. First Script: I'm in need of a script that works in shops. this specific script allows the game to show the players character's bust or mugshot in the shop menu and everytime you highlight an item(Specifically Armor, weapons or other apparel), a photo of the item is placed over the player's character's bust or mugshot.
The second script: I'm wanting a script that when you equip an armor/clothing piece it will replace the default sprite for that part and replace it with the one you equip. For example: You have 5 sprite sets - Head Wear/Hair, Torso, Hands, Legs, and Feet. You equip a tshirt. So it replaces the certain torso sprite with the one you make for the t-shirt. I hope there is such a script
The first script is kinda easy to do. Tedious, but not difficult.

The second script, I do not really know how. I'm shooting at random here, but if the blt method can be used to sort of 'overlay' a sprite over another, then that would be a viable way to simulate this effect.

Alternatively, you can make multiple character sprites for each actor, wearing every single possible combination of armour there is, then swap charsets whenever equipment is altered. Clunky, and will only really be practical if you only have a few armours in-game.
The .blt method for bitmaps will work in the way you describe.

Just draw another clothing bitmap in same general location, moving the clothing sprites down a little to the appropriate body area, and layering them appropriately (like having shoes be the bottommost layer). Although, you'll have to animate the clothing in the same way the player bitmap is animated. And you'd need to change the layering order for different views. For instance, when the player has a cloak.
Making this would take some time but is possible. Unfortunately i don't have time to work on it right now. the 2nd script you can do with events with a bunch of conditional branches and patience but, as karins_soulkeeper said, if you have too many combinations it'll be really hard to keep track of everything.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
I kinda want to write an equipment layering script now.
author=Trihan
I kinda want to write an equipment layering script now.

You'll save quite a lot of people the frustration :)
And of course, cookies.
Trihan
I do love me some cookies.
@Trihan Hey didn't know Trihan was on this website :)
Trihan
Hey man, I'm everywhere. ;D
Pages: 1