OLD SCHOOL RMERS: WHAT ARE SOME COMMUNITIES THAT YOU USED TO BELONG TO THAT HAVE CEASED TO EXIST?

Pages: first prev 123 next last
Magi
Resident Terrapin
author=Kaempfer
Then GW, where I was belittled and called Duke Kaempfer by Magi (fuck u!!!!!!!) and tft and someone else?

It is a troubling aspect of the modern world that a title which ascribes affluence, dignity, and grace should be regarded as derogatory and vain.

author=Kaempfer
Everyone agrees saltworld sucked, though.

So...can anyone even estimate many games were lost along with those?
SegNin diligently downloaded all of them.
Is SegNin still around? I have not seen his little FF1 Red Mage icon in a long time.
author=kentona
SegNin diligently downloaded all of them.

So, we just have to wait for him to upload whatever is not here already?
watermark
Got me my shiny new MZ
I was on a few but the one I remember best was Skytowergames. Wonder what happened to SiliconHero and LadyKiki...

There was this other one...Gaming Ground Zero I think?
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
Dunno if anyone mentioned it yet, but I was a cofounder of Warofthemagi. I wonder what Magus is doing these days.
I think it is not going to mean anything for people outside of Finland, but there used to be very active rpg forum in Finland. http://rpgmaker.fi

Now it is still there, but people have stopped to post, as the old guys at the forum grew up and new generation of rpg makers didin't find their way to the forums.
from 2003 I think, rpg2knet and gamingw/saltw. Good times!
I've been on many of RPG Maker forums since the Don Miguel days, but I was never that serious about it so I don't remember any of them. Some I posted a bit.. or I posted a teaser for whatever "big thing" I thought I was going to work on but most I did not.

My time was spent more on the IRC Roleplaying scene. RPGWorlds, Sorcery.net, etc etc. TalkCity was where I first started to get into the online RP community (#MysticShadowsInn).
author=watermark
I was on a few but the one I remember best was Skytowergames. Wonder what happened to SiliconHero and LadyKiki...

The name SiliconHero sounds familiar. Did he have a game out? Or create resources?
I've been around since Don Miguel days. I remember alot of the old communities, that have already been mentioned here. Never did get around to finishing my rpg, using FFVI rips.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=dethmetal
author=watermark

The name SiliconHero sounds familiar. Did he have a game out? Or create resources?

Silicon Hero ran Skytowergames. Sad no one remembers Epiphany Gaming, that was the best community. Aside from that pretty much all that's been mentioned I've been apart of at some point haha.
I spent a lot of time on GamingWorld under the username "Clucky". I still think of it from time to time, and remember the many strange happenings and inside jokes - it definitely had a huge influence on my creativity and sense of humor. I discovered two of my favorite bands there - "Pure Reason Revolution" and "Porcupine Tree".

I started a little spin-off community called "Gaming Central Forums" (GCF) on invisionfree and I had a blast. We had about 60 members at its height, probably no more than 20 active at any given time. There were more moderators and admins than normal users. We tried rebranding and creating a custom website, and the whole thing fizzled out.

Holy nostalgia! The internet was so different back then! I've really come to loathe this new age of social media. It feels so angry and shallow.
Vaccaria
You'd think MZ would use a dictionary for switches/variables by now?
Oh, you know.

RPGRPGRevolution and RPGMakerVX.net.

Feels kinda sad that they have to go down uphill, considering that I used VX first and published my first tutorial on RRRevolution.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I miss the old internet too!
author=polyrhythmate
Holy nostalgia! The internet was so different back then! I've really come to loathe this new age of social media. It feels so angry and shallow.

Yeah. Back then, our anger ran deep!
Pages: first prev 123 next last